Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fleet Woking Score Update...

Hockney

Bit disapointed with the cloud football once again, and also of the attendance. Woking were well physical I thought.

The blinding goal by Kezie Ibe shook things up a little. I heard someone shout out that the grass was there for playing the ball on. But there you go, a win is a win. Bloody cold though.

excited

It sure enough wasn't the best of games but a win is a win!

About the best way to describe it was that we were pretty awful and they were awful(er)!

It was cold, wet and pretty horrible out there so I suppose we can forgive the team just a bit.

The challenge on Moore was so late that everyone pretty much missed it and there is no doubt that if the Linesman had seen it the number 6 would have walked. I thought the reaction of the players showed that we are pulling together like a team even if we are a little dis-jointed.

As for the food?

First its way too expensive! How are we going to attract people into buying food and drink with prices like that! I know there are profit margins but surely someone should realise that if you were to offer decent quality food (burgers, hot dogs and chips obviously being the best sellers for the kids), at a competitive price, people will buy it!

On a cold, wet night they should have been selling tea, coffees and hot chocolate like mad. The coffee wasn't bad but it would have been nice to get a lid for it as buy the time I made it back to my place, I was shaking so much with the cold I had lost half of it! I had a hot dog which was overpriced and not the hottest ever but was better than the previous caterers offer. However I had to ask the serving chap for onions about half a dozen times!

Digitalis, just a note of warning in that we had outside catering vans before and they were great for a couple of games but the quality started to go downhill, something to watch perhaps? And the one thing I hate about outside catering is the fact that the sauces, sugars etc are always soggy and usually on a table in the open air. Can you suggest that any future caterer at the very least puts that sort of thing under some sort of cover, at least enough to keep the rain off and someone from the catering van keeps the table clean and tidy? Its little things like that, that could make a difference!

Pretty much agree with everyone else about the game, it was a very cold wet night and the game wasnt the best but we got the result. There were some phases of good football though, and Stacy definately looks to be returning to a bit of form.

I didnt see the challenge of Moore, must have been late. But even then, the horrible two footed lunge, over the ball on shakes in the corner should have resulted in a straight red for the woking 6.

I agree with what everyone's been saying about the game, after a poor run of results,a wins a win.

The first round proper for the first time in a couple of years, some more TV time for the boys on either the ITV or sentana highlights show hopefully.

I agree also that Long did play better than of late and I bet Gash was pleased that they didn't equaliser after he tried to walk the ball into the net twice in the final ten minutes. When we played the ball on the deck we were able to get behind the Woking defence whenever we wanted and in the end I was disappointed that it was only 1-0. I don't think we are going to gat away with just playing the long ball gane against Burton with their defensive record, we need to get it down and play the way we were a couple of weeks ago.

About the new food outlets, it seems better than the old one but, it couldn't be worse but, again as someone else has mentioned,

Originally Posted By: The Doctor
the horrible two footed lunge, over the ball on shakes in the corner should have resulted in a straight red for the woking 6.

I thought he went in hard but fair. From where I was, he won the ball. Football is a mans game.

Originally Posted By: Jeff

I thought he went in hard but fair. From where I was, he won the ball. Football is a mans game.

Originally Posted By: Gally221263
To be honest, from my seat behind the goal the tackle on Moore seemed the worse of the two....

Believe me chaps, I was standing in line with it, 10 yards away. Miles went in studs up and left his leg in. Luke saw what was coming and tried to pull out.

If the bloke got the ball, it was covered in skin and blood afterwards.

I agree Stu M that the tackle on Moore, the first of the muggings carried out by Miles, was the worse of the two. As Jeff says, the later tackle on Shakes, I think, was bad but was made to look heavier than it was because of the player reactions afterwards. He did get some of the ball.

Must be a worry for their manager that his captain can't keep his head when everyone of his team mates was justing trying to get equal in an impiortant cup game.

I think they were stepping over the line all over the pitch to be honest

I thought Luke's very deep and bloody side of shin injury came about after the tackle which took both players down, they both tried getting the ball which went away and I assume the ref's eye followed, where upon Miles lashed out across Luke's shins it was then Luke started writhing.

Which may explain why the ref didnt see it although the Lino was nearby.