Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

for fecks sake...........

Richard193 - I wouldn't mind betting that you will have an eye on the Carlsberg Stadium from your vantage point at the Erith Stadium this afternoon, Southill Alexander should wipe the floor with Woburn on paper but we know it doesn't always work that way in the beautiful game.

Well before someone starts being all sarky & posting poisonous bollox, I thought I'd better put today's score up.

Southill Alexander 1-2 Woburn

We got what we deserved, Woburn played really well & we didn't, too many lazy performances that will have to change. All 3 officials had good games also. So no excuses & no need to for someone to speculate. We're all disappointed with the result & performance.

Originally Posted By: loosely

Not including 11 SAFC Officials and volunteers, 23.

Loosely - Surely that's laughable for your first ever game and taking into account Woburn must have brought some fans

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Loosely - Surely that's laughable for your first ever game and taking into account Woburn must have brought some fans

I would have thought that Tokyngton Manor dream of getting a crowd of 23.

Isn't this a case of too many cooks though for a crowd of just 23, I'm assuming that Biggleswade Town supply the bar staff and clean the dressing rooms and stadium afterwards so what would there be to do for eleven Officials.

I thought that you had been involved in helping to run a football club at one point Rhodes, your opinion makes this doubtful. 23, 123, 1123 attendance - there are still roughly the same amount of tasks when you have a full facility groundshare agreement and take your responsibilities seriously not just to whoever visits but also to your landlord to ensure the security, health and safety at their stadium and reputation.

Let me talk you through managing a stadium like the Carlsberg on a matchday as you seem to be unaware:-

From 11 officials and volunteers - one person on the turnstile, one person on the front reception door to welcome teams, match officials and visiting committee members, two people to turn on water heaters, open Boardroom and Office, turn on hot water boiler and put coffee on in Boardroom, put programmes in changing rooms (Home, Away and referees), turn on lights in player

Loosely - Thanks for that very informative reply, I can't find any fault with it at all and wouldn't wish to although it is actually the norm at Step 5, 6 and 7 level for just one or two individuals to carry out all the tasks you so comprehensively describe, as was the case when I was at Haringey Borough and Kentish Town. It will be interesting to see whether other members, particularly if they are on their own Club's Committee and chief cook and bottle washer themselves, agree.

They have one or two people to man a turnstile and act as ballboy Rhodes? What about all the other tasks Rhodes? Thats your two people tied up already.

You do seem to be finding fault with us if we are making an effort to try and do things well, not just inadequately as you seem to subscribe to. No wonder you are no longer involved at any official or volunteer capacity in football.