Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Brimmo Working Parties

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
I think the point here is that GH doesn't have control, as a result of the pre-existing arrangement enetered into by BSSC.

As I said before, crazy!

Completely crazy situation.

Surely as 50% of GH we, ETFC, should know what the hell is going on !!!

Somebody within the inner circle MUST know !!!

In todays economic situation we - ETFC - should know what is going on ???

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
As 50% leaseholders we should be told the exact details of this pre-exiting arrangement.What money/course of action was argreed in this arrangemet.How long this arrangement will go on for.Is there a specicfic course of time this arrangement will last.Is there any documentation to back this up.Are any profits from this arrangemet put into the collective GH pot rather than going to BBSC ?

This would have been picked up on the Due Diligence and therefore the ETFC board would have been aware, one assumes?

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
I think the point here is that GH doesn't have control, as a result of the pre-existing arrangement enetered into by BSSC.

As I said before, crazy!

I'll tell you whats going on .The current manager of the downs is in there as long as he wants to be despite moans and groans from certain party's , Now how about you change the record . You have no say in the downs not even 1%.

Its was proved by the council not being willing to renew BBSC's lease on Goldsdown road ,that they couldn't be trusted to run a tea party let alone a sports facility.So you can guarantee that the deal they stuck with an outside party to sub-let The downs Bar was 'two-bob' as well.

Unless BBSC own The downs bar AND the land that its on,and unless The downs side is totally excluded from th lease documentation that ETFC hold,then you'd find we may have quite a big say.

Saying that,i wonder how long Steve W will continue to be willing to run,maintain and pay for Bar/function and training facilities at Goldsdown road,when he now has all those facilities on tap at his new base at Broxbourne (which is also a lot more conventient to get to for the majority of 1893 people.)

Originally Posted By: BrimsdownRover
Originally Posted By: OldTowner

As I said before, crazy!

I'll tell you whats going on .The current manager of the downs is in there as long as he wants to be despite moans and groans from certain party's , Now how about you change the record . You have no say in the downs not even 1%.

In which case you won't be looking for anybody else to contribute to the costs of making good after the break in last week then? Will BSSC be paying that then, or look to GH?

I wonder whether the operation of the Downs is consistent with the commitments given to Broxbourne Borough. Still as you say, nobody else's business.

I'm sure there will be when it comes to making a claim.

Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
How is he in control?? Is he exclusively renting/leasing The Downs?? If so, who is he leasing it off?? The council??

Who is in control of allowing parking on The Downs on matchdays and midweek and who is in control of the gates that lead onto The Downs? Also,are those independent parties who use The Downs allowed to make use of The Brimsdown car park? (which i presume IS inder GH control??)

And a great job he's done in theyre too. you lot had a four year head start on that place so egg on faces there not to mention sower grapes. sick

No not "Sour Grapes" as you say, it just would have nice to have been asked at the time if we (ETFC) were interested in refurbishing/managing The Downs would'nt it? doh
Asked ? Asked ?? So you never used it before steve did then , you never had your childrens party's or christmas or presentation nights in there at all doh. what a load of old hogwash.FACT and you speek of manners !! You people underused it and started holding your club events elsewhere like some church hall up holtwhites hill or at the manc blokes pub . Face it missus You scored an own goal. Thats why steve is there and you aint . The one thing steve has is respect perhaps you should try it some time.

Yes we did use the Downs for various functions, and paid the going Rental to use it, but sometimes it was already booked so we had to hire other venues for our "Fundraising Functions"

As we have no other income-stream other than what was taken through the Turnstiles on Matchdays, it was inmportant for us raise as much money as we could at our "Functions" and by running our own Bar we could do that.

Since Goldsdown Sports was formed we have only held our Functions at Brimsdown. You really need to get "YOUR" Facts straight mate. Own Goal, I don't think so, it just would have been nice to have been asked thats all instead of being "Stabbed in the Back" duel hanged

What a load of old upwho kybosh ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Truth Hurts does it?

doh

FYI: We get on really well with the majority of people at Brimmo, it's just a shame that there are Muppets like you intent on causing trouble.

gore