Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sat 22 Aug Results thread

TRS

Cobham 1-1 Cresent Rovers

An off day for Cobham in a match that had a distinct lack of anything good from both teams (IMO neither team did enough to deserve a point!).

Strange game that was played with no pace or passion about it (maybe an FA Cup hangover from us), but we remain unbeaten so can't complain too much I suppose.

Hopefully this will be a wake up call, as we need to put teams like Cresent to the sword if we are going to be up there come the season end!!

Originally Posted By: johnnojudo
shopping was fine. Not a lot of bbq food left though.

Dont think i could ever use the fa cup as an excuse. The greatest and most famous cup competition in the world ever..........

After the Combined Counties challenge shield.....

Originally Posted By: Jake F
Molesey grabbed a late eqauliser that was down to slack marking, it was the first error the astute defence had made. Azeem also had a goal ruled out for offside when he was two yards on. Blason got our goal from the spot.

YEP JAKE F PRETTY FAIR ASSUMPTION OF THE MATCH, PLUS YOUR PLAYER DOD LOOK OFFSIDE. 1ST HALF ASH STARTED BRIGHTLY AND HAD THE BETTER POSSESSION AND CHANCES BUT DIDN'T TAKE THEM ESPECIALLY THEIR NO. 7 BLASON WHO EVENTUALLY SCORED FROM THE PENALTY IN THE 2ND HALF. SECOND WIND SAW MOLESEY COME BACK INTO THE GAME, AND IT WAS THEIR TURN TO HAVE MORE OF THE POSSESSION HAVING TO MAKE THE ASH KEEPER PULL OF AN EXCELLENT REACTION SAVE TO STOP MOLESEY GOING 1 UP AT HALF TIME.

2ND HALF WAS REALLY MUCH OF A NON-EVENT. ASH ALWAYS DANGEROUS ON THE BREAK-AWAY WHILST MOLESEY PUSHED FORWARD FOR AN EQUALISER BRINGING THE MOLESEY KEEPER TO MAKE A COUPLE DECENT SAVES.

IM NOT SURE WHAT'S GONE ON AT MOLESEY AS THEIR PRE-SEASON DEFENCE WHICH LOOKED SO SOLID YET, LIKE THE OTHER WEEK I SAW THEM, ALTHO' THEY HAVE TIGHTENED UP A BIT, STILL LOOKS UNSTEADY AT TIMES.

ALSO THEIR PASS AND MOVE STYLE OF PLAY WHICH I ENJOYED WATCHING WAS VERTUALLY NON-EXISTANT COMPARED TO THEIR PRE-SEASON MATCHES I WITNESSED, AND PREFERRED THE LONG BALL WHICH SUITED THE ASH DEFENCE TO A TEE. PERHAPS IVE PUT A SPELL ON MOLESEY BY TIPPING THEM TO BE IN THE MIX AT THE END OF THE SEASON ANYWAY STILL ALONG WAY TO GO.

THEN WITH 20 MINS REMAINING, ASH KEEPER CAME TO THE RESCUE WITH 2 SUBLIME SAVES TIPPING BOTH GOOD EFFORTS OVER THE BAR TO KEEP THEM IN THE GAME, EVENTUALLY MOLESEY GOT THEIR EQUALISER. THE MOLESEY STRIKER HUSSLED AN ASH DEFENDER INTO A MISTAKE AND CROSSED THE BALL FOR AN EASY TAP IN, THIS TIME THE ASH KEEPER COULD DO NOTHING TO PREVENT THE GOAL,

POSSESSION WISE, I THINK ASH WILL FEEL HARD DONE BY, BUT CREDIT TO MOLESEY TO KEEP GOING FORWARD AND COULD HAVE WON THE GAME AT THE DEATH BUT FOR THE ASH KEEPER, SO IT ENDED UP ALL EVENS, BUT IT COULD HAVE ALSO BEEN A SMASH AND GRAB BY MOLESEY.

THANK YOU MOLESEY FOR YOUR KIND HOSPITALITY AND THE FUNNY SCOTTISH LADY IN THE TEA BAR GOOD GRUB MISSUS. ALSO I MIXED IN WITH THEIR SUPPORTERS BEHIND THE GOAL THAT WAS FUN, GREAT SUPPORT WITH THE NOISIEST FANS IVE EXPERIENCED IN THE CCL, THEY DO GIVE GREAT SUPPORT FOR THEIR TEAM ALTHOUGH LIKE US ALL CRITICAL WHEN THINGS DONT GO RIGHT. MUST SAY IT WAS BETTER THAN STANDING NEXT TO ASHS' FANTASTIC SUPPORTER, HE MUST GET SORE THROAT SURELY!

JAKE F WHO IS HE ? IS HE LIKE THAT ALL THE TIME ?

Originally Posted By: TRS
Looking at the attendances from yesterday, 98 at Chertsey but it looked like about 35 to me. Rest must of stayed in the bar! Lowest crowd in either division was 20 at Cove - misprint??

.... and I wasn't there !

Chertsey Town 3 Dorking 0.

Dorking

Originally Posted By: Big J R

Sorry for the delay in posting. Being briefly at the 2nd half of another match and talking to someone in the know, I was astounded to learn some of the amounts being paid out to Chertski players.

Name some numbers then JR. I doubt any of us would be that surprised.