Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Middlesex County Premier League

Truth Teller

A groundhopper from another's Forum was at this one yesterday and gives an interesting account, strange though that the result is still showing as 1-0 to Hayes Gate on Football Mitoo:

2:15 kick off - no charge, programme, roped pitch, clubhouse - Att 9, Flanders Playing Field, East Ham.

Middlesex County League Prem

Newham Borough (SCLP) 1 Hayes Gate 1

I have been meaning to get down here for a while, as it is only 30 minutes drive from home and you normally get some decent stuff in the Premier division. The ground was a bit of a disappointment though, with a cricket square and four football pitches, surrounded on all sides by housing and high metal fences. The impressive Flanders community centre was shuttered up and the players therefore have to change in metal containers (oh the glamour, takes me back to Sunday League football in South Herts, where a bus shelter to change in, would have been a luxury).

I was under the illusion that the County Premier League would require the pitch to be at least roped off, but apparently not, and in fact there was an Essex Business Houses League match not 10 foot away on an adjacent pitch (Flanders 0 Brampton Park 2 looked quite bad tempered).

Newham scored a scrappy goal to lead on 34 minutes and despite missing several good chances to seal the game, were undone in the 96th minute when their keeper came for a cross, missed the ball, but flattened a Hayes forward (the keeper was quite a sizeable unit, so it must have really hurt). Penalty scored and honours even. I was glad to get out of the chilly wind and back in the car, a little miffed by mitoo having the score as 0-1, as I'm certain I didn't dream it, surely the dream would have been a bit more lively and at a better location!

An interesting view from Southall's Forum about Park View's expulsion from the League as surely it was no skin off their nose whether they were voted in or out at last Monday's League meeting:

http://southallfootballclub.freeforums.org/park-view-t56.html

Originally Posted By: TRB
Rhodes.....yes, I was at the game this afternoon.When I got there there Gymkhana was 1 up before Hayes hit back just befor half time.Was 1-1 at 90 minutes before going to extra time when Hayes took lead in 2nd half of extratime, before Gymkhana equalised with a couple of minutes before penalties after a poor goal kick from Hayes keeper which ended up in Hayes scoring an own goal. Hayes scored all their penalty kicks and Gymkhana had 2 penalties saved by the Hayes keeper.

We'll just have to see what happens as regards whether BGU will jumpt 2 steps up the pyramid as I really don't know what will happen on that issue.

Good result for Bedfont today especially with Newham Borough losing to Hayes Gate.

Saturday saw bedfont finally finish some chances that they created, having dominated Kodak and Broadfields but not found the net, it was good to see us scoring again.....all be it one flukey free kick.
Can't believe Newham lost, but have conflicting views, as the Ground hopper Rhodes mentioned said it was 1-1.
Southall can still climb the league after the Park View points are all sorted out

TRB - Are you comfotable with having to play Gymkhana another 3 times? Do you think they can make Hayes drop points at all?

Originally Posted By: Tree Hugger
Originally Posted By: TRB
Rhodes.....yes, I was at the game this afternoon.When I got there there Gymkhana was 1 up before Hayes hit back just befor half time.Was 1-1 at 90 minutes before going to extra time when Hayes took lead in 2nd half of extratime, before Gymkhana equalised with a couple of minutes before penalties after a poor goal kick from Hayes keeper which ended up in Hayes scoring an own goal. Hayes scored all their penalty kicks and Gymkhana had 2 penalties saved by the Hayes keeper.

We'll just have to see what happens as regards whether BGU will jumpt 2 steps up the pyramid as I really don't know what will happen on that issue.

Good result for Bedfont today especially with Newham Borough losing to Hayes Gate.

TRB - Are you comfotable with having to play Gymkhana another 3 times? Do you think they can make Hayes drop points at all?

Tree Hugger - Hayes made hard work of this game even though they were not at full strength.Gymkhana did not look anything like the Champions of last season when I saw them beat Bedfont 5-2.Hayes gave away a soft goal e=when they was quiet comfortable with the 2-1 lead.Who knows if they could take the points,but I'm not convinced Gymkhana will cause the top teams much trouble.did not see Trevor Dennison leading the forward line either.

