Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Middlesex County Premier League

Truth Teller

Originally Posted By: Special1
"Dave Reader is a very proud man, and been involved for football and the community for over 30 years, so I don't think he would stoop to them levels."

Unfortunately, I have it on video. I also have the save - putting a face to a name - brilliant!

Hahaha....is it too late to admit I used to be a keeper

or a right foot hammer like others,

R U sure mate? Was it not you that cracked that volley after 2 minutes to put Bedfont Sunday 1 up in the Middlesex Senior County Cup final 2 seasons back against Osterley Rangers?

That was me, but it was more of a swinger....and it was from 5 yards out....I dont think I will ever connect with a ball like that again.......If you thought that was good you should ask someone at the club about my own goal in the Sunday FA Cup three years ago.....a beauty it was.....chipped it up, chested it, kneed it up then smashed a left foot volley top corner from 25 yards hanged

I think, by the sounds of it, when your player 'took you out', you weren't too aware of your senses, as your team-mate bulldozed you over (understandable as you're a physical team and sometimes get hit by 'friendly fire') or you must be in denial re. the contact made. It was obvious to the referee especially after the player rode the first 2 challenges.

Back to the stolen property on the day.

Here are the facts:

- Changing room is on the first floor of the building.

- It is serviced by one set narrow stairs that only the teams have access to.

- These stairs were locked by the keyholder - Mr Reader's other son who looks after the bar.

- The staircase and each changing room was open when the game finished.

- The Bedfont Sports players went to change and shower straight after the game.

- The Benfica players celebrated on the pitch, for a decent amount of time, in full view of our changing room window, where the people involved in the crime could see exactly when the team headed back to the clubhouse.

- There were at least 2 players who left early without having showers - and were not named.

- After ringing one of the missing phones and talking to someone on the other end, and on the receiving end of some rascist comments, I advised them that I was handing the phone over to your Chairman.

- They hung up!

By now, 'who dunnit?' must have fizzled down to your ears and you must know the people responsible. Everyone else can come to their own conclusion. I'm not even the slightest bit interested who.

What I'm disappointed about are the false promises made on the night in question that my players, who had lost property, were going to be compensated by your Chairman.

Originally Posted By: Special1
I think, by the sounds of it, when your player 'took you out', you weren't too aware of your senses, as your team-mate bulldozed you over (understandable as you're a physical team and sometimes get hit by 'friendly fire') or you must be in denial re. the contact made. It was obvious to the referee especially after the player rode the first 2 challenges.

Back to the stolen property on the day.

Here are the facts:
- Changing room is on the first floor of the building.
- It is serviced by one set narrow stairs that only the teams have access to.
- These stairs were locked by the keyholder - Mr Reader's other son who looks after the bar.
- The staircase and each changing room was open when the game finished.
- The Bedfont Sports players went to change and shower straight after the game.
- The Benfica players celebrated on the pitch, for a decent amount of time, in full view of our changing room window, where the people involved in the crime could see exactly when the team headed back to the clubhouse.
- There were at least 2 players who left early without having showers - and were not named.
- After ringing one of the missing phones and talking to someone on the other end, and on the receiving end of some rascist comments, I advised them that I was handing the phone over to your Chairman.
- They hung up!

By now, 'who dunnit?' must have fizzled down to your ears and you must know the people responsible. Everyone else can come to their own conclusion. I'm not even the slightest bit interested who.

What I'm disappointed about are the false promises made on the night in question that my players, who had lost property, were going to be compensated by your Chairman.

Fella....what a load of gobbledegook......You were right on a few things tho:

Our changing Rooms are on the first floor
It is serviced by one staircase
These stairs were locked, but would have been openeed when your player was sent off allowing him to shower, as you cannot stay pitchside once you have been dismissed

You were wrong in your stupid accusation that a Bedfont player stole your belongings.....If you think that you're an absolute berke.....Two players in particular complained straight away that they were missing phones and wallets and so went back downstairs, which is probably when your team came in from celebrating and noticed they too had goods missing.....So could the player who was sent off have stolen our goods....I dont know, but reckon that when he left the changing rooms, they were never locked again.

Why would our chairman re-imburse you properly......were the police not called that night? Would it then not go through an official police report, and then through the insurance?

I havent got a clue who did it....and it certainly wasn't a player from Bedfont Sports.

Anyway, where are Benfica going to play next year? I have heard that Hanwell's ground is being brought out.....will you go the same way as Neasden? Would be a shame to lose two great footballing sides like Park View and Benfica in close succession

Originally Posted By: danielpjn
Is it likely to be the top 2 or 3 teams promoted from the Middlesex County League?

