Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Middlesex County Premier League

Truth Teller

Today's results

Premier Division

0 1 Bedfont Sports v Kodak (Harrow)

1 3 FC Deportivo Galicia v Hayes United

1 2 Hayes Gate v Broadfields United

0 2 Indian Gymkhana v Bethnal Green United

1 4 Willesden Constantine v Newham Borough (SECP)

The Alec Smith Premier Division Cup Quarter Final

2 1 Southall v Marsh Rangers

Did not see that Bedfont defeat coming.Think that is a big blow to their promotion chances.Newham Borough could sneak up and nick 3rd place from them.

TRB - So do you finally concede that Bethnal Green United are nearly home and dry, with Hayes United facing a points deduction, and are by far the best team equipped for Step 6 football next season. Tonight's League meeting should see Park View found guilty as charged and unceremoniously expelled from the League.

Originally Posted By: TRB
Did not see that Bedfont defeat coming.Think that is a big blow to their promotion chances.Newham Borough could sneak up and nick 3rd place from them.

Truth be known, Saturday was one of the worst preformances I have played in or witnessed Bedfont Sports play. Despite still havin the ball in the net but dissallowed for offside, and the Kodak keeper making a few good saves to deny Phelan, Bedfont were just poor.....got outbattled. Only a few players turned out performances that were above par.

Just as winning 6-1 against newham a couple of weeks ago does not guarantee promotion, losing 1-0 to Kodak again does not rule out promotion.

But having said that,Bedfont again had 80% of the play but could not find the net and got caught out with yet another long ball over the top not for the first time this season.

To many bertie big bo---ks in the side playing as individuals trying to look good individually,never mind the team,

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
TRB - So do you finally concede that Bethnal Green United are nearly home and dry, with Hayes United facing a points deduction, and are by far the best team equipped for Step 6 football next season. Tonight's League meeting should see Park View found guilty as charged and unceremoniously expelled from the League.

Rhodes...er no mate as the season ends in april/may and this is March, so BGU are definetly not home and dry just yet,plus if Mitoo site is anything to go by Hayes United have been re-instated with the 3 points from the Bethnal Green game which had been taken from them while this dispute over Mr Hussein was up in the air, which puts them 6 points ahead of BGU.I'd rather the 3 points be settled on the pitch than off it and BGU were undone by 2 fantastic goals and a definite penalty by Hayes United despite the protestations of yourself (Who was not even there) and the Gaffa that you were robbed blind.Even Justin could not argue with the 2 quality goals that were scored against BGU, he knew they were good.

The Alec Smith Premier Division Cup Quarter Final
2 1 Southall v Marsh Rangers

A report on this one from Marsh Rangers Website.

http://www.marshrangersfc.co.uk/match_report.pl

Originally Posted By: TRB

plus if Mitoo site is anything to go by Hayes United have been re-instated with the 3 points from the Bethnal Green game which had been taken from them while this dispute over Mr Hussein was up in the air, which puts them 6 points ahead of BGU

TRB - Yes I believe that is the case however there is no smoke without fire and I'm sure the Club (Bethnal Green) will be carrying out their own investigations to prove that something untoward did take place. Incidentally have you heard on the grapevine how the League meeting went last night, were Park View unceremoniously expelled following their antics at the Mile End Stadium earlier in the campaign.

TRB - Yes I believe that is the case however there is no smoke without fire and I'm sure the Club (Bethnal Green) will be carrying out their own investigations to prove that something untoward did take place. Incidentally have you heard on the grapevine how the League meeting went last night, were Park View unceremoniously expelled following their antics at the Mile End Stadium earlier in the campaign.

Rumour has it, yes they were.....only 1 team opted to keep them in apparently, compared to 50 plus against

It is amazing the influence a certain team in the Middlesex County Football League has.

The first to speak in a meeting, even given the stage to condemn Parkview.

