Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ground Grading/Improvements

New ground share are not allowed to gain promotion, you have to have the groundshare in place the season before you can go up as was the case with Bookham.

Frimley and Farnham were demoted on ground grading issues nothing to do with Bookham's promotion.

I think Knaphill are hoping to get lights in for the start of next season.

Did the CoCo change their stance again and will allow teams without seats to come up and give them a year's grace to put them in?

Originally Posted By: Teflon
I have checked back in league minute and Hanworth Villa DO need to fence of "2 sides" of their ground, dont know which sides.

Hi Tefs

Farnham were relegated because they finished bottom. We came second bottom but as Southall were chucked out should have been safe..... in fact we were told we were by the CCL one minute we were in.

I believe it was BG who "bent the rules" and ground shared (Avenue Park/Yeading) to stay in that season as they were meant to go down instead of us - although to be fair whether those rules that are set in place were set in stone then is a different kettle of fish.

Westfield and of course Horley suffered as well (Horley finished 4th I think....)

As a result of us getting relegated we lost 90% of our side hence whilst we are trying to regroup in Div 1. If we had stayed up we would have kept most of our players (whether they were good enough the next year who knows).

To be honest there are a few teams in Div 1 who aren't going to meet certain criteria; Chobham, Farleigh, Coulsdon, Warlingham etc. You couldn't make Div 1 a 10 team league either. Hey why not have a West and East Division instead (at least we'll get "promoted" this way wink

WJUK

Please accept my humble apologies for getting it wrong Wacko, I know we finished 3rd and were allow to apply for promotion as Warlingham could not go up (finished 1st) and AFC Wallingford transfered to the Hellenic carrott crunching league.

Westfield i'm told were told the same that they were staying in the division ( i think they finished 8th that year) The league seemed to change their minds as they went along as a groundshare with Woking was agreed but thrown out by the CCL management !!

Originally Posted By: Non League Nigel
Westfield i'm told were told the same that they were staying in the division ( i think they finished 8th that year) The league seemed to change their minds as they went along as a groundshare with Woking was agreed but thrown out by the CCL management !!
yep. What must have been more annoying for you is that BG did the same thing (getting a new ground share) and were allowed to stay up.

I'm not so sure about Crescent. Although they have a nice pitch and a decent size changing room, it is a long walk from the changing block to the pitch and they only have a rope, no fixed barrier.

Originally Posted By: WackoJackoUK
I believe it was BG who "bent the rules" and ground shared (Avenue Park/Yeading) to stay in that season as they were meant to go down instead of us

Sorry Whacko but there was no rule bending as you suggest and we quite rightly stayed up with a successful ground grading of Avenue Park where we owned the leasehold and had been playing for a season. Can't blame our club for the failings of your own I'm afraid.

Originally Posted By: WackoJackoUK
Originally Posted By: Teflon
I have checked back in league minute and Hanworth Villa DO need to fence of "2 sides" of their ground, dont know which sides.

Hi Tefs

Farnham were relegated because they finished bottom. We came second bottom but as Southall were chucked out should have been safe..... in fact we were told we were by the CCL one minute we were in.

I believe it was BG who "bent the rules" and ground shared (Avenue Park/Yeading) to stay in that season as they were meant to go down instead of us - although to be fair whether those rules that are set in place were set in stone then is a different kettle of fish.

Westfield and of course Horley suffered as well (Horley finished 4th I think....)

As a result of us getting relegated we lost 90% of our side hence whilst we are trying to regroup in Div 1. If we had stayed up we would have kept most of our players (whether they were good enough the next year who knows).

To be honest there are a few teams in Div 1 who aren't going to meet certain criteria; Chobham, Farleigh, Coulsdon, Warlingham etc. You couldn't make Div 1 a 10 team league either. Hey why not have a West and East Division instead (at least we'll get "promoted" this way wink

WJUK

Yes we did suffer and get demoted,terrible decision considering all was done before season started.
So did Merstham suffer due to the stand not being in place in time.

Wacko..

Where did we (BG) finish in the league when you got relegated..PS think u got it wrong re-our ground share arrangement..good luck 2morrow.

Jurg.

You are correct , yes Hanworth would have to fence the ground off, as people can just walk in and see the game,

But i am sure that they will do that before the end of the season .

Originally Posted By: Weeble
Wacko..
Where did we (BG) finish in the league when you got relegated..PS think u got it wrong re-our ground share arrangement..good luck 2morrow.

Yep GP/Weebs you did finish above us and apologies you were right in that you were playing at Avenue Park already. As far as I was told though (if memory serves me right) Ave Park needed working doing to it and I'm sure it wouldnt have been ready by the deadline of June 1st (think that was the date) - I also recall the inspection wasn't done till after that date either (not just for your ground but others too).

All in all the CCL cocked it right up that season by not sticking to deadlines and telling clubs different things each time. In my opinion the next season should have had 24 teams in the league and 4 relegated at the end of it - matters should have been sorted on the field.

On another footnote at the time I'm pretty sure that Ryman 2 was technically the same level (step5) as the CCL Prem. I remember one of our committee pointing out that we we had a better record than a couple of teams who came across from Ryman 2 including Epsom & Camberley on a pts per game basis and in theory they could have gone down to Div 1 but the CCL just welcomed the Ryman teams with open arms instead grrr. Stats were FFC 33pts from 40 games = 0.825 pts per game. Camberley 23pts from 30 games = 0.766 ppg, E&E 21/30 = 0.7 ppg.

Anyway it's all water under the bridge now and I think all of us would agree that the rules etc should be in place before the season starts so everyone knows WTF is going on. Let's hope it doesnt happen again smile (and we get back to the Prem b4 I retire lol)

I think Staines Lammas may have an agreement in place re a groundshare if they finish in the top 3 but am happy to be corrected.

Also Wacko I think you will find the CCL were forced to take the Ryman 2 clubs. And actually I think you will find the standard of the league both on and off the pitch has gone up since those clubs came in.

{Sits back and puts tin hat on} smile

Wacko I agree,,lets hope the league get it right this season....Lets hope they get it right regarding all matters this season also....

CT with u and me now...at last you are seeing things our way and are getting it right about our club.

I have nothing against CTFC or the players, in fact I used to drink with a couple, it's something else I don't like and before youcome back swearing and ranting I have done a lot of homework as I always do.....