I understand Bedfont have applied to the Combined Counties. Have any other teams applied to this league?

Nobody knows. Each year it is different. Two seasons ago, Benfica and Neasden were promoted whilst ground sharing, and Neasden only entered a ground share to gain promotion....they didnt finish the next season in the CCL. Bedfont were denied having finished third.

Last season, South Kilburn were promoted from second, and Suttom Common from third as Gymkhana could not go up having won the Middlesex league. Barnet merged to gain promotion.

This year Hayes and Bethnal could go up, but I am not sure if Hayes have a ground to enable them to, so it might go to a third placed team, or it might not.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: TRB

plus if Mitoo site is anything to go by Hayes United have been re-instated with the 3 points from the Bethnal Green game which had been taken from them while this dispute over Mr Hussein was up in the air, which puts them 6 points ahead of BGU

TRB - Yes I believe that is the case however there is no smoke without fire and I'm sure the Club (Bethnal Green) will be carrying out their own investigations to prove that something untoward did take place.

Rhodes - sounds like you're clutching at straws mate.We could get MI5 involved if you want.Hayes United across the season so far have proved themselves the best team in the division, but they ain't Champions yet.
I would Love to have gone to league meeting as it's near where I live.
BTW....in division 1, I noticed that North Kensington player Madalitso Mkoloma made his international debut for Barbados in a friendly last year

Tomorrow's fixtures:

Premier Division

Bethnal Green United v Broadfields United

Marsh Rangers v Kodak (Harrow)

Newham Borough (SECP) v Hayes Gate

Southall v FC Deportivo Galicia

Willesden Constantine v Bedfont Sports

The Alec Smith Premier Division Cup Quarter Final

Hayes United v Indian Gymkhana

Originally Posted By: Tree Hugger
Originally Posted By: danielpjn
Is it likely to be the top 2 or 3 teams promoted from the Middlesex County League?

I understand Bedfont have applied to the Combined Counties. Have any other teams applied to this league?

This year Hayes and Bethnal could go up, but I am not sure if Hayes have a ground to enable them to, so it might go to a third placed team, or it might not.

Hayes are definely not going up this year even if they are champions as they don't have the facilities to do so.BGU do have the facilities and will go up.Spoke to their chairman at the Hayes vs BGU game who says they've applied to the Essex Senior League for next season if theu get promoted.Bedfont definelty have the facilities, but unless something dramatic happens in the League and Newham Borough somehow don't reel them in to take 3rd place,they may be spending at least another season with Hayes in this League.Shame really as I don't think Bedfont would struggle at level 6 especially as these leagues get more physical the further you go up the football pyrmaid.

Spoke to their chairman at the Hayes vs BGU game who says they've applied to the Essex Senior League for next season if theu get promoted

Isn't the Essex Senior League Step 5, I thought the Middlesex County League Premier Division was Step 7.

Today's Results:

Premier Division

1 0 Bethnal Green United v Broadfields United

1 1 Marsh Rangers v Kodak (Harrow)

0 1 Newham Borough (SECP) v Hayes Gate

3 0 Southall v FC Deportivo Galicia

1 4 Willesden Constantine v Bedfont Sports

The Alec Smith Premier Division Cup Quarter Final

Hayes United v Indian Gymkhana

(result still to come, presumably playing extra time)

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Spoke to their chairman at the Hayes vs BGU game who says they've applied to the Essex Senior League for next season if theu get promoted

Isn't the Essex Senior League Step 5, I thought the Middlesex County League Premier Division was Step 7.

Rhodes...Essex Senior League is in step 5 and Middlesex in step 7.It is their chairman who told me this when I spoke to him at Hayes vs BGU game.I thought you knew that they applied for this League as you're in close contact with the Gaffa.

TRB - Were you at a game this afternoon. Yes I did know that Bethnal Green United had applied to the Essex Senior League but will they be able to jump two tiers in one go, that was my question, I haven't discussed it with anyone at the Club.

Rhodes.....yes, I was at the game this afternoon.When I got there there Gymkhana was 1 up before Hayes hit back just befor half time.Was 1-1 at 90 minutes before going to extra time when Hayes took lead in 2nd half of extratime, before Gymkhana equalised with a couple of minutes before penalties after a poor goal kick from Hayes keeper which ended up in Hayes scoring an own goal. Hayes scored all their penalty kicks and Gymkhana had 2 penalties saved by the Hayes keeper.

We'll just have to see what happens as regards whether BGU will jumpt 2 steps up the pyramid as I really don't know what will happen on that issue.

Good result for Bedfont today especially with Newham Borough losing to Hayes Gate.