Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Uxbridge 4-0 Slough Town

Chris

Really sorry to say this, as Derek seems like a nice bloke but I think today conclusively showed that he's lost the players and not getting the best out of them.

For once, can't argue with team selection or the formation. A 4-4-2, but were just not getting the best out of the players.

You look around the team individually today. I'd say apart from a couple you'd turn around and say "Yes they are a good player", but Sweets has not gelled them as a team or the players have lost confidence with him. You probably offer most of our players to other clubs in this divison and they'd bit your hand off!

Uxbridge themselves have some good players at this level i.e. Tunnell and Kevin Warner, but their side also contained 4 players who were part of our squad that got relegated last season.

It's also very sad when you see a lot of our fans who have travelled a long way to get to the game leave early, but you can't blame them. It has to change, and for me the players rumoured to be coming into the club this week following 7-day appraoches are not the answer.

Totally agree Chris.

It hasn't worked for Sweets. He failed to keep us up last season and we got lucky with a reprieve and now this season we are no better. We haven't improved on last season and that is not good enough.

Today was utterly dreadful. A defence which was three quarters ex-Slough was barely tested. Not enough passion or energy. Football is a results business and Sweets hasn't been getting the right ones.

Another disorganised performance. However nice a bloke Sweetman is, he is paid to get performances/results out of the players he has put together, and this isn't happening.

There can be no excuses; he has a good budget,and our injuries are no worse than anyone elses. We simply don't play as a team and we have players doing their own thing rather than a system that will work to our strengths.

I don't think that it is a question of 'should he go?', rather a question of when he should go.

Guest Anonymous

Ted and Tom you are right the time is now as that would give a new manager 12 games to sort out the team ready for next season.

The players and budget are there ready for the right manager.

Originally Posted By: Tom
When = now?

There is more likely to be a choice of managers over the close season, however to set against that would be the question of how many of the current squad would leave over the summer if that was when Sweetman goes. I cannot see the better ones remaining if there is an uncertain summer, with no clear settled manager.

We might have a better chance of retaining players if the change is made now.

Originally Posted By: Chris
for me the players rumoured to be coming into the club this week following 7-day appraoches are not the answer.

who are they then?? i heard one was a Bracknell reserve player

the motivation of the players was terrible other than 3 or 4 players today. not sure whether the strikers for us were poor or the midfield was poor service wise again

saying that their keeper made at least 3 great saves that could have changed the game

last 20 minutes of first half i thought we were fairly good and unlucky maybe not to get to half time at 1-1

Originally Posted By: Mr Rebel
Originally Posted By: Chris
for me the players rumoured to be coming into the club this week following 7-day appraoches are not the answer.

who are they then?? i heard one was a Bracknell reserve player

the motivation of the players was terrible other than 3 or 4 players today. not sure whether the strikers for us were poor or the midfield was poor service wise again

saying that their keeper made at least 3 great saves that could have changed the game

last 20 minutes of first half i thought we were fairly good and unlucky maybe not to get to half time at 1-1

As said before one is a midfielder from afc Hayes.

One was on the bench today for Uxbridge.

One is from Beaconsfield

One is from Chesham.

Dear Mr Easterbrook

Today was a huge disappointment and a telling day. We were ordinary in the first half but should have been playing for the points in the second. Yet, as with last week our second half performance was a disgrace. We were lacking ideas, appetite and organisation and most importantly we were lacking leadership on the pitch and from the bench. Sadly this has been the case all to often and is now becoming all to regular. The effect of this is now apparent in the confidence and morale of the players, and a situation our manager does not appear to have the ability to improve.

In your interview in May 2008 you said your priority was that;

"whatever league we are in next season we are in a position to gain promotion out of it".

You have done great things for the club this season but unfortunately the manager and team have not matched your achievements or ambitions. We will probably not get relegated, although we may only just escape this. Yet without doubt we have better indiviudual players than we did last season and so should not be looking below us. Our current position is not good enough and it is now clear that next season our manager will not be able to live up to your aspirations expressed in the May interview and something that at the start of the season many fans believed too;

"As Chairman I never want to start a season without the belief that we can win promotion"

As nice a guy as Derek Sweetman is avoiding relegation is not good enough for these players or the faithful Slough fans. A change of manager and coaching staff would be better now so we have a chance of starting next season stronger and more confident of achieving our ambitions.

mrgh

Originally Posted By: King Tut
Hopefully the u18 game tomorrow will be something to smile about

I understand this game is at the Polish Club tomorrow morning with a 10.30 kick-off, if you're thinking of attending. Not sure if it has been mentioned here or not.

I decided to reserve my post for today instead of posting it after the game yesterday.

Yesterday's second half was the first time I felt that something needed changing. I thought our first half was ok, and we could have been level at half time. But the second half was awful, and we only started playing again at 4-0 down.

I can look at our team and think that we have a squad of very good players, but theres is obviously something wrong when we continue to play differently either side of half time.

Sweetman is a very nice guy, and I wanted to see him and his coaching team be successful after the last 2 terrible seasons, but on yesterdays second half collapse I would not expect him to last much longer. He has bought in some excellent players, but cannot get them to work as a team. This team needs to gel otherwise we are going to continue our time in the bottom half of this league.

I was pleased to see us line up 4-4-2 at the start and I honestly thought it would pay off for us as the first half progressed and that we could go for at least a draw in the second half, but yet again we changed at half time and pulled out one of our worst performances.

Although, what happens next is anyones guess!!

Guest Anonymous

Again another inept performance from a side that is going down the league fast, even Winchester won yesterday. Sweetman must go now everyone can now see no progress has been made under him and he really has lost the plot, even though we beat Andover last week that just painted over the cracks this is a very poor side and now again another relegation fight, if there is a saving grace in this league thank god only 2 teams go down, we may just make it in 20th position. If Sweetman wants slough to stay up then he should go now and take that p--- of a coach with him.

I doubt 2 sides will go down to be honest as i can see clubs folding higher up the leauges. Would be rather funny if Slough got the reprive two years on the trot!!!

Guest Anonymous

Whats funny about it, we will probably be playing you next season as you will probably **** the title and up and lose in the play offs lol