Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Middlesex County Premier League

Truth Teller

Originally Posted By: Tree Hugger

Special 1 - Apologies for the assumption - Who do you represent?

Special1 is Coach of Sport London e Benfica so he knows what he's talking about when it comes to the Middlesex County League.

Interesting topic this, Lurking through and disapointed to hear such a strong team as parkview fc chucked the season away by getting so aggresive when they clearly be 10x better if they kept thier discipline!...Looking on bethnal green united website, they have some strong looking characters but someone mention threatening to shoot which is a disapointment in itself but anger management could sort it out before it too late. and bedfont sports, looking at the league are the mouse of the league, going up the league fast but quiet..what are they like? bedfont sports that is....?...

P.s good evening!

Originally Posted By: TheDefender

but someone mention threatening to shoot which is a disapointment in itself

Ignore that as it was a wind up merchant on here called Truth Teller who was spreading vicious rumours, Bethnal Green United are whiter than white unlike Park View.

how about middlesex league 1? anyone or any team taking the league by storm? not been up todate with them this year.

Which one, Division 1 Central & East or Division 1 West, I don't think anybody is interested to be honest as it's real Hackney Marshes stuff.

And bedfont sports, looking at the league are the mouse of the league, going up the league fast but quiet..what are they like? bedfont sports that is....?...
P.s good evening!

Bedfont are a good team.I would say dangerous from set pieces as they have have a couple of tall players good in the air.Have made some good signings especially recently with former Wycombe player Leon Phelan joining ranks, plus other good players like Barrett,Smith,Scotchford & Buzzard (if he can keep off the treatment table).They've beaten,Parkview,BGU and Hayes United this season so they are no ones fools.Unfortunately their undoing is dropping against the teams lower down the table.Only time will tell if this will cost them promotion at the end of the season

Today's fixtures:

Premier Division

Bethnal Green United v Kodak (Harrow)

Broadfields United v Hayes United

Indian Gymkhana v Marsh Rangers

Willesden Constantine v Hayes Gate

London County FA Junior Cup Semi Final

Newham Borough (SECP) v LOASS

MCFL Senior Open Cup Quarter Finals

Hillingdon Abbots Seniors v Southall

Bedfont Sports v St Johns Arsenal Deaf

Results in so far:

Premier Division

Bethnal Green United v Kodak (Harrow)

2-3 Broadfields United v Hayes United

1-1 Indian Gymkhana v Marsh Rangers

1-0 Willesden Constantine v Hayes Gate

Newham Borough (SECP) v LOASS

2-4 Hillingdon Abbots Seniors v Southall

6-0 Bedfont Sports v St Johns Arsenal Deaf

All the results:

Premier Division

3-1 Bethnal Green United v Kodak (Harrow)

2-3 Broadfields United v Hayes United

1-0 Willesden Constantine v Hayes Gate

3-1 Newham Borough (SECP) v LOASS

2-4 Hillingdon Abbots Seniors v Southall

6-0 Bedfont Sports v St Johns Arsenal Deaf

I have it on good authority that Hayes United played a suspended player last week against Bethnal Green United, namely playmaker Mohammed Husseyn, and as a result the three points have been awarded to the Mile End Stadium Club. Watch this space for more news as it unfolds.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Special 1 - Apologies for the assumption - Who do you represent?

Special1 is Coach of Sport London e Benfica so he knows what he's talking about when it comes to the Middlesex County League.

Aaahhhhh....he doesn't much like Bedfont Sports....he thinks we play football from the eighties.....maybe we do, but physicality is our strong point. I think Sporting Benfica were somehow related to AGBL of Hackney in some way

I have it on good authority that Hayes United played a suspended player last week against Bethnal Green United, namely playmaker Mohammed Husseyn, and as a result the three points have been awarded to the Mile End Stadium Club. Watch this space for more news as it unfolds.

Rhodes....that would be interesting....especially as word on the grapevine is that the league are still to have a hearing on the Bethnal, Deportivo game....so the possibility still remains that both teams have points deducted......

especially as word on the grapevine is that the league are still to have a hearing on the Bethnal, Deportivo game....so the possibility still remains that both teams have points deducted......