And yet they never had to answer to their own antics in previous seasons. I find this very strange. I was present at the Cup final last season, and the previous season, and witnessed several goings on that I haven't witnessed in football for a long time. Including children of the team, some 7,8 year olds, copying their dads doing the same.

As for the meeting yesterday, more a formality by the sounds of it, as teams had already been canvassed prior to the meeting by certain individuals.

Sad, as, from what I understand, the team had NOT been found guilty by the Middlesex FA; paid their fines and yet the whole team is condemned for the alleged action of three players, that wasn't proven.

I just hope that all the teams in the MCFL, that voted against Parkview, aren't faced with a similar scenario where they are faced with a player that loses it and are fighting promotion with said team mentioned at the beginning next season! The precedent has been set. I'm also glad they won't be promoted, once again! Better luck next season!

Originally Posted By: Special1
It is amazing the influence a certain team in the Middlesex County Football League has.
The first to speak in a meeting, even given the stage to condemn Parkview.

And yet they never had to answer to their own antics in previous seasons. I find this very strange. I was present at the Cup final last season, and the previous season, and witnessed several goings on that I haven't witnessed in football for a long time. Including children of the team, some 7,8 year olds, copying their dads doing the same.

As for the meeting yesterday, more a formality by the sounds of it, as teams had already been canvassed prior to the meeting by certain individuals.

Sad, as, from what I understand, the team had NOT been found guilty by the Middlesex FA; paid their fines and yet the whole team is condemned for the alleged action of three players, that wasn't proven.

I just hope that all the teams in the MCFL, that voted against Parkview, aren't faced with a similar scenario where they are faced with a player that loses it and are fighting promotion with said team mentioned at the beginning next season! The precedent has been set. I'm also glad they won't be promoted, once again! Better luck next season!

Ouch......so you still dont like us? Why is that? You should be a politician, as you have a very narrow minded view, and are very bitter despite sitting pretty in a higher league! Im sure that if we get promoted or not, Terry will ease the tension by offering you a friendly in pre-season, to which you will probably stuff us again like the old times.
By the sounds of it, you are virtually condoning football violence, which is a very sad message to send out to people, especially kids that 7 or 8 years old coming along to cup finals to see referees attacked after a game, and players kicked whilst on the floor.......so the message you are giving is to bring violence to games, and not shout from the stands when watching your team play and the world would be a better place?!??

I don't believe I mentioned the name of the team, but if the description fits ...

I don't condone violence. I do concur that if violence had been proven, action should be taken. However, the Middlesex FA dealt with it and whatever the punishment and serving it, the team should have been allowed to continue with its season.

To bring in a report from the previous season, unseen by anyone at Parkview prior to yesterday's meeting, to use against them in the witch-hunt is underhand and only underlines to me that there is more than meets the eye.

As for the shouting from the stands - it really depends what they are shouting. All I can say is that the world would be a better place if ignorance wouldn't exit and unfortunately, some people tie winning at sport with ignorance and get pleasure out of it. Sad but true. Even sadder, are the people that came away from the meeting all happy with themselves. The best team in the league is now out.

I don't believe I mentioned the name of the team, but if the description fits ...
I don't condone violence. I do concur that if violence had been proven, action should be taken. However, the Middlesex FA dealt with it and whatever the punishment and serving it, the team should have been allowed to continue with its season.

To bring in a report from the previous season, unseen by anyone at Parkview prior to yesterday's meeting, to use against them in the witch-hunt is underhand and only underlines to me that there is more than meets the eye.

