Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Middlesex County Premier League

Truth Teller

Hello!, good morning again..I thought what a beautiful day on saturday that i attended the bedfont sports match, a beautiful day turn sour, the pitch was fine until the first 5 minutes, the friendly looking club didnt look so friendly, evil stares and glares made me want to turn the other way and head back out, but neveraless i stayed and watched.

I've got to say the players look ready and raring from both sides and game got underway and soon into the game there was a incident from bedfont player claiming a hearing aid causes a 15 stiches on his ear, How embarrasing is that? especially when a hearing aid cannot cause any damage! just like u wearing sunglasses and someone hitting you accidentaly, My view with a nice pint in my hand was the referee did not spot the earing in his ear. Referee could not cope with the game and linemans give him the benefit of the doubt did ok. A neturel fan who now has a dislike for the rude and disgrateful lies and attitude of the bedfont sports football club.

Originally Posted By: TheDefender
Hello!, good morning again..I thought what a beautiful day on saturday that i attended the bedfont sports match, a beautiful day turn sour, the pitch was fine until the first 5 minutes, the friendly looking club didnt look so friendly, evil stares and glares made me want to turn the other way and head back out, but neveraless i stayed and watched.
I've got to say the players look ready and raring from both sides and game got underway and soon into the game there was a incident from bedfont player claiming a hearing aid causes a 15 stiches on his ear, How embarrasing is that? especially when a hearing aid cannot cause any damage! just like u wearing sunglasses and someone hitting you accidentaly, My view with a nice pint in my hand was the referee did not spot the earing in his ear. Referee could not cope with the game and linemans give him the benefit of the doubt did ok. A neturel fan who now has a dislike for the rude and disgrateful lies and attitude of the bedfont sports football club.

Thanks for the kind words.....I presume that you must be a fan of St.Johns? As you have already asked for opinions on the Central Division 1, and then were at the game Saturday. The official diagnosis on Scott's ear from the surgean that repaired his ear late Saturday night, is that it was crushed and torn by something hard......and only two players were wearing hearing aids, and one of them so happend to be challenging Scott on the line.....plus Scott has no piercings of any kind, and the tear to his ear isnt merely the lobe, it starts from the middle of his ear going right down to where the ear meets the side of the face.....so pretty much half of the ear....so bang goes your theory.....so draw your own conclusions....he will be ioff work for a week, and no football for three weeks......and I doubt he's embarassed by it, probably more pissed off than anything.
I don't blame you for not liking Bedfont....I play there and I dont like the locals....lol.....but then we are called the runway pikeys.
You say that our attitude was poor, do you mean the players or spectators? As if it the players, you must have got he shirt colours mixed up.....three reds, and it could have been more, but the referee reframed as then the game would have been called off due to insufficient players on the visiting side. Plus the referee declined against playing injury time, as his own words were "I cant put up with much more of this" to one of the Bedfont players. I have played football for many years, and played against many players that I would desribe as either "brutes", or just purely being hard men....but some (not all) of the St.Johns players, were simply malitious, violent, unsporting, and/or dangerous.
Plus I thought Bedfont were very hospitable, as the St.Johns players and supporters stayed in the bar for over an hour having drinks,.....if they were so intimidated or upset with their treatment, then surely they would not have stayed.
Anyhow, onwards and upwards, good luck for the rest of your season, and hopefully you will gain promotion and so will we.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Indian Gymkana 1 Marsh Rangers 1

Some excellent photographs from the game:

http://hoppysnaps.blogspot.com/...indian-gymkhana.html

Rhodes...Yes I read the article, but you're coming on here saying they was robbed blind when you're basing this on the Gaffa's view and not your own.I was at the game,and gave an opinion of what I saw.

Hopefully will find out a bit more about the Hayes United Scenario tonight as I can't believe they could have made such an oversite.

Plus...never had any problems down at Bedfont sports and I've visited the ground a few times over the past 3 seasons.

6-0 Bedfont Sports v St Johns Arsenal Deaf

Well here's the match report from Bedfont Sports Website, Bedfont are blaming St John's for strong arm tactics:

http://www.bedfontsportsclub.co.uk/matchdetails.asp?mid=741

According to Hayes United, there is nothing to worry about as regards Mr Hussein as his fine was paid and they can supply the letter that they have paid the fine before the date of the BGU game which they are 100% confident of supplying the proof on this...So watch this space.

I'd rather this League be settled on the pitch and not off it, and Hayes United beat BGU 3-2.

Originally Posted By: TRB

that they have paid the fine before the date of the BGU game

Hayes United may have paid the fine prior to the Bethnal Green game however Hussein was suspended for the said game and therefore should not have played.

Hayes United say he was not suspended for the BGU game.It's the League who are not up to date.They are quiet confident that BGU will not be getting the points.As you say Rhodes this may all be tittle tattle

TRB - It sounds as if, reading between the lines, that you are clutching at straws, it was Eddie Mee from the League's hierarchy who spotted the misdermeanour and if you know your Middlesex County League history then what Eddie says goes and you can take it as gospel.

According to Hayes United, there is nothing to worry about as regards Mr Hussein as his fine was paid and they can supply the letter that they have paid the fine before the date of the BGU game which they are 100% confident of supplying the proof on this...So watch this space.
I'd rather this League be settled on the pitch and not off it, and Hayes United beat BGU 3-2.

Just to add, that according to the football mitoo website, Mr. Hussein is banned from competitive football at any level from December 05th 2008 to May 31st 2009.

