Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

KNEE JERK REACTION

dannyriding

Originally Posted By: Bitch
Originally Posted By: Margateboys
Tonbridge in the play offs and theres no reason we cant be there as we are a bigger club than Tonbridge, hope they win the play offs.

Tonbridge are up there because they've had the money to spend on proven players mainly down to the long pockets of the Chairman and Vice-Chairman.

You can argue all you like that Margate's team isn't good enough, but you've had a set of young lads step into a mans game and actually perform. Each time i've watched them this season i've been impressed with thier raw talent, a talent that will progress over time, especially under such expert guidance. If you care to remember back, you knew this had to happen, due to your lack of funds. (Margateboys, i don't believe you've watched the team for some time?)

Whatever the reasons for the Club's demise/relegation/hard times - Be it mismanagement at board level etc i don't think you should hammer the lads that have turned out for you.

It costs an absolute fortune to compete at this level. If Mr Piper has made such a hash of things, while probably spending his own vast fortune doing so, what is behind his reluctance to let it go?

It costs an absolute fortune to compete at this level. If Mr Piper has made such a hash of things, while probably spending his own vast fortune doing so, what is behind his reluctance to let it go?

I think you maybe barking up the wrong tree.

maybe the only answer to this is that the club holds a meeting where the board the suporters sit down and talk the truth , let surporters turn up and say what they want and what they really think should happen and the board must speak and answer any question thrown at them and maybe any one that has an interest in the club and wants to invest in the club could be there and give there views on what they are hearing .

If there is nothing to hide we can all walk away knowing that whats been said should be gospel and the board would know exactley what the fans thoughts are .

This would include the likes of JJ everyone would or should be involved after all we all say we love the club so we should ALL be there .

We have plenty of Saturday afternoons going spare .

Up the Gate .

Originally Posted By: hartsdownfan
maybe the only answer to this is that the club holds a meeting where the board the suporters sit down and talk the truth , let surporters turn up and say what they want and what they really think should happen and the board must speak and answer any question thrown at them and maybe any one that has an interest in the club and wants to invest in the club could be there and give there views on what they are hearing .

If there is nothing to hide we can all walk away knowing that whats been said should be gospel and the board would know exactley what the fans thoughts are .
This would include the likes of JJ everyone would or should be involved after all we all say we love the club so we should ALL be there .

We have plenty of Saturday afternoons going spare .
Up the Gate .

That would be great, but I would be surprised if you could get the truth from the board

And I doubt those that slag off the present board would go along and say to their faces what they say on here either.That's been the case on previous meetings.If they did it might,repeat,might just get them,get everybody what they want.

Or whether any of the fans there would actually be in a position to do anything about the problems facing us.

While i appreciate the effort most of our team have put in this season. Over the last season or two i have gone from being an ever present supporter to watching a handfull of games. The main reason being the amount of broken promises re ground ect ect. Wich is all becomeing a bit repetative now, im not in the know so will not attribute blame to anyone individual.

But it is loseing us a lot of supporters,so the answer. Hopefully those in charge either know they CAN put us back where we belong, or if not and they have the club at heart. Give it to someone who can, if there is someone willing to.

Also playing on my mind K.P's comments re being reprieved, did this have an adverse affect on team mentality?

Had Margate won on saturday-would this 'debate' be taking place?

Would JJ have then posted re:Mr Piper and mr Page?

Off field-has anything changed between 4.45 on saturday and today ?

As far as i am aware-nothing is different off field in the last 24 hours'so are any postings that are derogatory towards the board simply opportunism ?

Maybe such postings will have more credence post wednesday?

Maybe the Board will have won back any wavering support post wednesday ?

Up the 'Gate

I would have thought that it is like anything else in this world - if someone thought that it was a viable proposition (or if they were benevolent, madly in love with the club and prepared to commit monies to it) then everything has its price. However to date I have not heard anything about a bona fide offer.

right then for those of you who dont like the way the club is being run and how unfairly you are being treated,dont moan about it, do something about it.