Well that's news to me, I heard the game will simply be replayed as Bethnal Green United were totally blameless, it's not like knowingly playing a suspended player for example is it.

Well that's news to me, I heard the game will simply be replayed as Bethnal Green United were totally blameless, it's not like knowingly playing a suspended player for example is it.

Hands up though....my information isnt concrete....again it is word of mouth.....but rules are rules, and whether or not Bethnal admitted to it, the rule was still broken.....but if Hayes get deducted points, it will take away their advantage

but if Hayes get deducted points, it will take away their advantage

Yes and justice will have been done, Bethnal Green United were robbed blind last Saturday at Hayes United.

A report from another's Forum:

11am - Indian Gymkhana 1 Marsh Rangers 1, Middlesex County League, Att 120, Admission: No, Prog

It would seem that this game was awash with groundhoppers yesterday due to the 11.00 kick off, the Club must have coined it in with a bumper 120 gate:

Indian Gymkana 1 Marsh Rangers 1

Also at the Indian jamboree and cannot understand the above comment. From half-time onwards, the clubhouse had on offer the most substantial Indian menu I've ever seen at a football match. I went for the Chilli Chicken curry and rice which was presented in containers with plastic cutlery so that I, and several others, were ablle to enjoy while watching the game. It was amongst the finest curries I've ever had but there were kebabs,samosa's (Len's dog was first to sample - no ill effects ?) chicken rolls.....................depends what you count as food I suppose.....................

but if Hayes get deducted points, it will take away their advantage

Yes and justice will have been done, Bethnal Green United were robbed blind last Saturday at Hayes United.

Will find out about this situation with Hayes playing illegal player and let you know.
Rhodes....how do you know that BGU were robbed blind against Hayes Utd.Were you at the game?

Indian Gymkana 1 Marsh Rangers 1

Some excellent photographs from the game:

http://hoppysnaps.blogspot.com/...indian-gymkhana.html

Originally Posted By: TRB

Rhodes....how do you know that BGU were robbed blind against Hayes Utd. Were you at the game?

TRB - No I wasn't at the game but haven't you read GAFFA1's comments in the East London Advertiser, if not here they are again:

Gardner rages at rough justice
18 February 2009

Bethnal Green United boss Justin Gardner launched a stinging attack on referee David Hookway after his side's nine-match winning streak was ended by title rivals Hayes United.

In a potentially fatal blow to the club's Middlesex County League championship ambitions, Bethnal Green fell to a dramatic defeat on Saturday as Hayes opened a six-point gap at the top of the Premier Division.

The East End side hit the woodwork three times in the club's first defeat in five months.

Yet Gardner pointed an accusing finger at referee Hookway, who awarded home side Hayes two penalties and disallowed an apparently legitimate Bethnal Green effort.

"The referee was absolutely shocking. In terms of what the boys gave me, I couldn't have asked for anything more - we were superb," Gardner said.

"We lost because the referee killed us. He was in the middle of the park for all the crucial decisions and you can't referee a match from the centre circle."

Hayes had taken an early lead through league top-scorer Saman Kanani and could have gone further ahead when they were awarded a controversial penalty, but Phil Skelton produced a magnificent save to deny Kanani.

Yet Bethnal Green gradually took control of the contest and Alfred Kamara and Leon Ryan both hit the crossbar before a dramatic finale produced four goals in the final 15 minutes.

With Bethnal Green pushing forward in search of an equaliser, Andre Costa doubled Hayes' lead, but Marlon Campbell produced an immediate response by turning home Boateng's cross.

Bethnal Green should have drawn level when Nathan Mulgrave's free-kick hit the underside of the crossbar, while Danny Sabroche also spurned a glorious chance.

Yet Hayes struck a critical blow when Deon Grant successfully converted a second dubious penalty and despite Campbell converting Boateng's cross to reduce the deficit for a second time, Bethnal Green could find no way back.