Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Histon

PatMan

The first game I have seen this season(thanks to Setanta), Ebbsfleet looked to be sadly lacking ideas of how to break down a defence. Hoofing balls into the centre of a six foot plus defence, is definitely not the way to go.

I never criticise Refs, but nine(or was it ten)yellow cards in a game without a bad tackle was a joke.

Congratulations to the FA on finding a way to bump up their revenue, with so many cards for dissent! Maybe they should look at the Refs that the dissent is against, and think it is because the Ref is not up to the job!

Thought we looked OK the first half and were unlucky to go in a goal down. It was a spectacular overhead kick that on this occasion worked.

What surprised me was how bad we were after the break, Histon went about their spoiling tactics with great organisation something we seem to lack to often when things are not going our way. Long balls pumped in and pumped straight back out again was again our preffered line of attack so I assume this is Liam's wish.

Thought Darius Charles distribution at left back was far better than Sacha's usual efforts. We do look like something is missing in the jigsaw.

We never, ever learn. Gash won bits and pieces in the air, but was against 2 giant defenders, and was fouled all night.

We have arguably the best midfield in the league, yet all night they watched huge punts from Lance sail over their heads to the centre halves or keeper.

Finally in the 80th minute, Lance threw the ball out. Too little, too late.

Again.

If he is not acting under instructions, then perhaps Liam should ORDER the full backs to drop wide and short, offering the opportunity of a throw.

Best comment of the night, "the ref is spoiling a dreadfull game"!!!

The criticism of Gash from behind the goal was very unjustified in my opinion. He won a lot of the headers that came his way, something that is very impressive for someone who isn't even a target man.

I don't think anyone had a particularly poor game last night, just the team on a whole.

I'm not going to comment on the ref, as I have yet to actually calm down. One quick word about Darius' sending off though: he actually broke through three of four tackles about a second before that, why, when he was quite close to goal, would he choose to dive, when he could have earlier? Never a dive imho.

Originally Posted By: EUFC superb
The criticism of Gash from behind the goal was very unjustified in my opinion. He won a lot of the headers that came his way, something that is very impressive for someone who isn't even a target man.
I don't think anyone had a particularly poor game last night, just the team on a whole.
I'm not going to comment on the ref, as I have yet to actually calm down. One quick word about Darius' sending off though: he actually broke through three of four tackles about a second before that, why, when he was quite close to goal, would he choose to dive, when he could have earlier? Never a dive imho.

Yeah I was behind the goal and I really couldn't criticise Gashy that much. So I did not join in with those chants.

As for the ref I am also the same in that I have not really calmed down about it either.

Originally Posted By: EUFC superb

Because he had knocked the ball too far forward and was faced by two defenders. As I said before, it clearly showed on the replay.............He dived!

It is interesting that even after a number of people have now seen the incident on various forms of replay there is still disagreement as to what happend and if the booking was justified. Our "man in the middle" only had a second or two to make his mind, it is not easy.

What does interest me about the man is if he is an aspiring ref has he not sat down and analysied why he is making so many bookings compared to his fellow refs, one game maybe but so many so often something must be wrong somewhere. Maybe it is the others!!.

Have to say that it happened right in front of me and it was definitely a dive. Can't blame him too much, but it was a bit silly when on a yellow. Apart from that he deserved motm.

Agree with what a lot of people have said - too much pumping the ball up the middle - and we lost SO MUCH in the air! That's where we were really bad.