Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Well done Broxbourne

Both Saf and Ossie were unavailbe. Saf is suspended to 12/10 and Ossie was injured.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Did James Osborn and Safraz both turn out, it was certainly a good win but the yardstick comes tomorrow evening at Bishops Stortford doesn't it.

Lets hope so Horace.

Originally Posted By: Horace
Did James Osborn and Safraz both turn out, it was certainly a good win but the yardstick comes tomorrow evening at Bishops Stortford doesn't it.

Stortford will turn out a team of triallists who have never even met each other before!

Originally Posted By: onekeown
Saf is suspended to 12/10

Impressive, 2 month suspension... what was that for?

I understand that it involved an Islington Midweek League game at the Market Road Astroturf, players have been told on numerous occasions not to involve themselves in that level of football where Officials such as Mr Panayotiou can be far too over zealous

Yes it was in the Isligton Mid week league

I understand that it involved an Islington Midweek League game at the Market Road Astroturf, players have been told on numerous occasions not to involve themselves in that level of football where Officials such as Mr Panayotiou can be far too over zealous

Sjj2112 - I'm simply using Mr Panayotiou as an example as there was also an incident at Market Road a number of seasons ago involving the infamous player who 'stuck the nut' on Clement Temile at Wellingborough Town last season.

Sjj2112 - I'm simply using Mr Panayotiou as an example as there was also an incident at Market Road a number of seasons ago involving the infamous player who 'stuck the nut' on Clement Temile at Wellingborough Town last season.

It is quite amazing how virtually all of your "example" referees are the same man.

If all you wanted to do was make a point about the refereeing standard of the league it seems to me that there was absolutely no need to mention any individual - all you had to say was "the poor standard of refereeing within the league."

Simple really.

Originally Posted By: sjj2112

It is quite amazing how virtually all of your "example" referees are the same man.

Not at all, I have mentioned Ben Furneaux on a number of occasions too

Originally Posted By: saf06

In fact i think Mr Panayotio is a good ref

Saf06 - I didn't say that he wasn't, my only real criticism of Mr Panayotiou is that everytime he goes out on a football pitch he thinks he is Refereeing, or running the line at, Chelsea v Man United and he needs to realise that he isn't.

Originally Posted By: saf06

In fact i think Mr Panayotio is a good ref

Saf06 - I didn't say that he wasn't, my only real criticism of Mr Panayotiou is that everytime he goes out on a football pitch he thinks he is Refereeing, or running the line at, Chelsea v Man United and he needs to realise that he isn't.

I think you'll find that applies to 90% of refs at this level and indeed higher.

Saf, anyone with any level of ability is mad to play down Market Road regardless of the level of refereeing standards.

Originally Posted By: backfour1

I think you'll find that applies to 90% of refs at this level and indeed higher.

Backfour1 - Have you actually witnessed first hand Mr Panayotiou Officiate at a match. I have only seen him run the line however he is always imaculately turned out and as soon as the Referee's whistle blows to start the proceedings he is 110% 'in the zone' and is always up with play. He keeps his flag outstretched in front of him at all times which is a unique style that I have never seen before in over 45 years of watching football.

Backfour1 - I have only seen him run the line however he is always imaculately turned out and as soon as the Referee's whistle blows to start the proceedings he is 110% 'in the zone' and is always up with play.

So how do you know what he refs like? Never let facts get in the way of your imagination Rhodes.
Obviously by your description of him as a lino, i can see where you get the impression he is a poor ref. doh

Originally Posted By: Bemused
So how do you know what he refs like?

Like I said I didn't say Mr Panayotiou was a bad Referee however I have heard first hand that he can be un-necessarily over zealous at Market Road in the Islington Midweek League, you're twisting my words.

9 out of 10 posters said that Rhodesys words don't need any twisting.

Quote:

congrats to the V & E on their shoot out win in the herts cup, to be fair they deserved it and wanted it more than our squad players, who had no excuses they didn't perform and deserve to get beat by the better team on the day in my eyes the V & E should have won in normal time they were more hungry than our players, as they say don't take lower teams for granted or u will get a shock which we did. oh well!

Congratulations to Broxbourne Borough on their fine Herts Charity Cup win at Bishops Stortford, the above is a complimentary statement from Gordon Boateng

I see from the Non League Today Website that Broxbourne have signed Pani Paniayiotou, I wonder if he is a relation to Mr Panayotiou and they have made a mistake with the spelling:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=59824

Originally Posted By: loosely
9 out of 10 posters said that Rhodesys words don't need any twisting.

but 99 posters out of 100 said his B0ll0cks needed a good twisting. Come on Cliff, the games up now. You are getting even more & more bitter & ridiculous & your posts are hardly ever football related nowadays.
Time for you to shut the feck up !