Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hillingdon Borough v ENFIELD TOWN

waggamick

Things don't get any easier, do they?

While Hillingdon Borough are languishing with Town at the foot of the Table they have put up some reasonable performances in what has been a tough draw for them to start the season.

One goal losses to the undefeated Brentwood Town (Away) and the second placed Waltham Abbey(Home) at their last two starts as well as a goal against 4th placed Wingate and Finchley suggests that they are better than they appear on paper.

A loss to Maldon Town (Away) three starts back looks ordinary.

What do you say about Town...two Home losses and having to travel to Hillingdon Borough does not augur well.

I'll go the DRAW 2-2.

A win tonight would be a great relief defeat would drop us to new depths of despair, there is not a shadow of doubt about that.

Team selection should be based on the grounds of senior players being selected above youth, and that includes Marshall, he'll be very useful coming on in the 55th-65th minute when the oppo's defence have thought we have thrown everything at them.

Goalie situation is a worry, however, a good defence should protect any keeper. Have we forgotten the greatest Enfield keeper of all time, John Jacobs, 5ft6' and played in the most successful and biggest matches in the EFC history White Hart Lane to Wembley, Southbury Road-Ilkeston Town. But his defence were class.

I was gonna mention Andy Pape too, but he played for Barnet too, turncoat, he was the original Schmeical who ended up at City, cor i'm gonna pewk, John Jacobs, the original JJ, happy days indeed.

I remember beating Northwich Vic in the Tropht Semi's I think Nick Holmes scored the only goal of both legs at Southbury Road to send us to Wembley, JJ pissed it up classically all night in the old club, but then we had another game v's Barnet the next day (a Sunday) we lost 1-4 and that result kept Barnet from relegation from the old Conference, happy days indeed, but hey it's memories like that we need to re-create and it includes

1/ a thriving youth system

2/our own footy only stadium centrally based

3/ like it or not a united Enfield (and thats with 1893 not Rangers)

And glory days will return, the f...ing council have a lot to answer for.

Final result 4-1 to the town.

Didn't I say we would win by 3 clear goals.

Goal of the season. (so far)

Free kick on the left in our own half taken by Stevenson deep into the Hillingdon half where he finds Mitch Hahn on the right.

Mitch collects and sprints past the full back to blast the ball - on the run into the net from the edge of the penalty box.