Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Subject to a formal club statement....

Originally Posted By: Beeswax
Originally Posted By: Jenko
Anyway who is this player? Is he mum noshing the Chairman or does his family put all the money into the club?

The vice-chairman, who has the money, is having his his "ears bent" indoors and is therefore insisting that his stepson starts come what may. That was the ultimatum on Monday and TC walked.

My new information is that the new manager, who was waiting in the wings, has been told and has accepted that the stepson's name must always go on the team sheet first!

Would love to know how the player will be received in the dressing room now! Surely the other players can't be happy with this? Especially if the lad is pony!

OB - The same N that used to be at Wakering, had the most impressive player profile ever, scored about 100 goals at under 5's level and his mum has the video to prove it...?

Originally Posted By: Jenko
I agree with TIC Hooks. How on earth can the Chairman expect a manager to stay under them conditions? I think it is a very cynical way to get rid of the manager you don't want without actually sacking them. Put the ball in their court and let them jump rather than being pushed!

Don't APSA have the policy of playing x amount of Asian players?

Anyway who is this player? Is he mum noshing the Chairman or does his family put all the money into the club?

Right guys, let me spell it out. I'm really reluctant to wash Bowers' dirty linen in public but it's pretty much as Beeswax said.

1. The vice-chairman bankrolls the club.
2. His stepson is on the club's books.
3. The player's mum is giving the vice-chairman earache about the fact that he's putting money into the club but her son is not playing.
4. The chairman wants TC to stay but needs the vice-chairman's sponsorship.
5. Vice-chairman gives chairman ultimatum that either his stepson plays or he will pull out.
6. Chairman reluctantly makes call to TC to tell him what Vice-Chairman has said.
7. TC resigns.

Spin it anyway you want, but the chairman is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Personally if I was the chairman I would have told the VC to f**k off and take his money, wife and stepson with him.

So now you know!!!

Bowers chairman only has himself to blame though if he is letting it go on , he should just tell this pr*ck to do one.

I might be mate , think we are in saturday at GWR though for a beer etc , not sure yet

As a player how can you accept you only play because of the situation? I could never accept that. F**k the money I'd rather run a club that has some dignity and respect rather than be held to ransom!

How that player can look the other players in the eye is beyound me! My mum and dad wanted me to do well but would never stoop so low.

I'm sorry to say but how any manager worth his salt can accept that policy is beyound me!

Thanks Hooks, that does clear it up.....

But jesus, the whole sitiation is a complete shambles. Forgeting the Charimen and the Vice Chairmen....as I cant even begin to get started on how wrong the whole things is.

The player should take some responsibility, stand down, and say listen I only want to play on my own merit...I personally could never play for a club when I know I am only selected because my old man is loaded...I would rather give up..!!

Its a difficult senario for the chairman,the chairman needs money so that the new manager can hopefully get and pay better players with it so that the club can progress,the vice chairman wont pay the money un-less the vice chairman's son plays every week,in my honest opinion the manager picks the side every game,if the manager thinks that any player isnt good enough for the team then the chairman/vice chairman shouldnt get involved in team affairs,surely no manager with any decent principles or morals is going to agree to those conditions

Roscoe, I don't know the lad personally but his teammates that I do know tell me he is a flake.

Turns up to training when he feels like it and often turns up for matches stinking of booze. He allegedly turned up recently for a Saturday 3:00pm KO at 2:20pm, stinking of drink and saying he had only got home from an "all nighter" 3 hours earlier. Worse still, he demanded to play... Allegedly!!!

As I say, I don't know the lad, so I'll be guided by those who do.

Hookster , I saw a bowers player 3 weeks ago , he told me about all that , he said that sometime he would phone up at 2pm on a matchday and just say " im playing today" and turn up and play . Manager was in an impossible situation .