Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 14th April

Knaphill Res 2 - 0 Staines Lammas Res

Blythin

Pike

On an overcast evening at Redding Way, that made the last few minutes a little difficult to follow, the Reserves continued their good run of form with a comfortable 2-0 win over a physical Staines side. Without a defeat in the last eight games and moving up to 10th in the table, the Reserves under Adie Wilson and Lee Cook are making a fine bid for mid-table respectability. Ross Blythin opened the scoring in the first half with his fourth of the season, whilst after a sweeping move Orando Pike slotted in his 13th goal of the campaign. A good sized crowd was more entertained by a open game with both sides playing their part. Lets keep up this fine form for the rest of the season.

Originally Posted By: SurreyLegend
Frimley Green Res 3 - 1 Bookham Res in the cup semi. Onto the final the green go. Young Centre Back had a great game tonight for frimley Green and kept them in the game.

Sorry SL would have to disagree with the young bit too !!!! wink

We haven't got any complaints, we did not perform well enough and Frimley played to there strengths and although we huffed and puffed it was not to be.

Have to say and talking to SL after the game, how the ref and lino did not see SL handle the ball as it went past him towards our striker I will never know !!!! The ref said it came off the fat kents stomach !!!! this was near shoulder high so SL must be the fattest kent ever !!!!!

Stop Press!!

Surrey Legend retires from football to take up Basketball!

Some sour grapes from some of the Bookham lads claiming we had ringers and players who had played too many first team games. Nowhere near the truth I am afraid - when Bookham played us in the league, it was the majority of our first team that played that day - and lost! Perhaps the old boys did not like getting the run around from a 17yr old stiker!

Hopefully by the time we play Bookham aagin, they would have won the stiffs league

Yes FG another nightmare for Bookham at Frimley, SL certainly has done us again.

TC, we did not say ringers nor 1st team players as far as I'm aware, your No9 dont know his name said to our captain he'd only played twice for you guys. Yes would agree it sounds sour grapes but your player raised it 1st and for all I/we know he may have been winding the our player up by saying it. If he has'nt played enough I sure the league would pick it up but personally hope it's you in the final as you deserved it on the day.

one or two of your players did Teffs that was all.

As far as I am aware, as long as you have been signed on in enough time, and have not played more first team games than reserves, then there are no problems.

...in the case of reserve competitions, he has played more qualifying reserve matches than qualifying premier matches. Qualifying matches shall be all matches played under the auspices of the Combined Counties League.

I did not hear that the TC and have been told there where plenty of changes from the league game and have tried explaining to them that teams do change........still dont think they understand what I'm saying !!!!wink

36.8 c) No player shall be eligible to play in a semi-final or final match unless he has played at least three times for his club in qualifying matches played under thejurisdiction of the Competition during the current season and provided that, in the

case of reserve competitions, he has played more qualifying reserve matches than qualifying premier matches. Qualifying matches shall be all matches played under the auspices of the Combined Counties League.

Quote:
36.8 c) No player shall be eligible to play in a semi-final or final match unless he has played at least three times for his club in qualifying matches played under thejurisdiction of the Competition during the current season and provided that, in the case of reserve competitions, he has played more qualifying reserve matches than qualifying premier matches. Qualifying matches shall be all matches played under the auspices of the Combined Counties League.

So some Club Secs are now rapidly going back through previous match team-sheets ????

bolt

Hope that is the case TC, but it was he who raised the issue.

Hope there are no hard feeling because of the silly accusations made by players more frustrated in their own performances and the result.......as you said poor losers but show me a good loser wink

WE wish you well in the final and hope you enjoy the day

No, no hard feeling at all. Any time I have come across Bookham this season, there have been no problems and enjoy the encounters.

I think the accusations are just bourne from frustration that a high ball over the top was the undoing of the Bookham back line.

Yes it was all we had, but it was all we needed.

I have not seen much reserve football this season, but Bookham appear to be in a good position to win the league.

I was quite upset when the ref and linesman both said it hit my belly. I actually turned and was ready to walk as i had already been booked.

I have no hard feelings as I wanted to hug one of your defenders during the game as he called me a ringer. I told him at 35 i will take that. Or did he say minger??????