Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ground Grading/Improvements

Originally Posted By: WackoJackoUK

On another footnote at the time I'm pretty sure that Ryman 2 was technically the same level (step5) as the CCL Prem. I remember one of our committee pointing out that we we had a better record than a couple of teams who came across from Ryman 2 including Epsom & Camberley on a pts per game basis and in theory they could have gone down to Div 1 but the CCL just welcomed the Ryman teams with open arms instead grrr. Stats were FFC 33pts from 40 games = 0.825 pts per game. Camberley 23pts from 30 games = 0.766 ppg, E&E 21/30 = 0.7 ppg.

This one was argued at the AGM I recall, but we were told by the FA we were going to be playing in the CCL Prem in December the previous year as Rymans Div 3 was folding, and as only 3-4 teams were in the promotion positions, we had more a less six months of nothing to play for. If the PPG was proposed, things may well have been very different.

Whilst we had sympathy with with the demoted clubs such as Frimley Green and Westfield, we were powerless and just caught in the middle.

As a footnote when we were relegated from Rymans Div 1 we asked to be placed in the CCL, but the FA refused.

Back to the topic of discussion - In response to your post Wacko, I think all will agree that mistakes were made by the CCL and clubs received mixed information at the time. I was one of the people close to our chairman questioning his logic in upgrading Avenue Park when like Westfied we had agreed a groundshare which was advised in writing as acceptable. Fortunately the Chairman proceeded with the work and we wrote to the league and asked them to inspect, we were told it wasn't necessary because of our groundshare. When the goalposts moved and we were placed in the pot for relegation so we promptly reminded the CCL of our letter requesting an inspection and I think they came as soon as 2 days later and passed the ground as "grade A". I honestly think that had we gone down we wouldn't have bounced back up like Horley did to their credit.

Don't blame you for having a rant though smile

Morning chaps. I remember the FA told the CCL to accept the Ryman clubs and thats fair enough as they are the powers that be but it was tough (and generally unfair) on some of the member clubs.

I know E&E tried to join the year before but were bizarely blocked.

Also agree with Kroons the standard of grounds and players has gone up. There are some better sides in Div 1 now than there were in the Prem (Hanworth Villa for example)

GP = Your chairman had good forsight to upgrade the ground wink

Worst thing is I missed the year we got relegated due to "another" injury. Maybe I could have "made the difference" lol - I would have liked to have played against some of you boys a bit more reguarly thats all smile

Good luck everyone for the weekend except Nut and his Lammas lot (I'm expecting a busy afternoon)

Originally Posted By: Krooner
I think Staines Lammas may have an agreement in place re a groundshare if they finish in the top 3 but am happy to be corrected.

I thought you had to be playing there this season tho? and not just go and agree a groundshare otherwise everyone could do that a month before the end of the season

Seriously though this is the grey area of the rules which everyone interprets differently - the rules should be set in stone.

TBH I hope they go up as they were champs last year and are a decent enough side plus you lot can get to see Nut's handywork smile

(By the way I could be wrong about the having to play there - but that's what I was told before - is this correct)?

Krooner u can remove tin hat mate smile

Have done so Wacko smile

I think and again I stand to be corrected by know alls like Weebs but the groundshare agreement has to be in place for a year before promotion but it doesnt mean you have to play there.

Originally Posted By: Teflon
Ok type quicker next time so fat fingers cant beat me grin

2 things Teffs.

1 - Your problem with typing is each time you touch something with your hands you drop it striaght away !!!

2 - Speaking to someone last night who reads this forum but doesn't post and he said he trusted very little on here but the one call TEFLON seems to speak sense and is usually proved right. Fecking p1ssed myself smile

Originally Posted By: Krooner
Ok type quicker next time so fat fingers cant beat me grin

2 things Teffs.

1 - Your problem with typing is each time you touch something with your hands you drop it striaght away !!!

2 - Speaking to someone last night who reads this forum but doesn't post and he said he trusted very little on here but the one call TEFLON seems to speak sense and is usually proved right. Fecking p1ssed myself smile

That's got to be post of the year so far !!!!!

Knowledge is everything Kroons smile

Originally Posted By: WackoJackoUK
Read my earlier post Wacko, you don't have to play there but the agreement must be in place at the beginning for the season not the end.

Fair enough - looks like the Lammas might have a chance then

I dont believe their agreement with Staines Town was in place at the beginning for the season.