Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Middlesex County Premier League

Truth Teller

Bugger...was gonna go to Hayes game, but had to get car MOT'd, then wanted to watch Man U v Liverpool.

Disappointing result for Hayes today.Can't see BGU throwing semi final now after coming so far.Logic tells me it will be a BGU vs Southall final,but Bedfont are a good cup team (both their saturday and sunday teams) and won't give up their defence that easily.But BGU are deffo favourites in the semi final.

Originally Posted By: TRB
Bugger...was gonna go to Hayes game, but had to get car MOT'd, then wanted to watch Man U v Liverpool.
Disappointing result for Hayes today.Can't see BGU throwing semi final now after coming so far.Logic tells me it will be a BGU vs Southall final,but Bedfont are a good cup team (both their saturday and sunday teams) and won't give up their defence that easily.But BGU are deffo favourites in the semi final.

Not a chance.....Bedfont may have been woefull at home this season, but I cant see us losing. I do know it will be a good game tho.....aslt year the games between us ended 2-2 and 4-4, and this year the games were close....despite winning 5-2, it was only 2-1 when the keeper was dismissed, and at home BGU only beat us 1-0.

Both teams have made new signings since, so the game should be another cracker.

I'm not entirely shocked at the hayes result, as like I said when Gymkhana turn up, they are a good side....but I too think Southall will edge that semi.

Originally Posted By: side of the pitch
I hear Bedfont Sports midfielder recieved a bad injury playing for there sunday side.That will cost there saturday side dear, could be the differance between them going up this season.
How bad was the injury

Nobody knows yet, but rumour has it he has broken his keen cap, and damaged both his cruciate ligaments and other ligaments at the back of his knee. If this is the case, then he will be out for a very, very long time.....Clarkey will be sorely missed as despite his size, he is a very tenacious player who has the ability to carry the team if they are playing bad.

Fingers crossed that it isn't as bad as rumour suggests.

Tree Hugger....Semi Final will be good game, and you are a good Cup team, but BGU are very strong at the moment,and Bedfont will have to be on top of their game for this one.I see BGU have made some very good signings like Amos Foweya.Don't know what he's doing playing so far down the ladder, but great signing for Bethnal and the Khan Geezer ain't bad either.Justin "the Gaffa" really putting good squad together at BGU.

Tree Hugger....Semi Final will be good game, and you are a good Cup team, but BGU are very strong at the moment,and Bedfont will have to be on top of their game for this one.I see BGU have made some very good signings like Amos Foweya.Don't know what he's doing playing so far down the ladder, but great signing for Bethnal and the Khan Geezer ain't bad either.Justin "the Gaffa" really putting good squad together at BGU.

Don't forget we signed an ex-Wycombe striker to our ranks.

You're right tho, it will be a cracker of a game...just hope I'm fit to play and Barrett and Bridgeman are back to fitness

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

0 4 Marsh Rangers v Bedfont Sports

A comfortable win for Bedfont Sports on Saturday:

http://www.bedfontsportsclub.co.uk/matchdetails.asp?mid=754

0 4 Marsh Rangers v Bedfont Sports

Here's Marsh Rangers very unbiased version of events from last Saturday:

http://www.marshrangersfc.co.uk/match_report.pl

From this weeks East London Advertiser:

United keep treble dreams alive

19 March 2009

Bethnal Green United remain on course for an historic treble after advancing to a second semi-final of the season at Mile End Stadium on Saturday.

The Middlesex County League club recovered from an early deficit to sweep aside quarter-final opponents FC Assyria and march into the last four of the Senior Open Cup.

Goals from Marlon Campbell, Michael Begg and man of the match Marlon Boateng inspired a triumph that keeps alive United's hopes of capturing three major trophies this season, with the club due to meet Southall in the semi-finals of the Alec Smith Cup this weekend.

United also remain in contention for the Premier Division title and currently lie just three points behind league leaders Hayes United, raising the prospects of success on three fronts and a record-breaking end to the campaign.

"It would be absolutely amazing to do the treble and it's very much still on," said United boss Justin Gardner.

"We're the form team at the moment and Hayes know that. If we can keep up the pressure, the treble's certainly not out of the question. But our ultimate goal is winning promotion - I'd happily sacrifice everything else to achieve that."

