Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pick The Team v. Histon

Lord Horn

'The battle for "Pick The Team" (PTT) rages on. There won't be a winner; if we end up picking the team, perhaps our Coach will leave. Certainly many members will be riled. If we never pick it, the people who bought in purely for that reason will feel like they didn't get what they thought they were buying. Perhaps we were all naive (including Will Brooks, who despite a range of accusations on here, set out to create a new way of running a football club). This Monday, we have a televised game against Histon. It's an opportunity for huge publicity, but also, if the will is there, an opportunity to pick the team.

Now, I've been an option 1 person for a while now, having switched from option 3 (I can't see the point in option 2). For the Histon game, right or wrong, I'll be doing option 3.

My suggestion is this: If you'd like to see whether we can really pick the team, stay away from option 2 for this game. If you vote for option 1, that's fine too. But let's have a straight shoot-out between the two. Even if before, you've shyed away from choosing the players, get to it this time. Similarly, if you want to make it known that Liam's choice is your choice, then place your vote. Throw out your apathy, forget the feeling that one vote won't change anything and cast aside any ideas of conspiracy theories. Make your vote as soon as the selector goes live. Web Team: grasp the opportunity to show that you're a Web Team and not some terrible force of evil and get the selector live as soon as possible.

Even if it's for one game, the publicity on Setanta and everywhere else for the first league game where members picked the team would be massive.'

Greg, my problem with PTT is that I will never have enough information to hand immediately to pick the team as well as the manager can. Detailed information about the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition, day to day info on any training knocks or injuries or any other personal issues that might sway his selection. I'm just not qualified to do it. I would not presume to do this for my beloved Canaries who I have watched for the last 44 years and have a good knowledge of most of the teams they face in the Championship let alone for a side I see half a dozen times live a season and their opposition in the BSP. I didn't sign up to MyFC for PTT but I realise others did.