Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results - Sat 12/09/09

CTS

Camberley make it six out of six with 2-0 win at Colliers Wood United. Scorers Ronnie Green on 11m and John Swift 48m

Butts HVFC, I thought Ash United were playing at Uxbridge in the FA Cup today

Edited by KPNut

1 3 Banstead Athletic v Raynes Park Vale

Merland Rise

0 2 Colliers Wood United v Camberley Town

Wibbandune Sports Ground

2 4 Croydon v Bookham

Croydon Arena

1 3 Dorking v Sandhurst Town

Meadowbank Stadium

2 2 Egham Town v North Greenford United

Runnymede Stadium

1 3 Wembley v Epsom & Ewell

Vale Farm

EL Records Premier Challenge Cup 1st Round

CB Hounslow Utd 4-1 Eversley

EL Records Premier Challenge Cup 2nd Round

Coulsdon United 0-5 South Park

Division 1

Cobham 3-1 Farleigh Rovers

Feltham 2-5 Farnham Town

Frimley Green 3-1 Crescent Rovers

Knaphill 3-3 Mole Valley SCR

Sheerwater 7-1 Croydon Municipal

Warlingham 1-0 Westfield

Worcester Park 3-2 Chobham

Ash lose out to an injury time winner scored by Ryan O'Toole whose scored four 2nd half goals for Uxbridge. Ash lead 2-0 at halftime & in control but Uxbridge hit back strongly & go 3-2 up before Ash draw level. A good game with lots of action shame that the referee & 1 assistant have had shockers which was back up by Uxbridge officials after the game as well, but good luck to Uxbridge in their cup run & well played to all those players in green you did the club proud today

Knaphill 3 Mole Valley SCR 3

0-0 at half time with The Knappers shading it in the first half. New signing Bradley Cann scores on his debut 1-0, SCR equalise with a twice taken spot kick then they take the lead, 2-1, Hogsden for Knaphill equalises from the spot 2-2 then Hogsden again puts the knappers in front, 3-2 before Jay 'i score for fun' Holden makes it 3-3 with his second.

Knappers put SCR under a lot of pressure towards the end to try and get grab the winner but had to settle for the point.

A good hardworking performance from Knaphill despite missing five regulars through injury and suspension. Still got a lot of hardwork to do if we are going to be up there come April/May.

Not that much impressed with SCR, however i think they will be up at the end of the season. Only thing is, if Holden gets injured, who will score there goals???

Edited by Trentender

My apologies for texting an incorrect score to TRS yesterday afternoon.

Dorking 1 - Sandhurst Town 3.

Sandhurst Town came to Dorking on Saturday with a 100% record in the league, having won all 5 of their league games to date, conceding only 2 goals in the process, so Dorking manager Tony Webb knew that his side would have to be on top form if they were to get anything from the encounter.

And although Sandhurst emerged once more victorious, Dorking will feel that they had matched their high flying opponents for much of the game and that on another day, could have taken points from the game.

Dorking had conceded an 89th minute equaliser in the midweek game against Guildford City, in their second consecutive draw, but that did not seem to have knocked the Chicks confidence as Dorking started the game in lively fashion, this being despite missing several first team regulars including striker Junior Gymiah who was serving the second match of his three match ban for his FA Cup sending off versus Horley Town.

Indeed Dorking could have taken a surprise lead on 10 minutes, great work from Phil Page seeing a driven cross from near the corner flag, new signing Joe Loyza heading a bullet header just over the bar from the edge of the 6 yard box with the keeper beaten.

Possession in the first half was even, with the Dorking defence marshalling the dangerous Sandhurst attack well, but a moment of lack of concentration cost Dorking on 40 minutes, a perfect cross being met by Dan Simmonds who had stepped back from his marking defender to head neatly past the diving Dan Coote in the Dorking goal. Dorking thought they had equalised on the stroke of half time when Phil Page found the net, but the referee had pulled the game back for a foul to Dorking on the centre line and the effort was ruled out.

Dorking started the second half the brighter side, with Phil Page flashing a shot across the Sandhurst goal on 49 minutes, but Dorking could not capitalise on their possession and the game lapsed once more into an even contest. The next goal was always going to be crucial and it fell to the lively Sandhurst no. 9 Simmonds, his shot through a crowded penalty box following a corner eluding Coote and going in off the post.

Dorking were back in the game with 10 minutes to go though, a curling Dan Clayton corner finding the net off a deflection from a Sandhurst defender but the expected Dorking onslaught never really came, and when James Mepham grabbed his sides third goal of the game, the game was over, Mepham clinically finishing a fast Sandhurst break although Coote in the Dorking goal will perhaps feel he could have just turned the ball round the post if he had not slipped at a crucial time.

Dorking are in FA Vase action next weekend when Chicks travel to Sussex County League side Lancing for a 3pm kick off. If that game is a draw, then the replay will be at Meadowbank, Dorking on Tuesday 22 September, kick off 7-45pm, if the Lancing game produces a winner at the first time of asking, Dorking will instead entertain Farleigh Rovers in the first round of the EL Records Premier Cup, the league cup for the CCL.

(Team to follow.)

Edited by Big J R

Butts HVFC, I thought Ash United were playing at Uxbridge in the FA Cup today

Yeah i am sorry i made a complete [****!!****] up. has other things on my mind , nothing dirty .

Sorry BJR, it was James Mepham who got the second goal, not Simmo

My apologies TC.

I don't actually do the match report. Much too busy with other things on the day.

I will certainly pass your correction to 'the powers that be', as this report will/might be used in the local press.

Were you at the game ?

Sorry BJR, it was James Mepham who got the second goal, not Simmo

My apologies TC.

I don't actually do the match report. Much too busy with other things on the day.

I will certainly pass your correction to 'the powers that be', as this report will/might be used in the local press.

Were you at the game ?

No problem BJR, I knew you did not write it and guessed you would inform them.

I was warming the bench on Saturday, not that it needed much warming. Caught the sun a abit!

Slightly off topic, but on consulting my NLP I see that the second Merstham goal against Ramsgate yesterday was scored by Daniel Bennett. Not the ex-Dorking Dan Bennett I assume El Gaffer/Bommie?

Yes TRS, the same one

Interesting! Well done on the good start by the way. Into the play-off places I see. Ramsgate is always a difficult place to go from my experience with Wimbledon, don't think we ever came away with the 3 points.