Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 8/8

Jake F

Originally Posted By: eefc supporter
Epsom and Ewell 2 Guildford City 0

As Charlie Farleigh said a comfortable win for us which could have been bigger . Re the long grass it was nowhere near as long as last year v Camberley when David Attenbrough was found filming near the bottom left hand corner flag. A small but quiet turn out from the Guildford contingent today ...I suppose Merland Rise has that effect on everyone .

I agree it was not as bad as last year, but it certainly won't help a passing side like Epsom. I think that Epsom will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. Guildford were not a bad side, but,as you say, the scoreline could have been a few more!

Originally Posted By: Terrence Collina
I didnt watch it but apparantly Molesey had no disipline. Not sure if that is keeping formation, or dissent. They were kept on the pitch for 15 mins after.

A great start for the Fizzers.

Guildford Wednesday

Poor old Elfie, after being so upbeat all pre-season he's probably now on his way to Beachey Head!

So, are you involved at Sandhurst now TC?

I hope so too and wish u all the luck in the world... Watch out for Wpark Quality if same side as last year....

Originally Posted By: TRS
I didnt watch it but apparantly Molesey had no disipline. Not sure if that is keeping formation, or dissent. They were kept on the pitch for 15 mins after.

A great start for the Fizzers.

Guildford Wednesday

Poor old Elfie, after being so upbeat all pre-season he's probably now on his way to Beachey Head!

Molesey had no discipline in either dissent or formation... We were all over the place!

Its so frustrating to travel to an away game and see your team put in a perfomance like todays. Its all very well winning two pre-season tournaments and holding a Ryman Premier side to a draw but when you fall apart on the opening day of the season it just makes you wonder why you bother!

Of course Sandhursts blatent time wasting and the referee didn't help, but neither of these things had anything to do with Molesey failing.

Not looking forward to the visit of Camberley on Tuesday night, if they are anywhere near as good as last season and Molesey are as poor as today, Molesey will be lucky to escape without double figures being conceded...

*Awaits member of management or board to come on here, my forum or e-mail to complain about my opinions*

Cobham 1 Eversley 0

cobham opened the scoring on 17 mins with a well taken header then on 29 mins saw them fairly reduced to 10 players, and following a little reshaping defended a lead. The first time we have been able to do this for sometime a good gutsy performance

Originally Posted By: Non League Nigel
how did eversley look jakedog? we've got them tue
BTW Mole Valley got a half cast guy on the right wing- tattoos on neck etc- absolutely tore us to peices first half- as good as i've seen at this level

Eversley were solid and organised but lacked a little bit of nouse there man in the boardroom said had they played like that last season would have won 3/4 - nil we played the second half with a 4-5-0 formation and allowed them the ball unchalleged in there own half the back four did not look comfortable with that amount of time....

did you know the name of the tattoos male?

I have done pre-season with them and played a couple of times for the stiffs. I cannot commit week in week out for a couple of months, so will just carry on training, and bench if they want me to (I missed yesterdays game because of work). I will take the odd goalkeeper session at training too. Frimley was fun, but it was time for a change. I think 10 years is a long enough wait to go back to an old club!

Dorking FC 1 - Badshot Lea 4.

On the first day of the new season, Dorking FC welcomed Badshot Lea to a very warm sunny Meadowbank as the Chicks looked forward to their return to the Premier Division of the Combined Counties League. Dorking were without their manager, Tony Webb who was returning from holiday and without three or four key players through injury or illness. The swine flu has a lot to answer for. The first half started with the Chicks making several good forward attacks into Badshots half. The best chance being when Dan Clayton passed into the box allowing Phil Page to quickly swivel and turn onto the ball and shoot, only to see the ball fly just past the right goal post with the keeper beaten. It took several minutes for the oppositions defence to get the measure of our forwards. Badshot retaliated and made a quick break into Dorkings half and a powerful shot was palmed up and over the bar by keeper, Dan Coote. Now the opponents had gained their wind and on 8 minutes, their number 7 was free in the box to receive a cross from the left and shoot home. The next fifteen minutes was all Badshots, who continually attacked the Chick goal forcing Coote to make some good saves. Dorking then made some good breaks back into the Badshot half, only to be thwarted by a good defence. Then on 25 minutes a Badshot forward made easy work of one Chicks defender to gain position and shoot clear into the goal past Coote. 2 Minutes later, a Badshot defender was alleged to have handled the ball in the box and the referee awarded a penalty which Phil Page put confidently past the Badshot keeper to make it 1-2. With ten minutes to go, Coote took a nasty knock in the box which required a couple of minutes treatment.

The second half started, and within 15 minutes, Badshot had put the game almost beyond question by scoring two more goals. The first on 49 minutes from a Chicks defensive mistake, They scored from almost point blank range. Then on 62 minutes, the referee awarded Badshot a free kick from just outside the box and there seemed to be some confusion with the Chicks in setting up a defensive wall, which resulted in Dan Coote being blind of the free kick when it was taken and he could only watch as the ball went into the net. There followed 20 minutes of end to end football played at a furious pace given the heat but without either team being able to capitalise further. It was strange to see some of the Badshot players protesting at many of the referees decisions, given that they were 3 goals ahead with only minutes to play, and to be honest they were lucky to escape with only one yellow card, as did Dorking, for dissent.

TEAM:-

Dan Coote: Andy Briant: John Kennedy: Paul Guy: Alex Hill (Martin Waldren): Dan Clayton: James White: Scott Murphy: Dan Lawrence (John Gladwin): Phil Page: Shols Yayatu Olukosi (Jesse Davis):

SUBSTITUTES:-

John Gladwin: Martin Waldren: Jesse Davis: Junior Gyimah.

His first for some years. Unfortunately, he arrived back too late for the game.

To be honest - The choice between a few hours at Meadowbank, or some really decent weather, cheap booze and bikini clad girls wouldn't really give me a hard decision to make either !

Originally Posted By: Lensmeister
BJR, you've listed 10 starting players.

Do you have the Badshot players line up?

ALL:

DO you have your teams line up for the games as I am trying to compile a LTrack for this season for Croydon with all the team, scorers etc for all the teams.

Thanks smile

No wonder we struggled then!

I gather Mark Peters scored two of their goals and assume Matt Watson was in goal for BL but other than that....

I have done pre-season with them and played a couple of times for the stiffs. I cannot commit week in week out for a couple of months, so will just carry on training, and bench if they want me to (I missed yesterdays game because of work). I will take the odd goalkeeper session at training too. Frimley was fun, but it was time for a change. I think 10 years is a long enough wait to go back to an old club!

Ah, so Frimley lost two keepers this close season then! Best of luck down at Bottom Meadow!

Originally Posted By: Lensmeister
BJR, you've listed 10 starting players.

Do you have the Badshot players line up?

ALL:

DO you have your teams line up for the games as I am trying to compile a LTrack for this season for Croydon with all the team, scorers etc for all the teams.

Thanks smile

My apologies Lens. Possibly a case of 'Spot The Deliberate mistake'. Thankfully, before I e-mailed the press.

I have amended my original match report and added in the team substitutions.

I trust this helps.