Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Updates | Boreham Wood v MARGATE

Jake

A bit ironic that we win with a team which is the sort of team most of us expected to take the field of play following the summer announcements that we'll concentrate on youth.

Then -we get a few stronger players in/back- LSmith,SCS,Peters,P.Smith,Power-and we then go and win with a very very inexperienced side.

Funny old game.

Its so good to read so many positive posts tonight. As Bluepinapple stated, its as if we had won the league. It was so unexpected, and after going a goal down as well. We really need to defend these early goals though.

One swallow does not make a summer as they say,and frankly, with us still needing another 46 points from 25 games-championship form- with a team of youngsters-and i guess no money to improve things-relegation still looks pretty certain to me (assuming we survive after the 26th which is far from a foregone conclusion anyway i reckon;but for now-as its been very very rare;i'll just enjoy the moment for 24 hours

A terrific win,what an excellent display after Saturday.They battled through against a pretty robust b.wood team and on occasions dished it out themselves which is what we need because the rest of the season is going to be a battle.The last 15 minutes seemed like years,and it was a long journey up there but it was worth every penny.It is nights like this that make supporting Margate wothwhile and I hope it brings back the lost fans.

Let me fill your glass up for you dear boy............lol.....I still believe they will do better over the last half of the season despite what happens re CVA.

Michael what happened to 'teaching patience and to look further than negatives' something you implied in an early post on a different subject? With the climate undergoing change who's to say that the 'swallows and summer' bit will no longer apply.If it gets warmer one swallow might indeed make a very good summer! just a thought.

Originally Posted By: michaelmichael
And in well known football parlance. 'the seagulls follow the trawler'.

Like me-that one never made much sense either !!

Quite simple really

A trawler dredges up fish and rubbish from the sea.

The Seagulls follow to see if there is anything worth taking.

So for Trawler read Press Barons and for Seagulls read reporters.

In other words the Reporters print what the Press Barons decree.

Simple or do you have to be French to understand.

coolsmoke

Just a quick review of my thoughts on yesterdays win at Boreham Wood.

Damn proud of the lads, they battled the whole game and fully deserved the win.

Pat Mullin : An early error which led to the goal, but more than made up for it with a cracking penalty save and solid performance for the rest of the game.

Dan Kerrigan : Looked comfortable as ever until the knock on his knee forced him off.

Roberto Corbishly : Got forward from right back well, without neglecting his defensive duties. Was booked for a rash challenge in the 2nd half. A good performance.

Dan Young : Plays with the experience of someone far senior to himself, really impessive.

Luke Wheatley : Took his goal very well, beating his man from a Wayne Wilson setpiece. Looked assured and comfortable at the back.

James Gregory : Back to his best, picking passes off all game, with a wide passing range himself he's a real thorn in the oppositions side.

Aaron Quain : Has been critised recently and fairly so IMO, but showed what he can do yesterday, found plenty of space out wide and scared the full back to death on many occassions.

Wayne Wilson : Has experienced a dip in form recently, but made real inroads into changing that yesterday. Picked out the simple passes and scored a stunning goal. Not to mention the assist for the first goal.

Kieran Morris : My man of the match, run himself into the ground all game, making goal saving tackles on several ocassions. Again played simple passes rather than anything fancy. Superb.

Kenny Pratt : Often a striker is judged by the goals, or indeed lack or goals. Kenny had to fight hard to get his chances yesterday, had a looping header tipping over the bar first half and forced the keeper into a good stop, nearly capping a great 2nd half move. On another day both would have gone in and Kenny would be the hero.

Mo Takaloo : Playing as a lone striker for much of the 2nd half, struggled to make much of an inpact, still looks hungry for goals and nearly snatched 1 in the later stages.

Used subs

Dan Stubbs : Replaced Kerrigan, pushing Gregs back to left back. Was his usual tenacious self, linked up well with Morris and Wilson to see out the game.

Like I said, dead proud of the lads.

Well worth freezing my @rse off for grin

Bring On Harrow!