Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fleet Woking Score Update...

Hockney

Great goal by Ibe - fully 20-25 yarder, screamed into the top corner.

Darius was his usual colossus, with Smith playing solidly alongside him.

Shakes looked up for it when he replaced Moore, who looked like he suffered a bad gash to the shin following a horrible challenge by a Woking thug. Despite clearly being badly injured, the ref allowed play to continue for at least a minute.

Long had arguably his best game this season, looking as lively as a last year.

Gash missed 2 sitter near the end which should have sewn the game up.

Poor crowd of about 860, but in mitigation, it was bloody cold, and wet in the second half too.

I missed the 1st 20 minutes thanks to Southeastern Trains - but thankfully arrived just in time for the goal. In the remaining 70 minutes, I dont think there was 1 single Woking effort on goal (one block by Gash in his own area apart).

We, on the other hand had the double Gash chance, another Gash effort across the face of goal, 2 Ricketts efforts from out wide (the first was luck, I think, but I'm inclined to think the second that hit the bar may have been a deliberate attempt at a repeat)

The Woking number 6 could easily have been sent off twice in the space of 5 minutes - the (very) late challenge on Luke, and then the 2 footed lunge on Shakes. No wonder their manager subbed him.

Not our best performance of the season, but equally not the worst. We did give the ball back to Woking too often, though, and rather invited them back on to us. Thankfully, they were nowhere near good enough to make use of this.

Luke had a laceration to the leg, should be up and about quickly.

Low gate but I think having to charge full price to all, even season ticket and Junior Fleet holders played a part in that, as did the strict limit on complimentary passes so not so many "hangers on" smile

Best game Ibe has played for us, looked good up front with Gashie, playing the ball on the ground a lot more suited him.

I had a chat with Stacey before the match and told him I thought he'd been looking sharper in the last match or two. The groin injury that has been niggling him is clearly nearly gone.

What did people think of the food by the way? Feedback would be appreciated in case we need to change things. I'm asking them to include a hogroast for the Barrow match.

Originally Posted By: Digitalis
What did people think of the food by the way? Feedback would be appreciated in case we need to change things.

Not much

Cheese on cheeseburger was a meager sprinkling of grated cheese and not a cheese slice.

Had to wait for more chips to come out of fryer, but by time I'd walked back to Harry for 50/50 ticket and then to seat in Plough end, Chips were stone cold!

Probably just my luck, but a box with a lid might have helped. Also lid for coffee would have been nice.