Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ground Grading/Improvements

CWUFC WEBSITE - MONDAY 11.30am

Following last week's ground inspection by the Combined Counties League, the club have been advised regarding the necessary ground improvements that need to be undertaken in order to maintain future membership of the CCL.

These works should be undertaken by 1st August 2009 and if not completed by March 2010, then the CCL would recommend to the Football Association that membership of the CCL would be denied for the 2010/11 season.

The Wood are not the only CCL club that will need to make significant ground improvements but it is good to see that there is a "realistic" timescale to make the changes. However, more hard work lies ahead for the club, notwithstanding the financial repurcussions but the club are confident of meeting all the requirements and to continue to progress via the CCL in the future.

TUESDAY - Reserves AWAY v Croydon Athletic

THURSDAY - Under 18's HOME v Epsom & Ewell

Originally Posted By: Jurg78
Are you able to share what improvements you have been requested to make CC?

I would rather not on here.
Most issues are easy enough however!

Also are they for the whole of the CCL or just the Premier. Only reason i ask was that I was discussing this sort of thing on Sat and personally think it's ridiculous for the CCL (as a whole) to be classed as a senior league when they have teams within their constitution that don't even have lights.

Also are they for the whole of the CCL or just the Premier. Only reason i ask was that I was discussing this sort of thing on Sat and personally think it's ridiculous for the CCL (as a whole) to be classed as a senior league when they have teams within their constitution that don't even have lights.

IMHO, I think the league are looking for 100% membership with clubs with minimum grade to promote to Ryman.
I reckon thats why the Elite League (to become step 7 in the pyramid?) was formed.

So would you say they are reasonable requests, or are there any ridiculous ones like when the supposed need for a stand was enforced?

I think they are reasonable as far as the ground grading rules stand but the rules re number of seats and covered standing are harsh at step 5 IMHO.
We have sufficient seating but I have never seen more than 15 in there (except for AFC Wimbledon friendly).
The crossbar is set to high for this level but clubs need these facilities to promote and, I guess, all clubs would like to move upwards so we have to get on with it.
Accessing funding (from FA or Football Foundation) is difficult for most clubs as well but that is another matter altogether!
Now if clubs could/would re-direct all the player salaries into ground improvements....... giveup bolt

Originally Posted By: Chris Clapham

IMHO, I think the league are looking for 100% membership with clubs with minimum grade to promote to Ryman.
I reckon thats why the Elite League (to become step 7 in the pyramid?) was formed.

I assume you only mean the Premier by that?
IMHO opinion that is no bad thing and there are plenty of clubs who must be well on the way to having that standard?!
If the Elite league has been formed for that reason, then for me any club in Div 1 that doesn't have the basic gradings (lights, permanent barrier, hard standing) should be placed in that league. For a senior league to have 2pm k.o. due to no lights is a joke and if it menas a reduction 20 teams per league then so be it.

I am involved with a team in the new Surrey Elite League and most of the grounds we have been to are just like parks. Can't see CCL 1 Clubs wanting to join the league.

The standard of football has been better than the Surrey Intermediate but the grounds sadly not.

There were to be rules for this league but not sure what has happened.

Most pitches just have 1 side roped off ( if that )

Changing rooms are small.

Slops on pitches

Game on Saturday against Croydon the dug outs where breeze blocks but no roof and no seating!

How we have managed to keep the players we have at the club, when most of them have played Ryman Football.

I also heard that the Elite League might not be around next season.

There are some CCL 1 teams that have pitches like that though (Chobham immediately springs to mind).

For me all Div 1 sides should have the minimum requirements (as I've mentioned above) to be part of that division, then further requirements to join the Premier etc.

My point is that I just find it strange how a league can have senior status, but then have teams that don't have, what IMO would be classed as, senior grounds.

I agree Jurg. it is strange. They did mention last year of making CCL 1 Step 7 so all teams could stay in the league but then you would not be able to enter the Vase, FA Cup etc...

There are plenty of bad grounds in CCL 1 and yes Chobham does spring to mind

• 5 weeks later...

Mole Valley should be ok as would Hanworth

Knaphill are very ambitious and i'm sure would seek a groundshare next season if they came in the top 3. Even our ground received the necessary grading last season ( not that it matters this year! )

I think bottom 2 only will go down as i think Lammas will come in the top 3

Surely Hanworth have to fence their ground in with a 6ft barrier (or something similar to have an "enclosed" ground)to have the grading, or is that not required anymore?

From what I saw when we played in the cup there, atm you could just walk across the field from opposite the clubhouse to watch their games.