Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

KNEE JERK REACTION

dannyriding

yea and nearly got arrested for it lol.but i think i have matured now. surely hornet through all your years of supporting the gate do you think that Mr Piper is that bad or have you just got the raging hump with the club in general as you must of seen some dire footy at hartsdown over the years

I just believe in freedom of speech and was really enjoying myself in the clubhouse at the HX game even in defeat and was shocked to be treated the way I was for coming on a football forum. I don't mind about the dire football as much, just want to see the club achieve it's potential which I witnessed and now it's all gone, and me missus has fkd off to Spain on holiday without even telling me so yes I've got the raving hump with everything so best to let go now I think.

Beginning to wish I hadnt started this thread, all the posts are warranted which ever side the fall on, but personal abuse by the OAPs is just not exceptable in my eyes so I will be writing to the Rt Hon Eziekel (whatever his name is) and demanding that he intervenes forthwith tongue

Why do some people seem to think that we have a devine right to compete in the Conference?, we were there and it was great, BUT lets have a reality check, bigger clubs than us are below our level, and smaller clubs are above us.

Look at Maidstone they were a Football League club and then began again in the Kent league, Dartford are no doubt a bigger club than us and last season were in the Ryman Div 1. Dover we all know what happened to them they were also Ryman Div 1, so do not despair, what goes around comes around.

What is important is that we support our club irrespective of what League we are, yes we have had problems, and yes the ground situation is a continued pain in the [****!!****], but I believe that in TY and NS we have the experience and credentials to begin again AS OTHERS HAVE DONE.

A couple of months ago we were destined for relegation without question but it all went to the last game of the season and in that game we did not compete and that is very very disappointing, I hope the players are as down about it as the fans are, but somehow i doubt it, many will move on, and begin again elsewhere, the only constant as I have said before are the fans, and that is US.

I look forward to next season as I enjoy my Saturdays and Tuesday evenings as I follow my club, Margate FC.

Just because other clubs have been badly run does not mean we should accept our club being badly run.

To have the fourth highest average crowd in the Ryman Prem in a relegation season proves we should be competing at a higher level. We should be a Conference South club. The Conference itself is now a different kettle of fish to when we were in it. It is now full of full-time clubs.

Originally Posted By: dannyriding
....... so I will be writing to the Rt Hon Eziekel (whatever his name is) and demanding that he intervenes forthwith tongue

The sh1t with the ground started when Ezekiel "intervened"

So no the best thing would be for him to resign as he is stopping an proper regeneration of Margate as a whole. However he wont as he takes

Dartford are not a bigger club than Margate. How much do you really know about our history?

Originally Posted By: Guernsey Tom
Why do some people seem to think that we have a devine right to compete in the Conference?, we were there and it was great, BUT lets have a reality check, bigger clubs than us are below our level, and smaller clubs are above us.

Look at Maidstone they were a Football League club and then began again in the Kent league, Dartford are no doubt a bigger club than us and last season were in the Ryman Div 1. Dover we all know what happened to them they were also Ryman Div 1, so do not despair, what goes around comes around.

What is important is that we support our club irrespective of what League we are, yes we have had problems, and yes the ground situation is a continued pain in the [****!!****], but I believe that in TY and NS we have the experience and credentials to begin again AS OTHERS HAVE DONE.

A couple of months ago we were destined for relegation without question but it all went to the last game of the season and in that game we did not compete and that is very very disappointing, I hope the players are as down about it as the fans are, but somehow i doubt it, many will move on, and begin again elsewhere, the only constant as I have said before are the fans, and that is US.

I look forward to next season as I enjoy my Saturdays and Tuesday evenings as I follow my club, Margate FC.