Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kwesi Appiah-off to Posh?

Our Team

That is very dissappointing news that a football league club needs to stoop so low. No doubt appiah is not totally innocent in this matter, as he must have either been approached by Peterborough, or made initial contact himself.

It all seems rather vindictive and mean by Posh, coming on the back of their unsuccessful attempts to pry Akinde from us for a pittance.

I'm sure the Fleet management will be able to provide the FA with good evidence of an illegal signing, and punish Peterborough, and compensate us appropriately.

Knowing the FA, they will do FA.

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
Perhaps we should complain to somebody who cares?

Failing that perhaps we should complain to the FA?

Do you notice though that when we didn't sell Akinde to Peterborough Fry was making all sorts of noises slagging Daish off as if he had first refusal on any Non-League striker yet when he poaches one of our youth team players which is morally wrong Daish doesn't say a word.

You hear that Fry? Class.

Who says he was poached?

Err how about the fact that they poached him?

Sue the [****!!****] lot of them!

Sort of agree that he was a little too arrogant, but having progressed through our youth system, at some cost, we ought to receive a substantial compensation package.

What is the point of having a PASE/youth set up to bring on talented youngsters, only to have them poached by league clubs for nothing when it seems they might develop into league players?

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
Sort of agree that he was a little too arrogant, but having progressed through our youth system, at some cost, we ought to receive a substantial compensation package.
What is the point of having a PASE/youth set up to bring on talented youngsters, only to have them poached by league clubs for nothing when it seems they might develop into league players?

Originally Posted By: David Holden
Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz

No it doesn't that's what the 7 day rule is about.

They give 7 days notice and we have that time to persuade the player to sign a contract. Only on this occasion they jumped the gum and didn't wait the full week.

Compensation is only involved when a player is on/or has been on a contract.

Perhaps we should complain to somebody who cares?

Failing that perhaps we should complain to the FA?

Do you notice though that when we didn't sell Akinde to Peterborough Fry was making all sorts of noises slagging Daish off as if he had first refusal on any Non-League striker yet when he poaches one of our youth team players which is morally wrong Daish doesn't say a word.

You hear that Fry? Class.

Who says he was poached?

Err how about the fact that they poached him?

Sue the [****!!****] lot of them!

If he wasn't under contract, I don't see how he was poached. How do you know he didn't approach Peterborough? The Club let another one slip through the net, seem to remember this happening before!

AFF, you're usually quite quick to think ill of the powers that be at your own club that it surprises me to see you giving Peterborough the benefit of the doubt - though Digitalis has now deleted his posting, it was pretty clear that they'd nipped in to turn his head.

Are you suggesting Appiah and his agent knocked on the manager's door after scoring once in the BSP and asking to be signed?

Originally Posted By: Ray ellingham
was/is he under contract ?
Whats the point in bringing players through the youth team and not signing the best ones.From what i saw of him i would have had him in my squad ahead of ibe or purcell.I think he has tremendous potential and weve lost the chance of making money out of selling him.Just for the record i would have voted him man of the match against woking.

Originally Posted By: Stu M
AFF, you're usually quite quick to think ill of the powers that be at your own club that it surprises me to see you giving Peterborough the benefit of the doubt - though Digitalis has now deleted his posting, it was pretty clear that they'd nipped in to turn his head.

Are you suggesting Appiah and his agent knocked on the manager's door after scoring once in the BSP and asking to be signed?

As he wasn't under contract to Ebbsfleet, if his agent was doing his best for his player, he would haqve been touting his resume to any contacts he has. Unless Peterbourough had a scout watching another Fleet player at that match, using your logic, they would never have heard of Appiah!

Unless Peterbourough had a scout watching another Fleet player at that match, using your logic, they would never have heard of Appiah!

Having been on Akinde's trail for so long, I'm sure they know a hell of a lot about promising young players. Plus I wouldn't put it past Barry Fry to have heard of Appiah as "the next Akinde" and invited him up (1) to see if it was true and (2) to pi$s off Liam.