Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Replays

Trentender

Following the request by the Irish FA to replay there World Cup Qualifier against France which was turned down by FIFA, one of our players pointed out on Saturday that why was the Sheerwater vs Knaphill league game replayed last year following a decision taken by the match official on the day which FIFA state 'referee's decision is final', see below.

The Fifa statement continued: "As is clearly mentioned in the laws of the game, during matches, decisions are taken by the referee and these decisions are final."

A Fifa source had earlier said: "There is no way the game can be replayed. To do so would cause absolute chaos for football. If it was replayed, then every match in the future would also be subject to these calls for a replay any time a referee misses an incident.

"You have to have a rule that says the referee's judgement is always right."

However Sheerwater appealed to the CCL to get the game replayed which they obliged, gave in, bent the rules, make it up as they go along? and the match was replayed at Woking FC where Knaphill won 2-0. Knaphill won the previous game 3-2 and i know there was a similar game replayed between Wembley and ???? The match official made a decision about a penalty which went against Sheerwater.

Are we missing something here?

Just go to show that there is no consistancy in football. The governing bodies and league pipe on about clubs doing this, doing that, i think they need to look at themselves.

Also if say a Knaphill player gets sent off on Saturday why does he either have to wait say two weeks for his suspension to come through, then say another two weeks for it to take place and either miss two games or two weeks of football.

If you were a player playing in the Premiership or Championship and you got sent off on Saturday you would automatically miss the next game(s).

Again no consistancy.

Thoughts please

On both those occaasions the Referee made a call that was incorrect in law. The match referee did no see the incident so made no call. Small technical difference.

Trentender,you are totally wrong on your first point.The Referee incorrectly applied the laws of the game in the Knaphill v Sheerwater game,thats why the game was replayed.If my memory serves me right,he awarded a free kick to Knaphill for an encroachment by a Sheerwater player at a Penalty kick,the said Penalty should have been retaken by Sheerwater,and this is the reason the game was replayed.As for following all rules regarding bookings,sending offs,that are aplied in the Premiership,ther is neither the personnel nor money to do this.Shall we apply all criteria from higher up,like ground grading,lights,4th Officials,stands,I think your answer would be No I think.

Krooner has, as usual, summed things up very nicely

Would you really expect anything else ??

:coffee (2):

Also if say a Knaphill player gets sent off on Saturday why does he either have to wait say two weeks for his suspension to come through, then say another two weeks for it to take place and either miss two games or two weeks of football.

If you were a player playing in the Premiership or Championship and you got sent off on Saturday you would automatically miss the next game(s).

Again no consistancy.

Thoughts please

I wouldn't be surprised to see this implemented at Step 5/6 level at some point in the near future. Mark Ives certainly suggested at the start of the season that his long term plan was to have all levels of football working from the same discplinary rulebook.

Thoughts please

I'm afraid its the administration time it take to process the whole procedures of suspensions, fines, etc etc.

If your Club Sec is up to speed on his job, he can always liase direct with your F.A. by telephone. In the past, I have always found the Surry F.A. most helpful on such matters.