Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Middlesex County Premier League

Truth Teller

Rhodes....unfortunately if Hayes United do win League this season they will not be going up as they do not have the facilities for level 6, whereas BGU do.Don't know who would do level 6 more justice football wise, but me being biased I would obviously say Hayes United as I think they play the most attractive football in the division.Will introduce myself if I see ya Rhodes.

TRB - Thanks for that, so do you think that, in the unlikely event, Hayes United do win the league Bethnal Green United would still be eligible for promotion to Step 6. I've got a feeling that wouldn't be the case and Bethnal Green will obviously want to finish top anyway to be certain, I know they are considering entering the SSML Division 1 although geographically that wouldn't please all the teams from the Milton Keynes, Bedford and Luton area having to travel to the delights of Mile End.

Rhodes....Repesentative from Bedfont reckons if they get in top 3 they could go up to Step 6 as Champions elect Hayes United won't be eligible.I'm not too sure if this is true, but if it is, then BGU will go up as they will be the runners up. duel

Tomorrow's eagerly awaited fixtures:

Premier Division

Hayes United v Bethnal Green United

P Kodak (Harrow) v FC Deportivo Galicia

Marsh Rangers v Hayes Gate

Newham Borough (SECP) v Bedfont Sports

Middlesex County FA Intermediate Cup Semi Final

Indian Gymkhana v British Airways

Willesden Constantine v Southall

Today's results, Bethnal Green United were robbed blind hitting the woodwork on numerous occasions and Hayes being awarded two dubious penalties:

Middlesex County FA Intermediate Cup Semi Finals

Indian Gymkhana v British Airways (result still to come)

1 4 Willesden Constantine v Southall

Premier Division

3 2 Hayes United v Bethnal Green United

P Kodak (Harrow) v FC Deportivo Galicia

P Marsh Rangers v Hayes Gate

1 6 Newham Borough (SECP) v Bedfont Sports

Missing result:

Middlesex County FA Intermediate Cup Semi Final

3-3 Indian Gymkhana v British Airways

aet, British Airways win on penalties

Where was ya Rhodes?

Hayes United 3-2 Bethnal Green United

While I was very happy with Hayes win.Bethnal have to wonder why they did not get at least a point or all 3 .Hayes did not play well and BGU hit the woodwork 3 times.BGU started positively in the first half and kept Hayes penned back.Then Hayes United managed some possesion before the divisions leading scorer Saman Kanani struck to put Hayes 1 up.Hayes soon after had a penalty, but BGU keepers guessed correctly and saved to the delight of Justin "the Gaffa" & co.

In thw 2nd half BGU continued to try and press before they were caught on the breakaway by Andre Dacosta who cleverly dinked the ball over the keeper to the delight of myself and the other Hayes fans, who thought it would be safe know and the 3 points in the bag.Unfortunately BGU struck immediately afterwards, to leave Hayes on tenterhooks yet again.Things got heated between a couple of players on either side on the sidelines.BGU then had a Golden chance to equalise when their striker sprung the offside trap and thankfully the Hayes keeper denied him.BGU continued to press and Hayes looking to break on the counter attack, when Andre Costa having a better 2nd half played in Kanani who got brought down (Definite Penalty contrary to belief) as he was about to pull the trigger and another Penalty awarded to Hayes.This time calmly put away by Dion Grant who sent keeper the wrong way.Hayes thought the points were in the bag,but oh no Groundhog day struck and BGU hit back immediately.Thankfully not enough time for BGU to grab an equaliser and the ref blew sending me and some other relieved Hayes fans into rapturous delight.Met some nice people from BGU...one was their chairman Nurul and one of the subs.

Justin was well pissed off with the ref and I thought when the referee had called him up and a Hayes player, I thought he was gonna get an early bath even though he tried to play peacemaker.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

1 6 Newham Borough (SECP) v Bedfont Sports

A convincing win for Bedfont Sports on Saturday:

http://www.bedfontsportsclub.co.uk/matchdetails.asp?mid=740

Has Justin cooled down yet after saturday.As regards his opinion on the 2 penalties, I'm not sure if the first one was a penalty or not, but the 2nd one was definetly a penalty.BGU player definetly fouled Hayes player who looked about to score.

These 2 teams I reckon will meet in the final of the Divisional cup.

Justin doing a good job at BGU attracting players from higher up the football pyramid.Fair play to him.Hope BGU do get into Essex Senior League for next season.

BTW...what's this I'm hearing about Bethnal fielding an ineligible player against FC Deportivo Galicia? Apparently Middlesex FA to decide on whether BGU will be docked points or not.I think this is of particular interest to Bedfont Sports.