As for the shouting from the stands - it really depends what they are shouting. All I can say is that the world would be a better place if ignorance wouldn't exit and unfortunately, some people tie winning at sport with ignorance and get pleasure out of it. Sad but true. Even sadder, are the people that came away from the meeting all happy with themselves. The best team in the league is now out.

haha....To be facetious, I did not mention a team name either - but if you're feeling guilty!What you did do, is everything barr spell the team name, which to me boiled down to either Bedfont or Bethnal....and going from your previous years comments abiut us I took the gamble on Bedfont.
I agree partially with your comment regarding a report from a previous season, but does this then mean that Park View were also involved in a violent encounter previously? If so, then their actions appear to be consistent, and not what any governing body would like in their leagues.
Your judgements are slightly hypocritical however, as you are quite blatantly tarnishing Bedfont Sport's name (Even though you never mentioned the team name - Everyone knows by your in depth description) yet you oppose other teams tarnishing Park View's reputation.
Park View were a good side, but like I said before, they were beaten by Newham in the cup, and Bedfont and Bethnal in the league, so they were by no means untouchable, and I'm sure Hayes and Bedfont would have made them work hard in the return fixtures before Park View were suspended. If anything the expulsion of Park View, has further dented Bedfont's tiny hope of catching the top two, as we will lose out having been only one of two teams to beat Park View in the league.
Some peoples actions do leave a sour taste in the mouth, I'm still getting over the Sporting Benfica striker diving 5 minutes after the tackle was made, and being off the pitch at the time and getting a penalty to beat us 3-2 at our ground three seasons ago to kill off our promotion hopes, he dived, everyone knows it, even you "Special 1", but we have to live with it...

By that point in the season you had to count on other people doing the business for you as we won the league on that day. As for my player diving (yawn), I wonder where you get that from, he got hit at the half way line, hit again just outside the area, rode that one too and tried to ride the third and keep on his feet but unable to. A dive? After riding so many fouls in the same run? I think not.

You guys had more than a helping hand in that game too. Just to remind you - you were playing against 9 players at the time. It is amazing how Bedfont has this knack of getting players sent off in the MCFL. Funny that.

Let me also remind you that there were key sendings off in the Open Final, the year prior, against AGBL too. Coincidence? I'll let others decide. I know my opinion.

The fact is, the expulsion of Parkview does help your cause. Yes, you and Bethnal will lose 3 points, however, the other contender for promotion - Newham Borough - would lose 6 points. And you would still have to play the return tie with Parkview which I don't think you guys would of fancied. Hence the protest.

As for tarnishing the name of a team ... that would imply that the team had a name that had not been tarnished already. I'm sure you are not that naive. What goes on in the team talk? No need to tell declare the type of things that are said. I've heard it second-hand and first hand.

Some teams want to play football and win games by doing so. Other teams don't. Some of your players have real ability. If they took their physical fitness seriously and were lead by a real football manager, you could have a great team. I 'fear' that until you stop resorting to certain tactics, you will continue in the MCFL for many years to come.

You make me laugh, if it was up to you football would be a non contact sport......your play rode three fouls did he, are you sure you dont mean tackles that he evaded....as a player you have to make a tackle, and you either get the ball, the man, or nothing.....we made no contact at all with the striker yet he still went to ground......you can call Bedfont all you like, but diving is cheating!

Bedfont Sports have no knack of getting players sent off. We play a physical game, and some players feel the need to lash out at that.....like Park View, like Benfica.....and AGBL was sent off for the world's most embarrassing dive when Barrett was no way near his face......can you atleast admit that?

It is a fact that certain teams can't play against physical, route 1 teams (Or football from the 80's as you described us as), Benfica managed it as they were a damn good side, but it unsettled them, and Spelthorne also handed them a hiding or two as they play physical football also. Other teams like Park View struggled, even Hayes struggled at their ground (and they play better football them Park View), but then duely got their revenge at our ground.

So it doesnt help Bedfont, Bethnal, Newham and Hayes.....yet it does the chasing pack, like Gymkhana, Southall who can all now contest for third place with Bedfont. Anyhow, why couldn't or didn't Park View name and shame the three players that "Apparently" assaulted the referee? Isn't that what the league was asking for? Woyuld that not have helped their cause?

