Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

KNEE JERK REACTION

dannyriding

I dont think history makes a 'bigger' club, the supporters and progressive footballing talent i.e. the team makes for a bigger club. As has been stated on this site - yes we were in the Conference and did really quite well whilst we were there but its time to live in the here and now, move on hopefully upwards but MOVE ON nonetheless.

From someone who always seems to think he knows best JJ check out the history, the ground the attendances, the catchment area, look at the website and compare it to ours, look at the programme, including the sponsorship and perhaps let me know if you have changed your mind, but this was not as a comparison, it was as I stated a reality check, because I am not really interested in them, my belief is that we will rise again, for how long I do not know, non league football is a merry go round, a fine line divides many sides, look at Histon !! they were United Counties League from a village in Cambridgeshire or somewhere round that way, we had our time in the limelight and hopefully will again.

JJ maybe you havent read a newspaper or seen the news lately but I think you'll find the GLOBAL Recession might have something to do with the lack of sponsorship/spare cash being bandied around. If you had a couple of grand lying around where would you invest it - it wouldnt I GUARANTEE be in a

non-league football club.

we all agree we all want Margate to survive / exist and there are different ways people want this to happen.

Existing board

A total new board

Club to fold and reform

But the only thing that people have in common is for future success for the club.

What I personnally cant stand is people being shot down for their own views. There are some I agree with , some I dont and then Alan (still makes me laugh the happy clapping comment)

Some people are good at getting their views across (Ronks, MM) some are not (JJ) but thats just life lets not get personal

Oh Ian Sanderson is excluded from this, he just wants abuse so lets give him some

Originally Posted By: Coffin Ender
It is now full of full-time clubs.

Think you'll find it isn't - in actual fact, many 'full-time' clubs are reverting back to cut costs.

Originally Posted By: Coffin Ender
Weymouth are. But they are relegated anyway.

But the likes of Oxford, Cambridge, Wrexham, York, Torquay, Mansfield, Kidderminster and Rushden will all remain full time. As will relegated Luton and whoever joins them.

Don't want to be pedantic, but that's hardly 'full' is it?!

I do though understand what you are getting at.

Originally Posted By: BlueGate Alan
I am happy clappy, god fearing ostrich with my head stuck in the sand now I believe Pagey grin

A bit odd that you think Coffin Ender aimed that remark at you when no names were mentioned. I'd be more concerned about the splinters in your ar$e from all that sitting on the fence.

Originally Posted By: BlueGate Alan
Oh I forgot to add gutless too smile

And paranoid, as CE never named anyone in that comment. Gutless may be too strong a word but too many at the club cannot see this board for what they are. If they cared the club wouldn't be in the mess it's in. The really sad thing is if anyone makes an honest comment pointing it out they are shot down in flames.

Originally Posted By: dannyriding
JJ maybe you havent read a newspaper or seen the news lately but I think you'll find the GLOBAL Recession might have something to do with the lack of sponsorship/spare cash being bandied around. If you had a couple of grand lying around where would you invest it - it wouldnt I GUARANTEE be in a
non-league football club.

In my opinion, the current recession has little to do with the Clubs fall from grace in recent years.

There are other ways-even without wealthy benefactors.

Down here in Glawster, FG Rovers are full time on av. crowds of under 1000 (no jokes about making up shortfalls by gambling ).

They are very well run off the pitch,and have recently moved into a new ground,which includes a leisure centre, pub and restaurant,conference facilities.

It took them 10 years to get there.

It remains difficult for them with 8 years of sizeable loans to pay ,but they are holding their own.

Is'nt this exactly what KP and the Sunshine Gang and MFC are seeking to achieve-a stadium/facility that can help fund the football side. (as well as make him and the developers some money which they are fully entitled to )

Its difficult and takes time-it can be done though (even tougher for KP in this economic climate ).

I trust he perserveres-wish him well-and frustrating as it is for all of us-maybe just maybe ,if we continue to support and show some patience ,KP will get us there.

Just for Welshbob what I wrote was banter, but as I will ALWAYS support Margate I do take the remarks to be aimed at me along with others who show our support.

Little hint Bob, look at smiley grin behind my posts!!!