Originally Posted By: TRB

BTW...what's this I'm hearing about Bethnal fielding an ineligible player against FC Deportivo Galicia? Apparently Middlesex FA to decide on whether BGU will be docked points or not. I think this is of particular interest to Bedfont Sports.

It's all tittle tattle I assure you, apparently a player who had previously turned out for Blue Marlin this season pulled the wool over Bethnal Green United's eyes and gave false information when signing for them which later came to light, Bethnal Green immediately informed the league as they were totally innocent. The three points were taken away from them and the game with FC Deportivo Galicia will be played again at the end of the season, it's as simple as that.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

It's all tittle tattle I assure you, apparently a player who had previously turned out for Blue Marlin this season pulled the wool over Bethnal Green United's eyes and gave false information when signing for them which later came to light, Bethnal Green immediately informed the league as they were totally innocent. The three points were taken away from them and the game with FC Deportivo Galicia will be played again at the end of the season, it's as simple as that.

Hi....just been given the link to this thread, and it is a good one.....been reading all the posts and it does make for some interesting reading. In regards to the above, if that is the case then it is a lot less incriminating then I had imagined, but just out of interest, shouldn't the club secretary, or even the league secretary have been aware of who the player played for etc?
As a Bedfont Sports player I was hoping it would mean a point deduction as that would have massively helped us claw back the gulf of points between BGU and BS....I know what you're thinking that "Clinging onto hopes that other teams get disciplined in order to jump up the league is sad", but hey, im sure if you were in our position you would be wishing the same.
As a club we came close two seasons ago to automatic promotion but lost out to Sport London Benfica and Neasden, who were good teams......again that year dropping points to lower positioned teams killed us....just like this year has panned out.
I played against Bethnel and Hayes United in both of Bedfont's wins, but missed the two games at our patch as I am virtually a walking cripple, and they are by far the best two team in the league along with us...Park View were good, but excuse the pun "didnt like it up them".
Both Hayes and Bethnel boast some great players like Kanani, Costa, the guy with the eye patch, Kamara, and Sabaroche (Who I think is the Ginger lad but not sure)....so they both definately need to slip up in order for BS to catch them.
I still think Southall at home and Gymkhana can take points of the top three.
In regards to promotion, it all depends on the leagues....as like I said two years ago we came third and weren't promoted, yet last year Suttom Common did get promoted from third. The Middx Prem league is a b***h of a league to get out of, as it throws so many red herrings at you in terms of who can beat who. Just look how well Suttom Common are doing in the league above.
Will be a good run in tho I'm sure.

There is a report on the Hayes United v Bethnal Green United game in the East London Advertiser but the link isn't working, here it is in full:

Gardner rages at rough justice

18 February 2009

Bethnal Green United boss Justin Gardner launched a stinging attack on referee David Hookway after his side's nine-match winning streak was ended by title rivals Hayes United.

In a potentially fatal blow to the club's Middlesex County League championship ambitions, Bethnal Green fell to a dramatic defeat on Saturday as Hayes opened a six-point gap at the top of the Premier Division.

The East End side hit the woodwork three times in the club's first defeat in five months.

Yet Gardner pointed an accusing finger at referee Hookway, who awarded home side Hayes two penalties and disallowed an apparently legitimate Bethnal Green effort.

"The referee was absolutely shocking. In terms of what the boys gave me, I couldn't have asked for anything more - we were superb," Gardner said.

"We lost because the referee killed us. He was in the middle of the park for all the crucial decisions and you can't referee a match from the centre circle."

Hayes had taken an early lead through league top-scorer Saman Kanani and could have gone further ahead when they were awarded a controversial penalty, but Phil Skelton produced a magnificent save to deny Kanani.

Yet Bethnal Green gradually took control of the contest and Alfred Kamara and Leon Ryan both hit the crossbar before a dramatic finale produced four goals in the final 15 minutes.

With Bethnal Green pushing forward in search of an equaliser, Andre Costa doubled Hayes' lead, but Marlon Campbell produced an immediate response by turning home Boateng's cross.

Bethnal Green should have drawn level when Nathan Mulgrave's free-kick hit the underside of the crossbar, while Danny Sabroche also spurned a glorious chance.

Yet Hayes struck a critical blow when Deon Grant successfully converted a second dubious penalty and despite Campbell converting Boateng's cross to reduce the deficit for a second time, Bethnal Green could find no way back.

So who is the person involved in stirring things up in the Middlesex County Football League for Parkview?