Bethnal Green's comfortable victory over Division One opponents FC Assyria suggests Gardner will not be forced to sacrifice cup success for a promotion challenge as a much-changed line-up continued the club's good form.

United had fallen behind to Dani Samoo's brilliant free-kick inside the opening 15 minutes, but the home side were quick to respond, with Jahed Khan hitting the crossbar and Begg seeing a goal disallowed before substitute Campbell struck with his first touch to level after half an hour.

Bethnal Green were ahead within 10 minutes of the break as Boateng's shot from the edge of the area struck both posts before crossing the line, while Begg sealed the outcome with his first goal for the club following a long throw-in from Wesley Erskine.

Bethnal Green United visit Southall in the Alec Smith Cup on Saturday (2pm).

Saturday's fixtures:

Premier Division

Broadfields United v Indian Gymkhana

FC Deportivo Galicia v Bedfont Sports

Hayes Gate v Hayes United

Kodak (Harrow) v Willesden Constantine

A Newham Borough (SECP) v Marsh Rangers

[Away win awarded]

The Alec Smith Premier Division Cup Semi Final

Southall v Bethnal Green United

Shocker for ya Guys....

Hayes Gate 1 v 0 Hayes United

Hayes United had a couple of chances saved by the keeper and really should have won this game, saying that, Hayes Gate had 2 Golden chances, one missed one brilliantly saved by the keeper, before scoring in injury time.United palayer also sent off in injury time.This is a good result for BGU.

BTW...Who are the 4 Hayes United players that Justin "the Gaffa" has picked for the Middlesex Inter League side trials? Obviously Kanani has got to be one of the players, the other 3 are probably Grant, Saydee & Hashi.

Rumour has it that Justin's not had any contact from Hayes United regarding this.If this was the case, is Justin suprised after the "supposed illegal player" episode?

Today's results, what a day for Bethnal Green United:

Premier Division

3 1 Broadfields United v Indian Gymkhana

0 4 FC Deportivo Galicia v Bedfont Sports

1 0 Hayes Gate v Hayes United

2 2 Kodak (Harrow) v Willesden Constantine

A Newham Borough (SECP) v Marsh Rangers (away win awarded)

1 3 Southall v Bethnal Green United

Premier Division

TRB....what happened? Was you at full strength....we were just saying how good you were today in the changing rooms, and then I found out the result.

It makes that whole debate about the Deportivo Vs Bethnal game all the more important for Hayes United, as if the rule book is followed, Bethnel would suffer badly (a potential 6 pointer)....but my contacts have told me that the board are considering just playing a rematch at the end of the season "if the result matters"........so its who you know and not what you know (I'm sure Special 1 will have something to say about that).

Rhodes, do you have any further "inside" news on the case.....all I know is Bethnal played an illegible player, and then held their hands up to admit they were wrong, and so the normal rules should apply? Right?

Rumour has it that Justin's not had any contact from Hayes United regarding this.If this was the case, is Justin suprised after the "supposed illegal player" episode?

TRB - Why would GAFFA1 need any contact from Hayes United, he has picked the players for the Inter League side and they are obliged to turn out otherwise the Club will be answerable to the League.

TRB - Why would GAFFA1 need any contact from Hayes United, he has picked the players for the Inter League side and they are obliged to turn out otherwise the Club will be answerable to the League.

Rhodes....saw this note

NOTICE
Trials for the Inter League team are being held on the 01/04/08 at Marsh Rangers - the team manager has contacted various clubs and told your managers who he wants to see. Hayes United have had four players picked so we are curious if they have even been told and if they will even turn up!

Originally Posted By: Tree Hugger

Premier Division

TRB....what happened? Was you at full strength....we were just saying how good you were today in the changing rooms, and then I found out the result.

Tree hugger...Hayes United was not at full strength, but should still have enough about them to put away Hayes Gate.
Kanani was on the bench,Grant still serving suspension,No Costa for last 2 games, no Privett or 1st choice keeper either.
Made a mistake, as Hayes gate had 3 4 golden chances and not 3, but they took 1 and that is all that matters.
There may also be an enquiry into whether Hayes gate have played an illegal player as Danny Hawkesworth played for Marsh Rangers.Don't know the ins & outs,so we shall wait and see,but I can vouch that he was definetly playing for Hayes Gate on saturday wearing the no.7 shirt,and he also played for Marsh Rangers as recently as 14th March against Bedfont.