Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Chatham Town FT

Duke of York

Player of the match for me was Fiona the club physio who worked hardest of the lot out there. Paul Campbell in goal after Willis broke his hand played well but was let down bad by a lack of defence leaving him in one on ones where Chatham slotted home.

I'm sorry but I see little point in Stewart sticking around! I have no wish to word it in the way others did from the terrace at the Leyton game but enough is enough. Bye Stewart and thank you.

Hi all

I'm going to start the ball rolling. When you have gained only four points from twenty-one something has to be done. Chatham were below us and with GWR also winning and we are teetering on the brink. It is obvious that Margolis has not got the accumen to take on a senior club. The board need to go into immediate discussions to deal with the problem. As I have said before there is something wrong within the club. We are staring ESL in the face and that is just not good enough. We let a manager go that took us from the start to the playoffs in both the SL and Ryman 1N and because he had one bad season that was it.

We have also let some good players go with no thought about the service they have given the club in the past. For all the brash talk about getting to the playoffs this season, we must be the laughing stock of local football. Waltham Abbey are up in the play off area, so are Concord Rangers with Cheshunt just outside. Why, did Paul Campbell have to go in goal, I presume that we had no substitute keeper, not a smart move.

ETFC board, the baton is passed to you. Dismiss Margolis and bring in a manager that we can all trust and can get the job done. We need someone with the character of Tommy Lawrence who took the old club through some of its finest moments.

brille008 chat behead

Let's be honest. Shouldn't the pre season period be the time when management find out what their best starting side will be? We are still getting players in, letting players go and changing the formations every game.

Let's not blame suspensions or injuries. Do we have a game plan as to what we should be doing? How can we go into a game with no substitute keeper? Easy to say in hindsight, but... Paul C - not your fault.

Why was Jeff Hammond substituted and replaced with a similar type of player? He was certainly not the player to go when we were trying to get back into the game!

It didn't look as though players knew where to play and what to do. There were times when two players went for the same ball or none at all.

Something has to change or crowds will fall even more than today's figure of just over 200. Not, I would have thought, a figure to balance the books.

And what is with the lack of discipline?

No doubt some people will come on here and say we should be getting behind the management and the team, but there comes a point when we all have to be honest and say that performances are not good enough.

My rant over.

Most of us behind the goal could not understand why Hammond went off when Marshall hadn;t been int he game.

For me Stuart was never the man for the job. I don't know him but he didn't exaclty do well at Brimsdown and the same at Ilford. He could make a good manager but he needs to be at a lower level. I hear that Andy Leese would be interested and wouldn't cost all the money that has been banded about. he has had success at our level, lives locally and has the respect of players at our level.

Originally Posted By: Duke of York
Taxi for Mr Margolis! Bring in Jim Chandler as caretaker manager!
For F###s sakes. you lot never cease to amaze me , Do you think the man would put himself through all that again with what you lot put him through last season ? I Think Not (If he Does he's off his trolley). Just for the record I predicted the right score which is on another thread .And I feel so lucky I went out and put a fivers worth of lucky dips on the lotto on the srength of it.

Steph said 5-1 to you lot Nice one steph evil2

CHESHUNT 1-0 TIBURY

I can see how you beat these guys ,They arent all that. Looks like you wont be finishing above the Ambers or the Abbey .

Thanks to keith smith for giving me a mention in the gazette Re footballing lesson . you might of mentioned me by name mate,I would have been well chuffed then.

Originally Posted By: Duke of York
Taxi for Mr Margolis! Bring in Jim Chandler as caretaker manager!

Your having a laugh, I think Jim stood up for what he believed and some of the fans crucified him for it, If I was Jim I'd tell you ill (footy) educated ones to sling your hooks, not come back and be gaffer again.

And Andy, yes If I was at the game today I would be still backing SM and the team even after goal number 3 went in.

However your in your right to express your views on the forum and for us all to debate the pro's and con's of the day, but when at the game we all need to back the boys. Do you all think they'd do better by being slagged off?

As for Tuesday's game, well, lose that and I think it'll be curtains, win it and we move on to the next game.

But goodness me, another 3 goals let in, this is unprecedented defending by an ETFC team. that includes from our U8's upwards.

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
.....Do you all think they'd do better by being slagged off?

Something you might want to ask the Town captain, after the couple of unwarranted tirades of abuse hurled at our youngest star, who when in his natural position had a decent game.

Originally Posted By: waggamick
....Gazza, What's SSI?

Not a clue Mick.

The Hat started explaining in the car, continued over breakfast in the cafe, was still going by the time we reached the course, then even between holes was still rambling!

Put me right off my game! evil

He then applied his new found "greek" scoring system at the 19th hole & hey presto he was second!

This was after sabotaging my grips by putting them in the sauna whilst in Wales last week.

The R&A have been informed & he is under investigation!!

To be fair, the 3rd goal was because we had everyone forward looking for an equaliser, including Stevenson (who I thought was excellent) up front. We played well, and were much the better team in the first half, but we need to be more clinical up front and put sides away when we're in the ascendancy. Second half was a bit more even, but we still had enough possession to get something out of the game, and had a couple of decent chances too.