Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Subject to a formal club statement....

... it is understood that Bowers & Pitsea manager Tony Cross and assistant Gary Heyward have left the club.

I am told that following a committee meeting last night, the Chairman rang Tony and told him that if he wanted to continue as Manager next season, he HAD to play a certain player or the money would be pulled.

Naturally this was unacceptable to Tony and Gary and they said they would leave, saying no manager can be dictated to about who he can and can't select to play.

I am absolutely gutted because I know how much TC loves Bowers and despite an indifferent season, we ended on a high with some good results and looking forward to next season.

I wish the new manager all the very best, he's going to need it, but I am going to reflect over the summer on whether I still want to be a part of a club that treats it's people in such a way. Not for the first time either.

Good luck to TC and Gary and I hope you both find a club worthy of you soon.

As I said, all the above is subject to a formal announcement, perhaps TC wil make a rare appearance on here to to clarify, not that he needs to.

at the end of the day if a blokes putting money into the club hes got a right to ask for certain favours,if the management team at pitsea didnt understand that then they dont know a lot about people or indeed human nature.were not talking about the corinthian casuals here, he who pays the piper calls the tune.

P.S. if anyone wants to chuck a few bob into Basildon United they can play their great aunt as centre forward as long as they make it worthwhile for us.

Originally Posted By: Hookey
... it is understood that Bowers & Pitsea manager Tony Cross and assistant Gary Heyward have left the club.

I am told that following a committee meeting last night, the Chairman rang Tony and told him that if he wanted to continue as Manager next season, he HAD to play a cetain player or the money would be pulled.

Naturally this was unacceptable to Tony and Gary and they said they would leave, saying no manager can be dictated to about who he can and can't select to play.

I am absolutely gutted because I know how much TC loves Bowers and despite an indifferent season, we ended on a high with some good results and looking forward to next season.

I wish the new manager all the very best, he's going to need it, but I am going to reflect over the summer on whether I still want to be apart of a club that treats it's people in such a way. Not for the first time either.

As I said, all the above is subject to a formal announcement, perhaps TC wil make a rare appearance on here to to clarify, not that he needs to.

Sorry Hookey and I know I have said this many times before....... buy yet again Bowers beat themselves up with internal politics. Back around the time Romford re-formed I was quite friendly with Peter Feltham... he use to tell me many stories of the politics at Bowers and it seems to have just gone on and on over the years.

It is a great pitty because the club could become a decent little Ryman side. I know Peter used to get very frustrated at times.

Why cant the good people of Bowers just move on and act as one team for the greater good of the club. PM me if you like.

Originally Posted By: richard193
at the end of the day if a blokes putting money into the club hes got a right to ask for certain favours,if the management team at pitsea didnt understand that then they dont know a lot about people or indeed human nature.were not talking about the corinthian casuals here, he who pays the piper calls the tune.
P.S. if anyone wants to chuck a few bob into Basildon United they can play their great aunt as centre forward as long as they make it worthwhile for us.

Why bother having a manager then. Your Great Aunt could be player manager, that is until someone at Pitsea understands how to run a football club.

Originally Posted By: Hookey
I am told that following a committee meeting last night, the Chairman rang Tony and told him that if he wanted to continue as Manager next season, he HAD to play a cetain player or the money would be pulled. Naturally this was unacceptable to Tony and Gary and they said they would leave, saying no manager can be dictated to about who he can and can't select to play.applause

I agree, the manager cannot be dictated to play a certain player come what may. That player could then take liberties, i.e not train or turn up ratted from the night before, and undermine the manager's authority. This cannot be good for the rest of the team or indeed the fans who may be getting short-changed in their aspirations for the club.

Crossy's better off out of it and I wish him and Gary well for the coming season.

Beeser

So I was told someone offered us a considerable amount of money a few years back on the proviso that he became chairman which was accepted. Then they said my son also has to be manager etc,etc. So the club said fek off and quite rightly so.

Managers run teams and Chairmen run clubs. If someone want's a team of maiden aunts playing for them then I feel it cheapens and devalues the team as a whole.

Originally Posted By: Urchin Mentalist
is that the same nicky cowley who left romford to join hornchurch to win things and succeded in winning a treble????
shocking career move that was .....eh coup?

I believe that it was a 'Danegelt' move and has been so ever since.