I went to Staines on the coach with my 11 year old son and to say we were gutted when we got back to hartsdown park is an understatement, but a conversation was had at the club house on saturday and what was said was we will be here next season to follow the gate - to have a beer - to have a laugh and i do believe the majority of the fans will return next season and we will have 3 to 400 crowds so what has happened has happened roll on next season- up the gate

Originally Posted By: phil d
right then for those of you who dont like the way the club is being run and how unfairly you are being treated,dont moan about it, do something about it.

You've just said in one sentence what I was going to say in 10 paragraphs Phil.(Wouldn't be me otherwise) smile
Not only have you saved those willing or bothered to read as some would say "long winded" posts you have also hit the nail on the head.
DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! chaps. Don't sit at home waiting for things to happen because if they don't change this will go on & on & on.
If those that are unhappy as much as they are,if those that are staying away want change,it wont,unless YOU do something.
I'll happily try & set up a meeting with the board if its possible.Best suggestion of the night by Hartsdownfan with this one by the way well done Andy.
Its a start.But THIS TIME, all those that come on here having a go must turn up & air their views honestly & without fear.It would also be a good thing if you were to admit who you are on here to those people on the board & repeat what you have said too.
Shall I set this up or will there once again be those that feel it will only be sorted out by posting their views on here,the forum,sometimes anonymously.
Here's your chance to put your views,your concerns & your wishes,directly to those you talk of,to those that,despite many errors & false promises(I grant you that) are right now busting a gut on the clubs & ours behalves.
If you want change TELL THEM to their faces.
Are you up for it,JJ,Margateboys,Hornet,Pagey to name but a few? This is your chance to say what you feel DIRECT.
Shall I set this up or are you all going to run scared yet again? You want change? Make it happen!
Whoops sorry was that 10 paragraphs anyway. Cant change a habit of a lifetime. Sorry.

In response to said 'Knee Jerk Reaction' the question I'd like to ask those complaining is - What was the surprise?

Now,I'm not so smart but I spotted these signs -

Before the season when Barry Ashby was introduced to the fans, he laid out the selection criteria that had been presented to him when he applied for the job - that we weren't going for big money signings, but local, and up & coming youngsters - which is what we got.

Other signs that we weren't going to have a barnstorming season were also there. The bookies made us overwhelming favourites for relegation. Then we played our first pre-season friendly, were mostly outplayed and lost to Great Wakering Rovers.

So what has followed has not been as big a surprise as the relegation of last season's play-off contenders - Ramsgate, who were down with games to spare, at least we managed to eke out the season until the last match.

Am I disappointed that we were relegated? Yes utterly

Am I bitter that we suffered relegation? No

Am I in a position to improve the overall financial situation at Hartsdown? Sadly No

Am I going to Hartsdown to watch us in the lower division next season. Yes, definately

wow, to peter/Phil D and cookie I whole heartedly agree with you posts and can honestly hand on heart say Ill be back next season (whatever league we are in) to cheer on the team I support, and NO I dont have rose tinted glasses on im just a realist and appreciate that running a football club no matter what size/league is a drain on both personal and business finances - until such times as we or a rich benevolent person stumps up enough monies to push us towards the dizzy heights we/all think we deseerve to be in then LIFE goes on people

Originally Posted By: JeremyJacobs
Cookie

You can't be reasonable with unreasonable people. Besides I've got better things to do.

Same old tripe you spouted last year J.J. Spend half you life (if you have one) moaning and complaining, when the meeting was called with Piper last year if I recall correctly, you had got better things to with your life then.

Just keep on making the amunition for other people to fire J.J. Someday when you old and withered you just might find someone to take you seriously.

Originally Posted By: JeremyJacobs
Cookie

You can't be reasonable with unreasonable people. Besides I've got better things to do.

But to whom is JJ referring too.I thought I was trying to be reasonable on here.