Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Forest Green

Hannah

Great game, just got back, we looked a lot stonger in depth than last year and Sacha and Darius were brilliant and snuffed out the fg strikers, brill save by Lance, it came at his left side just below chest height, and he parried it round the post with both hands

Great Result, we actually took our chances today, last season we would have been beaten out of sight, FGR had their chances today, Lance made a couple of quality saves today.

Dont think George Purcell was happy though, when he walked past us after being subbed he had a face like thunder and didnt even respond to a friendly well done.

If we can convert that ratio of chances for most of the season we will be right there.

Roll on the racecourse ground.

A good game but I think we were fairly lucky to come out with such a result! I think we had less chances than Forest Green but we managed to make something out of ours for once whereas Forest were unlucky not to score a few more, they had some very good chances in the first half and penalty in the second half. I swear I've seen Lance save more penalties than he lets in! He redeemed himself there because I think he had a rare off game, ending up out of goal at crucial times and his goal kicks were off.

We had a few patches of poor play but we've managed to come out with an excellent result which is the main thing. When we were good we were very good. My man of the match would have to be Charles who saved our bacon a few times! We have a very solid defence and it is showing in our results.

A bit on harsh on Lance I would say Hannah.

He made one top draw stop in the first half and at least three in the second a well as the penalty save. He did have some wayward kicks though.

FGR are a good, good side and on another day, could have battered us, especially in the second half.

Our defence and defensive midfield however, were outstanding. and we took our chances.

My MoM was Lance, Macca, Sacha, Daruis, Ricketts, Barrett and Jamie Hand who could be the player of the year if he as consistent as I hope he will prove to be.

Pics of the day can be found here:

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=49778&l=3f314&id=647255667

I see that they have already been found and tagged. grin