Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mike Smee

the_wise_one

Originally Posted By: Badger
Originally Posted By: The Invisible Man
A small faction want local athletes and neighbours of the QE and Brimmobau to be admitted to a long-way-out shape provided it has no fewer than six sides.

I think this could work, provided we rename Donkey Lane as Moebius Strip.

I'm still here as well, and NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP THERE!!!!!!!!!! We must keep the Donkey Lane name it's a classic and a name that will be remembered all over the world.

Who can name me Runcorns ground, or Sudbury's then again try Eastwood's????? But once you've been to Donkey Lane it'll be with you for ever.

Unless a sponsor wants to pay trillions and have it called McDonalds or something.

Er, this is all a little OFF thread isn't it ?

However, let's get real over "the Street Name"

Donkey Lane IS the address -

ie the road / lane / access etc that the Queen Elizabeth Stadium is located.

People live in the houses along Donkey Lane.

Why would anyone want to or be allowed, to make an application to change it ????

Christ, there is so much work to be done at the Stadium, let's concentrate on the important things.

Originally Posted By: OldTowner

Why would anyone want to or be allowed, to make an application to change it ????

Christ, there is so much work to be done at the Stadium, let's concentrate on the important things.

OT-You've probably mis-understood my tone in type.

White Hart Lane is also a Street/Road blah blah blah as was Main Road, The name 'Donkey Lane' (in my view)and its association to a local footy club is priceless although we know the Stadium name will be called the QE. I was'nt implying that the Lane could change its name, that was mentioned in the previous post, albeit in banter type.

Yes, what ideas do we have for the BAR?

Originally Posted By: Enfield United

OT-You've probably mis-understood my tone in type.

White Hart Lane is also a Street/Road blah blah blah as was Main Road, The name 'Donkey Lane' (in my view)and its association to a local footy club is priceless although we know the Stadium name will be called the QE. I was'nt implying that the Lane could change its name, that was mentioned in the previous post, albeit in banter type.

The new stadium should be called the Donkey Dome.

Donkey Lane should be renamed "Town Lane" As far as the bar goes Thats simple just make an arrangement with the Rugby club Like say 50-50 .

We could even make a living out of the Running track ,Remember the Motor Cycle club from Southbury Road days ,Why not rent it out to them say a tenner each for 50 laps ! evil2

Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader
I don't think that that this should really be discussed on here but.................. I am led to believe that Mike is just "Taking a Break" at the moment. Nuff said? happy

SL, that's about as clear as mud, is that "taking a break" as in on holiday or to coin another phrase "on garden leave" or is he "on sick leave".

Just a definative answer would be nice for the supporters.

Also can any player/coach/manager at our club just "take a break"? doah all very bizarre!

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader
I don't think that that this should really be discussed on here but.................. I am led to believe that Mike is just "Taking a Break" at the moment. Nuff said? happy

SL, that's about as clear as mud, is that "taking a break" as in on holiday or to coin another phrase "on garden leave" or is he "on sick leave".

Just a definative answer would be nice for the supporters.

Also can any player/coach/manager at our club just "take a break"? doah all very bizarre!

It would appear he is "Taking a Break from Football" at this momernt in time, what part of that don't you understand you Numpty? angry

Originally Posted By: Enfield United

EU,
I thought I read on another thread that you were at the meeting.

Then you will know the answer as it was discussed.

OOT-Your absolutely right, I do know the answers, the bar in the 'graded building' is as big as the Rugby clubs plus a cafeteria area. And that will be solely for ETFC's members/supporters/oppo's/dog walkers cats , fish and of course donkeys to use. With all takings being ETFC's.

However, the 'ideas' for the bar I was referring to, was should we name it.

i.e McCluskeys? Town House (happy days), The Final Furlong? Rio's two left feet. We can even name it, ready for this, sit tight 'The Out of Towner' boom boom.