Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

KNEE JERK REACTION

dannyriding

As has been said previously until someone can run it better we have what we have, nothing I can do apart from support MY team Margate.

Originally Posted By: dannyriding
The shame is andy I agree with you, but until a multi-millionaire comes to our aid do you have a solution to our probelm, does anybody???

Is this what people really think? Why would anybody think that you need a MULTIMILLIONAIRE to run a Rymans club?
Surely you just need people with a liitle bit of money capable and experienced hopefully in running what is after all a small business.

Obviously we all want to see success at Margate but if fans only turn up for a winning team then they're not real fans

and probably don't get what supporting a small non-league club is all about.

The friendships i've made through following Margate are strong ones and i always look forward to having a bloody good laugh with my mates at the game and i'd take that over winning every week any day.

Sorry if thats defeatist but there must quite a few who agree because the football was'nt good enough to keep us coming back.

Originally Posted By: phil d
i think big ron has hit the nail on the head with his quote and i do firmly believe and hope it will be the same (old) faces on the terraces next season. i put the old in brackets for dannyriding. up the gate

Should you be setting an example and showing more respect to the more senior of our fans!!!

Originally Posted By: Coffin Ender
you can't expect the people of the town to take pride in their local club if it is a shambles.

Agree with that, surely we're all in the same boat on this where we get asked all the time by our mates how the club is doing, and at the moment the easiest thing to do is to laugh and say "same old". Everyone knows the club is run by clowns and MFC wont be taken seriously by anyone other than the hardcore fans until the board get out.

We need fresh blood in the boardroom and a new sense of pride.

Originally Posted By: seasidesteve
we will see the same old faces next season but probably a few less of them.problem is its the new young fans the club needs and im afraid there arnt many of them despite the pound entry.more must be done even it it means free entry to get youngsters in

Sorry youngsters want to see a winning team and at the moment that aint looking like happening but yes nail on the head, not enough are coming along to games because we're slipping into obscurity. And we all know why that is, it's a slow painful death for the club. Circus act

Coffin Ender is spot on. Too many fans of this club are happy for it to be a glorified social club and will take any amount of sh!t that's thrown at them. The reason there is not a better solution is because the control freak running the club will not relinquish his role for any amount and to them it's not even about the football. Some on here are so wet they'd be better off on The Girl Guides Forum saying how wonderful everything is.

So take this scenario. KP and Colin Page walk tomorrow and leave the club as some fans want. Gary Lever walks away as well. So where will we be next season. Forget relegation, NO CLUB NO GROUND NO FOOTBALL, FACT.

Its no good saying that if they went people would be there waiting in the wings to take over. If anybody had the slightest incling to come in would they not have publicised it somewhere. Like him or loathe him the only reasom MFC is still here is because of him. Even the architects made public their concerns over the council, stating that they have never been treated so shoddedly by any other council planners before.

Originally Posted By: margateshot
So take this scenario. KP and Colin Page walk tomorrow and leave the club as some fans want. Gary Lever walks away as well. So where will we be next season. Forget relegation, NO CLUB NO GROUND NO FOOTBALL, FACT.

Its no good saying that if they went people would be there waiting in the wings to take over. If anybody had the slightest incling to come in would they not have publicised it somewhere. Like him or loathe him the only reasom MFC is still here is because of him.

KP was made an offer last summer by people with the clubs interests at heart. He moved the goalposts for one reason or another. Dont forget KP is a director of Lever's development company.

It's no good KP just walking. He needs to sell his/his familys shares for what people will be willing to pay. He knows what the offer was last summer that was on the table and has to make the effort to move the club into better hands by accepting that its the only way forward.

And what exactly has Gary Lever done for the club. We've got a millionaire on the board and we're still in financial sh!t. That's how much they care about the club. 50k would be a drop in the ocean. Now wake up all you poofs and realise it's just a development opportunity, also control freaks of this nature don't give up. If they walked away something good would come out of something bad-it always does.