Tree Hugger - Hayes made hard work of this game even though they were not at full strength.Gymkhana did not look anything like the Champions of last season when I saw them beat Bedfont 5-2.Hayes gave away a soft goal e=when they was quiet comfortable with the 2-1 lead.Who knows if they could take the points,but I'm not convinced Gymkhana will cause the top teams much trouble.did not see Trevor Dennison leading the forward line either.

They are never the same side when the big man doesn't play.....last year they had a big man, little man combination but the little guy was on the bench when we played them and Trevor was in midfield.....yeh last year they handed us a footballing lesson at the Rec....I still think them and Southall have the ability to beat the top four

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

1 4 Willesden Constantine v Bedfont Sports

Bedfont Sports version of events from their Website:

http://www.bedfontsportsclub.co.uk/matchdetails.asp?mid=734

F but this Saturday's game has been awarded to Southall as Newham lose the game, and are docked three points!!

What is going on in this league.

that should be good for Bedfont Sports though, should'nt it?

They are never the same side when the big man doesn't play.....last year they had a big man, little man combination but the little guy was on the bench when we played them and Trevor was in midfield.....yeh last year they handed us a footballing lesson at the Rec....I still think them and Southall have the ability to beat the top four

I thought that little guy who played for Gymkhana up front last season was excellent against Bedfont and with Dennison,caused Bedfont no end of problems, especially as it was raining and pitch quiet muddy, you'd have thought the game would've been more suited to Bedfont's more physical approach.

Dennison does make a differnce to that team.He reminds me of A French mate I used to play with who was also about 6'3" and weighed 220 odd pounds and played up front and was very skilful (quick feet) and pacy.Everything a defender hated as they knew they was in for a hard time physically.Me being from the strikers fraternity used to Love watching him holding the defenders off the ball & they could never knock him off the ball or beat him in the air, & basically getting getting from him a lot of what defenders like to dish out physically.Trevor Dennison is a player in that type of mould.

What is going on in this league

It's common knowledge that the Middlesex County League is a money making operation and the football comes second, that's just the nature of the beast.

So the top two are in cup action this weekend....more importantly in the Bedfont Sports/Senior Open Cup.

Has been far more interesting cup this year, as in previous years we had to play a lot of lower league teams, as the top teams all got knocked out early.

So we're lookin at a Bedfont Vs Bethnel, and a Southall Vs Hayes set of semi's.

Should be interesting.

I still can't post a link to the East London Advertiser however here is the match report from Bethnal Green United's win at Indian Gymkhana a couple of weeks ago:

Bethnal Green 'on track' for promotion

04 March 2009

Bethnal Green United moved a step closer to promotion from the Middlesex County League following a dominant victory over reigning champions Indian Gymkhana on Saturday.

The deserved triumph - United's first at the home of long-time rivals Gymkhana - moves the club seven points clear of third-placed Bedfont Sports and firmly on course for a top-two finish and elevation to the Essex Senior League.

The outcome was a welcome boost for Bethnal Green, whose Premier Division title hopes were hit this week when the club's defeat by Hayes United last month was upheld despite allegations the league leaders had fielded an ineligible player.

United boss Justin Gardner accepts that Hayes are now odds-on favourites to be crowned champions but he remains confident that four wins from the final seven league matches will secure the club's main aim of winning promotion.

He said: "Hayes are in the driving seat but we're only six points behind and we'll push them all the way. We're still on track for promotion and the way that we played against Gymkhana, we should go on and achieve that."

Gardner was particularly pleased with a solid display from his back-four on Saturday, with Ainsley Gaspar and Ajibola Olatunbosun forming a dominant central partnership while Shane Baptiste and late call-up James Hoskyn impressed as full-backs.

Alfred Kamara, Marlon Boateng, Danny Sabroche and Marlon Campbell also earned plaudits and each could have broken the deadlock in a one-sided first half, but Gymkhana somehow survived and almost took an improbable lead when top scorer Dennison fired wide.

