Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

He wasn't shown the door at Corinthian-Casuals, you know full well that he left of his own accord as he was sold a pup when he agreed to join them. For your information Hector is now pulling up trees at Essex Senior League outfit Mauritius Sports.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
TommyK - I'm not so sure, personally I reckon Paul Attfield knows that Hector has severed ties with Kentish Town, he's no fool and must think all his Christmas's have come at once. If you cast your mind back to Wednesday 12 March Royston thought they only needed to turn up to win despite having a weakened team, Hector masterminded the 1-0 win as, if you recall, 'your friend' Clement was in Nigeria being interviewed for their National Coach vacancy.

Was he?

Nigerian Tribune article

Sjj2112 - We already concluded months ago that the Nigerian Tribune article was way off the mark, Clement spent almost three weeks in Nigeria having interviews for the job that Bertie Vogts vacated as this correct article verifies:

http://www.thecnj.com/camden/2008/042408/sports042408_01.html

i know i shouldn't bite, but i tend to go with a direct report from the Nigerian selector rather than the world renowned Camden journal - which incidentally uses the keyword 'applied' rather than temille spent 3 weeks being interviewed.

Lendal - We know that Sjj2112 will try every trick in the book to prove me wrong however he is just digging up old ground, here's a copy of an e-mail I received from Sky Sports no less who featured Clement on Soccer AM shortly after the amazing story broke, now they wouldn't carry a story that wasn't true would they:

-----Original Message-----

To: rhodes

Sent: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 3:27

Subject: Soccer AM - Clement Temile photograph

Hi Cliff,

I work at Soccer AM on Sky. We are mentioning the story about Clement Temile being looked at for the Nigeria job, I was wondering if you had a photograph of him that we could possibly use on the show this Saturday? Preferably we

Unfortunately the Nigerian consortium who, at one point, looked like taking over at St James Park have dropped out of the running so that possibility has now gone. Had they bought the Club from Mike Ashley then Clement would have certainly been considered for the Manager's job.

I wasn't trying to prove anybody wrong. I was merely asking the question as there appear to be two different sides to this story. I wasn't around when it was discussed the first time so I have no idea what has already been said.

....you know full well that he left of his own accord as he was sold a pup when he agreed to join them.

Really? I only ever said that I was told that he was shown the door. Sold a pup? Indeed, this from the very person who just a few months back lauded Corinthian Casuals as one of the biggest and best known and highly regarded (world wide I think you said) non-league clubs. Is this a shaggy dog story you're spinning us? Because now allegedly you'd have us believe they are selling small furry pets. Whatever next, not paying their players?!!!

However their purveying of cute canines really has nothing to do with Hector leaving and surely you are just clouding the issues by barking up this tree. You are a wag, I think you need to paws for further thought and then perhaps lead us in the right direction with this one rather than spin us a tail.

Originally Posted By: Wader

Really? I only ever said that I was told that he was shown the door

Wader - That's all highly amusing however if ever there was proof that you shouldn't listen to everything you hear then that was it, who actually told you out of interest as they couldn't have been more wrong. Corinthian-Casuals are a big Club and Hector was honoured to be associated with them for a short time however he was told that he could bring in his own players to improve the team that have taken Colombia to three successive Inner City World Cup finals, he was then told that he couldn't and the Club were content to persevere with the players they had despite having no playing budget to compete with Club's paying 4k plus a week, you only need to look at the Ryman League Division 1 South table to realise that he was wasting his time at King George's Field.

...the Club were content to persevere with the players they had despite having no playing budget to compete with Club's paying 4k plus a week, you only need to look at the Ryman League Division 1 South table to realise that he was wasting his time at King George's Field.

Surely that's the whole point though? I would have thought that a quality, inspiring, tactical genius would have been able to bring something to the party to improve the playing standards. I know the old saying 'you can't turn a sows ear into a silk purse', but are you saying here that CC players are all sows ears, or that Hector wasn't up to the job brief?

I find it strange that when he got the job you were lauding from the roof tops the 'Corinthian spirit' and now you are 'complaining' that they don't pay wages. That was all known full well at the outset.

As for who told me, well if you look back in the posts you will recall that I had a very long conversation on the phone with a manager who appeared to be very knowledgable on the subject.

Wader - I'm not knocking the Corinthian-Casuals spirit which is renowned and respected the World over however the fact is that they don't pay any wages which makes it virtually impossible for the Club to compete with the other 21 teams in the Ryman Division 1 South on a level playing field, you should know that with your 2k plus a week budget. I don't think even a Wenger, a Capello, a Morinho or a Scolari could improve their players so what chance would Hector have.

NeutralFan - Seeing how you've brought that up do we know if Craig Hammond is still on

NeutralFan - Seeing how you've brought that up do we know if Craig Hammond is still on

Originally Posted By: CubinLetch

Rhodes, are you aware yet that the 'k' in 2k stands for kit Kat's?

- if they play particularly well the odd Red Bull is thrown in too grin

Mrs Keeps - You've just substantiated who you are, how's your husband by the way, what's he doing with his time these days now he can't post on here.