Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

KNEE JERK REACTION

dannyriding

I have to say that I agree with pretty much everyone has said after my earlier post. PeterW has got it right I think with his assessment - if we are honest we all knew that it was going to be a knock it down and start again season.

With regard to the meeting, Cookie, although I know that you have the best intentions here I cannot see the point of having a meeting just for the supporters to make points (or have a moan) at the Management.

If anyone has something positive to offer which is really going to help (and which they are prepared to back up with action) then I am sure that doesn't need a meeting. It is all to easy to have meetings - they usually just finish up by putting off real action anyway.

Originally Posted By: Cookie
If you want change TELL THEM to their faces.
Are you up for it,JJ,Margateboys,Hornet,Pagey to name but a few? This is your chance to say what you feel DIRECT.
Shall I set this up or are you all going to run scared yet again? You want change? Make it happen!
Whoops sorry was that 10 paragraphs anyway. Cant change a habit of a lifetime. Sorry.

Been there done it Cookie. From experience all i got was lies

I think people have a right to be angry and pissed off about the way the club is going supporters show their emotions in different ways and it all boils down to we all care and and are deeply shocked by the situation. I feel it is time for some sort of change dont know how or when just that the way the club is going we will have no club soon and could be playing in the Thanet league if the dimise continues. Yes we of cause we will support them next year, but this cant carry on how can a club top on the conf for one night 7 years ago be in the postion now, it doesnt just happen because of bad players or managament its at a higher level, we had our chance at league football and blew we ever circumstances caused this. Makes you wonder why Thanet Council are so against anything we do, Tax bills ground demolished supporters having to go to Dover and Ashford losing best manager Margate ever had Chris kinnear. Something has to change i still think the council are a bunch of tarts it just seems lately Margate Fc are using a chocolate teapot to make a brew = we all get burnt and the priority the supporters poor us im just gutted UP THE BLUES!!!

I have to agree Coffin Ender has any club come nr to what we have ahd to put with all things being equal. I know other clubs have had major problems and im being biased but if u did a poll of all the other non league clubs in kent even Gillingham im sure there would be major unrest and changes. You can stick ya head in the sand for so long and one day theres gonna be a big sandstorm thats gonna swollow you up, sadly the Storms been brewing for ages and arrived at Staines on Saturday. Are Margate going to be lost in the sand of time, only time will tell but its not looking good and yes im a really positive person just that we as supporters deserve better we have ALL earnt our respect have the club i ask!!

Funny Margateboys suddenly comes on here after our last game, all his posts are negative, surely this is the EXACT time to get behind the lads.

To be honest ive just logging been looking at the post for ages and im entitlied to have an opinion of which it seems some Margate fans dont like. Well im sorry im just so hurt and gutted and angry with what happened like us all. How can u be postive when u look at the situation we are in its come to a head now we are really playing in the old Kent League. You tell me what is there to be postive about i really wana be but after the catalog of disasters in the last few years can u blame me u keep poking the dog again and again one day its gonna turn round and bite ya thats what i feel like. Are never stop supporting Margate but we as supporters ca only take so much lads!!!

coffin ender said, Our problem is that most of our fans are gutless and prefer to stick their heads in the sand. Most other clubs who had our recent history would be having riots.

not sure i agree entirely with your post but i will say that evrytime a meeting is put on between managers and supporters you get the old 'i'm gonna ask this and i'm gonna say that then when it finally comes down to it those people all sit tight lipped and its always the same fans speaking up , joseba, myself, phild and a few others, always the same people for god sake guys if you gotta problem stand up and say it do'nt become the silent majority

Originally Posted By: BlueGate Alan
Funny Margateboys suddenly comes on here after our last game, all his posts are negative, surely this is the EXACT time to get behind the lads.

You may say this is nothing to do with me as I'm a Rams supporter....but and its a big but...you have to get behind your team however badly they play (bit like the Rams this season) EVERY player, every manager and every supporter wants to win every game; but ha lifes not like that. And how can you enjoy the good times in life when you've not had the bad times in life.

Stay supporting your Blue team as I'll continue to support the Red side of Thanet.

I spoke up, introduced myself, and then got dragged in to be surrounded by five crombie wearing wannabees and was intimidated out of supporting the club so what is the point? These bullies are going to do it their way regardless, and what a success they've made of it. You make valid comments on here and certain people call you a coward when the real gutless,spineless wimps are all you lot who just put up with the demise and way the club is run.

Originally Posted By: phil d
right then for those of you who dont like the way the club is being run and how unfairly you are being treated,dont moan about it, do something about it.
I went to Staines on the coach with my 11 year old son and to say we were gutted when we got back to hartsdown park is an understatement, but a conversation was had at the club house on saturday and what was said was we will be here next season to follow the gate - to have a beer - to have a laugh and i do believe the majority of the fans will return next season and we will have 3 to 400 crowds so what has happened has happened roll on next season- up the gate

Well said Mate, glory has never been the reason i drag myself to watch what at times has been dire this season but because i enjoy the odd drink with friends who share my passion for this club and that maybe we'll get something to sing about and the occasional exciting victory.
I remember the so called dark days before the rise to the conference and they were some of the best cold wet tuesday nights i've spent, not to say that relegation is a good thing but its not the end of the world is it?
I'll be there next season and for many after that because Margate are my team and nothing changes that!!!