Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Weds Results

Quite a few players were not at their best last night and we are a very new team so its going to take time to gel together! plus one or two missing also but your goal shook us up and we were sleeping first 20 IMO we did boss the rest of the gsme and do feel we deserved to win on the whole, But we can agree to disagree smile

Ref was terrible i didnt think there was a really bad tackle in the game but i reckon there were nearly 10 bookings.......... and the pen well what can you say if he thinks i dived then he sends me off. I was on the floor in disbelief when he walked up to me making the get up signals with his hand i thought OMG im gonna get sent off!!

Good luck for the rest of the season mate!

Unfortunately Wacko, the assesors like to come in the dressing room and listed to the referees pre-match instructions to his assistants. They also like to come in at half time and after the game to discuss each half.

I was once at a game where the assistant gave a last minute penalty which bamboozled both sides. The assessor told him off after the game for a poor decision and told the referee off for not over-ruling him - harsh but funny.

Originally Posted By: Terrence Collina
Unfortunately Wacko, the assesors like to come in the dressing room and listed to the referees pre-match instructions to his assistants. They also like to come in at half time and after the game to discuss each half.

I was once at a game where the assistant gave a last minute penalty which bamboozled both sides. The assessor told him off after the game for a poor decision and told the referee off for not over-ruling him - harsh but funny.

Listed is that like leaning over or bending over....no wonder.

Would have to agree that Dorking were unlucky tonight, woodwork twice and the open goal, well it was the worst miss you will ever see! Have to be happy with 3 points as we really did under perform in a big way, need things straightened out for Saturday!

RPV v DFC:

The Guvnor's report:-

Dorking departed from Raynes Park on a very wet evening with a defeat which even the most neutral of observer would deem harsh.

Dorking were the better side throughout the game, it took some good goalkeeping, good defending, the woodwork and a lot of poor finishing to keep the Dorking scoreline down to just the 1, whereas Raynes Park Vale had 3 chances and scored 3 goals - which Dorking will have to take into account on their return to the Premier Division.

Dorking started brightly going up the slope and Junior Gymiah on debut for the Chicks was causing problems with his strength and pace and his partnership with Phil Page, last seasons top scorer, seemed to gel early on and was causing problems for the home defence.

After several half chances came and went, RPV took the lead, ac ouple of quick passes down the wing allowed room for a deep cross to the far post and the header back across goal was put in by the RPV forward.

Dorking then controlled the rest of the first half with half chances falling to Junior, Phil Page and Shola Yayato but a mixture of good keeping and defensive work kept Dorking out.

Dorking thought they had the breakthrough shortly before half time but Junior's 25 yard sot struck the crossbar and bounced to safety. HT 1-0.

The second half was a copy of the first, with Dorking in control and creating chances, the best of which fell to Junior who outpaced the defence, rounded the keeper but missed the open goal. After a Dan Clayton shot rebounded out after hitting the inside of the post and a shot from Phil Page well saved by the keeper, Dorking finally found the equaliser. A well executed free kick found James White in space and he kept his composure, chesting the ball down and firing into the far corner.

But then disaster happened, with ten minutes remaining a cross from the left hand side found the RPV forward in space and his miss hit shot deflected into the far corner, Dorking then threw everything forward to try and get another equaliser but were caught twice on the break in injury time, the first attempt going over the bar but the second attempt found the net. FT 3-1

An encouraging performance against a team who finished in the top 6 last year, although a disappointing result, but something to build on for the next game, which is the FA Cup match against Horley Town at Meadowbank next Saturday, 15th. 3pm kick off.

TEAM:-

Dan Coote

Paul West

Alex Hill

Paul Guy

Scott Murphy

James White

Shola Yayatu Olukosi

Dan Clayton

Phil Page

Junior Gyimah

John Gladwyn

SUBSTITUTES :-

Lester Boniface

Dan Lawrence

Adrian Butler

Scott Harrison

Andy Briant

Originally Posted By: RPV
Would have to agree that Dorking were unlucky tonight, woodwork twice and the open goal, well it was the worst miss you will ever see! Have to be happy with 3 points as we really did under perform in a big way, need things straightened out for Saturday!

Unfortunately for Junior, his ground swallowing moment has been preserved for all time and will be available to view later evil

Originally Posted By: TRS
Originally Posted By: RPV

Unfortunately for Junior, his ground swallowing moment has been preserved for all time and will be available to view later evil

Ability like that cant be tought diabolo

I haven't heard from him recently, TRS.

Does anyone from Horley have any idea how many supporters will be travelling.

A certain person, connected with Horley, wants to plan catering arrangements for tomorrow.