Kadir Jama finally gave United a deserved lead in the 60th minute when his low shot crept inside the far post.

Subsitute Jahed Khan added a delightful second late on, beating his opposite number and casually flicking the ball over the onrushing goalkeeper with the outside of his boot.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

1 0 Bethnal Green United v Broadfields United

And the report from last Saturday:

Sabroche stunner inspires United
11 March 2009

Bethnal Green United unveiled new signing Michael Begg on Saturday after the striker completed a transfer deadline-day switch to Mile End Stadium in a move manager Justin Gardner hailed as "the biggest in the club's history".

Yet the former Concord Rangers star saw his debut overshadowed by strike partner Danny Sabroche, whose magnificent match-winner illuminated the clash with Broadfields United.

With 20 minutes remaining and United struggling to break down battling Broadfields, a long punt from Phil Skelton was chested down by new boy Begg, allowing Sabroche to fire an audacious 35-yard half-volley straight into the top corner to settle the outcome.

Bethnal Green manager Justin Gardner later hailed Sabroche's screamer as his side's goal of the season and now expects the forward, who left the club for an ill-fated spell at Ware earlier this season, to continue to shine in the coming weeks.

He said: "It was a really special goal and a strike worthy of three points. Danny is a confidence player and that will give him a massive lift. It was such a fantastic goal and you could see the difference in him after he scored."

United had struggled to create chances against hard-working Broadfields, although Begg nearly capped his debut with a goal inside the first 10 minutes, beating two defenders before his curling shot struck the bar.

Kadir Jama also went close after a mesmerising run, but his close-range effort was blocked by the Broadfields goalkeeper.

Defender Shane Baptise produced a fine covering tackle to stop a rare Broadfields break, but United's defence was largely untroubled as they kept a second clean sheet in succession.

Chances at the other end were marginally more frequent, with Alfred Kamara flagged offside when streaking clear, before Sabroche produced his sensational effort to break the deadlock and spark wild celebrations among the sizeable home crowd.

Bethnal Green United meet FC Assyria in the Middlesex Senior Open Cup on Saturday at Mile End Stadium (2.30pm). Admission is free.

Rhodes-thanks for those links. I do rate Danny Sabaroche.Watched him against Bedfont earlier this season and I thought he played really well and he scored the winner also.

Tomorrow's fixtures, do we know why Southall have been awarded their game with Newham Borough:

Premier Division

Broadfields United v Kodak (Harrow)

Hayes Gate v FC Deportivo Galicia

Marsh Rangers v Bedfont Sports

P Southall v Newham Borough (SECP) (Home Win Awarded)

MCFL Senior Open Cup Quarter Finals

Bethnal Green United v FC Assyria

Indian Gymkhana v Hayes United

So the top two are in cup action this weekend....more importantly in the Bedfont Sports/Senior Open Cup.

Has been far more interesting cup this year, as in previous years we had to play a lot of lower league teams, as the top teams all got knocked out early.

So we're lookin at a Bedfont Vs Bethnel, and a Southall Vs Hayes set of semi's.

Should be interesting.

Will be interesting if both those semi finals ring true tomorrow.If top 2 win their quarter finals along with Bedfont,I really feel Bedfont's defence of this cup will be seriously under threat.

It wouldn't surprise me if Bethnal Green United threw their tie with FC Assyria tomorrow in order to concentrate on getting promotion, if they do get through then, as you say, they would face an interesting semi final with Bedfont and then a potentially classic final with Hayes United but so what as it's points on the board that count at the end of the day.

Today's results:

Premier Division

3 5 Broadfields United v Kodak (Harrow)

3 0 Hayes Gate v FC Deportivo Galicia

0 4 Marsh Rangers v Bedfont Sports

H Southall v Newham Borough (SECP) [Home Win Awarded]

MCFL Senior Open Cup Quarter Finals

3 1 Bethnal Green United v FC Assyria

2 0 Indian Gymkhana v Hayes United