And what team talks? I dont know what you are implying, but i can't quite remember when any of our managers or officials have sent us out with the authority to start world war 3, or a UFC match.....its always, be stronger in the tackle, and earn the right to play football by COMPETING!

You keep saying certain tactics, but what else can a one footed cart horse like myself do other then be physical?

At least you have a sense of humour. The fact that you state you made no contact with the player but also state you are a physical side is slightly contradictory because there wouldn't be many that would believe you.

Spelthorne were our bogey team but never found them physical.

Tactics? How about a certain game in the season where we played you in the division cup, I think. You were losing something like 5-2, I haven't got the time to check. Embarrassingly, your Chairman shouts to his son to tell his players to go down injured to try and postpone the game? No substitutions left and less than the players necessary to continue, despite it being 5 minutes from the end.

In one season my experience from your team was all negative and after leaving the league, my experience as a spectator continued to be the same. Please don't forget about our stolen property from our changing room at your ground, which your chairman promised to compensate for and unsurprisingly, we are still waiting.

What did the league do about it? Was it even mentioned at any meeting? I think not. Privileged? As the Insurance company saying goes: You don't have to be posh to be privileged!

I see that Bedfont Sports have finally put the match report from last Saturday on their Website, it's hardly surprising they dragged their feet:

http://www.bedfontsportsclub.co.uk/matchdetails.asp?mid=753

I see that Bedfont Sports have finally put the match report from last Saturday on their Website, it's hardly surprising they dragged their feet:

http://www.bedfontsportsclub.co.uk/matchdetails.asp?mid=753

Its always harder writing a match report when you lose......

At least you have a sense of humour. The fact that you state you made no contact with the player but also state you are a physical side is slightly contradictory because there wouldn't be many that would believe you.

Spelthorne were our bogey team but never found them physical.

Tactics? How about a certain game in the season where we played you in the division cup, I think. You were losing something like 5-2, I haven't got the time to check. Embarrassingly, your Chairman shouts to his son to tell his players to go down injured to try and postpone the game? No substitutions left and less than the players necessary to continue, despite it being 5 minutes from the end.

In one season my experience from your team was all negative and after leaving the league, my experience as a spectator continued to be the same. Please don't forget about our stolen property from our changing room at your ground, which your chairman promised to compensate for and unsurprisingly, we are still waiting.

What did the league do about it? Was it even mentioned at any meeting? I think not. Privileged? As the Insurance company saying goes: You don't have to be posh to be privileged!

I admit I play physical, thats my weapon......I dont have a left foot wand like some or a right foot hammer like others, nor do I have pace to burn, tricks to amaze.....I do what is effective for me! Your a little bit like Arsene Wenger whinging about Bolton or Blackburn tactics, yet when your players lash out, or dive, you simply "Did not see it"....but I am telling you that I hand on my heart did not touch your player that night, nor did my other centre half, as he took me out.

Ahh the infamous game where we had three players sent off......my being the first for a great one handed save on the goal line to tip the ball wide.....so as I was sent off I did not hear the so called message you are referring to. However Dave Reader is a very proud man, and been involved for football and the community for over 30 years, so I don't think he would stoop to them levels.

In regards to the thieves that night, I do feel very bad for any player that lost their money that night.....if you remember rightly it wasn't just your dressing room that was burgled, it was ours also, but we took most of our personal belongings out, so only a few wallets and phones were taken......that was a very busy night, as it was a title decider if you had lost, Neasden could have one, or we could have caught you, so there were spectators there from a few clubs......Im not sure the league could have done anything about it....as a result though we now have a security coded door leading up to the changing rooms.

Anyhow, if you get relegated this season, does that mean you come back down to the Middlesex County Prem?

"Dave Reader is a very proud man, and been involved for football and the community for over 30 years, so I don't think he would stoop to them levels."

Unfortunately, I have it on video. I also have the save - putting a face to a name - brilliant!