As far as I understand it all dews are paid for and up to date with the Middlesex FA. So why are there member/s of the Premier Division wanting Parkview expelled from the league, if not for their own gain?

The league is a difficult one to get promoted from, despite doing it at first time of calling, but there are certain teams that deserve to stay there for as long as humanly possible. Attempting every dirty trick in the book to gain some sort of advantage to win a game is repaid with just missing out on promotion e.g. Things like opening changing rooms and allowing the opposition personal belongings to be stolen from the changing rooms, promising to pay compensation, with no intention of doing so etc.

I hope the best football sides win it. Parkview are by far just that. The best footballing side in that division. Take them out of the equation and it leaves the door open for another team to get promotion who probably doesn't deserve it. I take it this is the conspiracy I am witnessing. Shame on the people involved. Your parents must be proud of you.

Special 1....whom are you talking about in particular? From what I understand (and seeing as I wasn't at the unfortunate game), three of your players physically assaulted a match official....is that correct? Are their parents proud of them? I would like Park View to stay in the league, as otherwise only Bethnal and Bedfont lose out having been the only teams to beat Park View. We had the same ref last week, and he is a very awkward referee to get along with, but if the above did happen, then I have absolutely no sympathy for you.

If I remember righlty, when Bedfont beat you in last years Cup final alot of your players again started pushing and shouting at the referee after the 90 minutes and accused him of being a racist.....simply because you lost, and your players are not used to it.

Also to beg to differ, I think both Bethnal and Hayes UTD play just as pretty a game of football as yourselves.

Tree Hugger, Parkview is not my team.

As for your final with Parkview, and the same happened the year before against AGBL, decisions went very much for Bedfont Sports. Referees have very easy ways of influencing results in their games. Sending off players is one of them.

Regarding the official in hand, I am still in contact with various teams in that league and they have nothing good to say about this official.

As for the alledged assault, I believe the Middlesex FA did not come to this conclusion. Correct me if i am wrong.

Originally Posted By: Special1
So who is the person involved in stirring things up in the Middlesex County Football League for Parkview?

As far as I understand it all dews are paid for and up to date with the Middlesex FA. So why are there member/s of the Premier
I hope the best football sides win it. Parkview are by far just that. The best footballing side in that division. Take them out of the equation and it leaves the door open for another team to get promotion who probably doesn't deserve it. I take it this is the conspiracy I am witnessing. Shame on the people involved. Your parents must be proud of you.

While Parkview are half decent, I disagree with you that they are the best football side in the Division.I think best footballing sides in division are Hayes United (personal bias excited) and BGU.

Originally Posted By: Special1
Tree Hugger, Parkview is not my team.

As for your final with Parkview, and the same happened the year before against AGBL, decisions went very much for Bedfont Sports. Referees have very easy ways of influencing results in their games. Sending off players is one of them.

Regarding the official in hand, I am still in contact with various teams in that league and they have nothing good to say about this official.

As for the alledged assault, I believe the Middlesex FA did not come to this conclusion. Correct me if i am wrong.

Special 1 - Apologies for the assumption - Who do you represent? Or are you just a non-league fan?

Yes there have been two sendings off in both of the last two cup finals we have been in, but tell me honestly, were they just? AGBL player was booked for a foul which in fairness was a bit harsh, but then to make the worlds worst dive and roll around like Rivaldo when the ball hit his knee, yet he held his face, 2 yards in front of the linesman was stupid and pathetic. And didne AGBL get a penalty when it was actually a free kick on the edge of the box? Then last year, Park View could have had three players sent off. The player that scored for them lunged over the ball and late on a Bedfont player who had to be stretchered off and still his a nice stud indentation just below his knee, and then the red card was given for the left back kicking - Yes getting up and kicking the Bedfont player who was on the ground. Later on in that game another Park View player stamped on another Bedfont player in the jmiddle of the park after the ball had been played up field, but the referee had his back turned. Anyway all of that is said and done.
In regards to what happened at Bethnal between the two clubs, I will never know, as I wasn't there.....but reading the Bethnal match report and word of mouth (as chinese whispery it may be) didn't leave much else to the imagination. As it stands Park View have not been kikced out of the league, but with no fixtures put up for them, it isn't looking good......and then there will be the big debate that if they are allowed back in, the teams who still have to play them will have a moan up as other teams got given points against them, so I can't see the league letting them play again this year. If that is the case, it will be a shame, as I have played them twice now, and they are a good side and the games between us have been good.....and Im sure the games between them and the rest of the league would have been good and made the league a bit more interesting.