Tree Hugger - Thanks for clarifying that, it makes TRB's comment that Hayes United said he was not suspended for the Bethnal Green game all the more interesting, I wonder who at the Club told him that.

So what are your predictions for Bethnals game this weekend Rhodes?

Away to Gymkhana I think.....if I remember rightly someone from Gymkhana was on the BGU website after they beat you early in the season giving the club stick.....oh how their season has turned out to be a massive dissapointment after last years highs!

Hayes UTD should put a few past Deportivo, and I think Willesden will turn things around to beat Newham.

I'll go with a bore draw 0-0 at Hayes Gate Vs Broadfields

Tree Hugger - Thanks for clarifying that, it makes TRB's comment that Hayes United said he was not suspended for the Bethnal Green game all the more interesting, I wonder who at the Club told him that.

We're all hearing different sides.It was the manager who mentioned it to me last night.He seemed quiet confident that Hayes will not be losing the 3 points.so lets all wait & see the outcome of this and get the official decision from the League.

I to was watching the Bedfont game on Saturday being a local.

The St.Johns players were a disgrace,kicking,pushing,late tackles and the ref to his credit did manage to keep a lid on the game.also the Bedfont players must be congratulated for keeping there cool and resisting to meet the ST.Johns team

to the stong and illegal methods

Hence the 6-0 scoreline.

Teams need to learn to lose in a sporting manner.

The manner in which they all confronted the ref after the final whistle shouting and swearing at him was a disgrace

We're all hearing different sides. It was the manager who mentioned it to me last night. He seemed quiet confident that Hayes will not be losing the 3 points. so lets all wait & see the outcome of this and get the official decision from the League.

TRB - Yes we are however it would appear that the League have got Hayes United bang to rights, also I understand that another of their key players, namely Grant, will be suspended for the next month. As you say lets wait and see what happens and how Hayes react to this setback.

Originally Posted By: Tree Hugger

So what are your predictions for Bethnals game this weekend Rhodes?
Away to Gymkhana I think.....if I remember rightly someone from Gymkhana was on the BGU website after they beat you early in the season giving the club stick.....oh how their season has turned out to be a massive dissapointment after last years highs!

I'm confident we can pick up the three points on Saturday at Indian Gymkhana who huffed and puffed but still weren't able to beat Marsh Rangers at home last Saturday in front of a bumper 120 crowd. Their 1-0 win at the Mile End Stadium earlier in the campaign was somewhat of a fluke when Bethnal Green hadn't started firing on all cylinders yet and had a bad day at the office, they also know that three points are crucial with Hayes United in disciplinary trouble with the League at present.

Originally Posted By: side of the pitch
Another win for Bedfont Sports this weekend.
they will finish second this year

That is a bold statement, we need a lot to go our way to achieve that...Starting with helping ourselves out and having a good run of wins.....I too expect a win this weekend, but Kodak aren't a poor side, so we will have to be on our game.

Tomorrow's eagerly awaited fixtures, obviously the game of the day is Indian Gymkhana v Bethnal Green United:

Premier Division

Bedfont Sports v Kodak (Harrow)

FC Deportivo Galicia v Hayes United

Hayes Gate v Broadfields United

Indian Gymkhana v Bethnal Green United

Willesden Constantine v Newham Borough (SECP)

The Alec Smith Premier Division Cup Quarter Final

Southall v Marsh Rangers

Folks - There was an article in the East London Advertiser earlier this month which I have only just come across, enjoy:

Bethnal Green United hoping for Zola magic

West Ham are climbing the Premier League table under Gianfranco Zola - now Bethnal Green United are hoping another Zola will have a similar effect on their Middlesex County League campaign.

The Premier Division title-chasing club, who are bidding to win promotion to the Essex Senior League, have this week signed Jahed Khan, a prolific striker whose goal-scoring exploits for former club Stepney FC earned him the nickname 'Zola'.

Khan, the all-time leading scorer in the Sonali Bangla League, shares the West Ham manager's diminutive stature but according to United boss Justin Gardner, he also possesses some of the traits that made the Italian a hit as a player at Chelsea.

"He's not the biggest, which is probably where the Zola nickname comes from, but he's a flair player and he'll get people up off their seats," said Gardner.

"I've got him because I think he'll score goals at this level. He's a goal-poacher but he can also score wonder-goals, he's good in the air, he's got good feet and wherever he's played, he's always scored goals.

"He holds all the records in the Bangla League, he was top goalscorer in the London Winter League and he's a legend at Stepney.

"He's played there since he was 14 years old and the amount of times he's scored crucial goals for them is incredible."

Gardner is confident that Khan can emulate those goal-scoring feats at Bethnal Green, though he admits the striker is still struggling for fitness following a lengthy injury lay-off.

Gardner said: "He can play an important part in getting us up to the Essex Senior League. The only thing that will stop him from playing is his fitness.

"He had a bad injury and wasn't fit enough to join us earlier this season, but he's back in the gym and hopefully he'll be ready soon."

While the United boss is backing Khan to make a major impact on the field, he also hopes that the addition of one of the Asian community's most influential players will have a positive impact on the club's standing within the borough.

"In terms of us trying to represent the community and get them behind the club, it's a major signing because he's a player who is looked up to within the community and he's one of the best Asian players around," Gardner added.

"My focus is first and foremost on winning football matches and if he wasn't a good player I wouldn't want him. But we also want a team that reflects the community. Tower Hamlets is black, white and Asian - so why not have a team that reflects that?

"I'm hoping that by signing him, we'll get the whole community behind us.