Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Are Sky Sports,and Premier League Killing Non League.

Smudge

After watching an Enthralling game at the Arena tonight in which Badshot Lea ran out 3-2 winners.I have reached the following conclusions people today would rather sit in the comfort of their front room watching,Arsenal,Chelsea,Man Utd,Liverpool,than support their local side.Premiership players they will never meet,who could not give a damn about the mugs who pay their wages.Lavish lifestyles that are so far removed from ordinary peoples lives,sometimes I think I'M IN A DREAM WORLD.As against local players playing for local teams,that you can chat too,have a beer with who pay out to play. Example:Ground hire £191,Refs Fees £109,Food £30,total £330 Income Gate Receipts £8,Net Loss £292.Good job we do not have to supply Prawn Sandwiches,and if you win a Cup what do you get a CUP, No Financial Reward.Solution to any Non League Team, get Knocked out in the 1 st round of any Cup you have to enter thus saving your Club £1000S OF POUNDS.So proud of the Municipal players tonight,who made Badshot Lea work so hard for their victory,and to Badshot for their good spirit in which the game was played,and lastly to the Officials who let the game go ahead on a snow covered pitch.The groundstaff at the Arena for brushing the lines,and keeping the ground in immaculate condition all season.

Is this level any different to the Premier League ?

Overinflated players wages, silly prices to get in too watch your local side (mainly because of over inflated wages), silly running costs (yes Smudgey that does include Officials fees)

Sounds just like the Premier League.

Bring back the days that your local sides were full of local players who really cared about the club rather than nicking a quick buck. We at Cambo are as guilty as the next side but in our defence we are trying to bring youth players through. Be interesting to know the ratio of local players in each side in the CCL Prem and Div 1 and how many have players who have been with the club for more than, say, 2 seasons.

Well said Kroons ! As usual another well balanced response.

Why worry about 'Sky' for coverage when we've already got our very own excellent TRS ?

:smilie_flagguk:

Well said Kroons ! As usual another well balanced response.

Why worry about 'Sky' for coverage when we've already got our very own excellent TRS ?

smilie_flagguk.gif

Bit like sex though better to be involved in the action live than watching others on film.T.R.S.does an excellent job,just need a bit of commentary now.Post video analysis.

Overinflated players wages, silly prices to get in too watch your local side (mainly because of over inflated wages), silly running costs (yes Smudgey that does include Officials fees)

Bring back the days that your local sides were full of local players who really cared about the club rather than nicking a quick buck. We at Cambo are as guilty as the next side but in our defence we are trying to bring youth players through. Be interesting to know the ratio of local players in each side in the CCL Prem and Div 1 and how many have players who have been with the club for more than, say, 2 seasons.

Two Points. One about the fact that The Premier League is killing Non League. That's rubbish. Intrest in football is only what it is due to Premier League. The real problem is when the Champions League is on ITV and you are at home. Gates at all levels of the Non-League pyrimid nose dive.

Secondally Cobham are side made up in majority of those who have come through the youth system, myself included although I wouldn't say i've come all the way through yet seeing as i'm still in it, but the rest of the players who haven't come through the youth system have been at the club for a long time. The problem with bringing people through the youth system for Cobham are that a lot of players are tempted by Woking when they get to 16 so we lose a lot of players but those who can see past it are better off and make there way through the reserves and to the first team. 7 of the starting 11 against CB Hounslow had been developed through the youth team. Three others were new additions this season and one had been at the club for a couple of years. It's a good record to have and a lot of the players truely care about the club and its future.

Very good Whitby but, and this isnt really a criticism, why do you. It is because all the players left 2 years ago and the club had no money to bring anyone in and had to use you guys so the club has to be thankful for such a good youth set up. Perhaps they should have made more of it before it was really needed to dig the club out of the sh1t ?

Again no criticism jsut stating the facts.

Looking at our first team squad for Saturday provides the following information:

1) 13 of the 14 live within 2 miles of the ground (the other lives around 5 miles away).

2) Only 1 of the 14 is a new player this season.

Several of this squad have played for us since they were youngsters and we were playing in the Aldershot & District League Division 2 a few years ago.

Daniel

Eversley FC

Two Points. One about the fact that The Premier League is killing Non League. That's rubbish. Intrest in football is only what it is due to Premier League. The real problem is when the Champions League is on ITV and you are at home. Gates at all levels of the Non-League pyrimid nose dive.

Anything to avoid the (so called) Champions League. A competition that reflects everything that is wrong with top level football today. No interest in it.

When I was a kid, FA Cup final day was the football equivalent of Christmas Day. Now it's just another live match on the telly. Such a shame.

I've lost interest in top level football through TV overkill, overpaid prima donnas, overpriced tickets, soulless stadiums, corporate fans etc etc etc.

Thank the lord for non-league football! :hooooray:

Dont think anyone combined counties team can beat the loyalty of our player manager, whose now nearing 700games for the club in one long spell, maybe he could have been more if he could talk to match officials better & not kept collecting the cards, but we at the club wouldn't want him any other way

Indeed AUPostie and actually there are not enough of those sort of people around. Sticking with one club through thick and thin rather than chasing an extra £10 somewhere else.

FYI he actually left Ash United and had a brief spell at Bracknell town but couldnt cut it at that level so came back about 3 months later..... I was actually the longest serving player at the club until i joined Cove in july 2008.

But YES he has got the all time record for the most appearances for Ash United (from 2 spells at the club).

Probably the most consistent right back in the ccl in the past 13 years. Shame he had no pace!! Probably would have played higher!!

Anything to avoid the (so called) Champions League. A competition that reflects everything that is wrong with top level football today. No interest in it.

When I was a kid, FA Cup final day was the football equivalent of Christmas Day. Now it's just another live match on the telly. Such a shame.

I've lost interest in top level football through TV overkill, overpaid prima donnas, overpriced tickets, soulless stadiums, corporate fans etc etc etc.

Quite agree TRS !!

I have, for my sins, supported Chelsea since 1958, both through thick and thin, though I admit to not having been to The Bridge FOR A MATCH for many years.

Only Grand-son is a 'Blues' supporter, and his Dad, (Liverpool supporter), took him up to Stamford Bridge for a top match last season for a birthday treat.

Total cost for the day, including a meal, etc ?

£150.

I admit to not being able to afford such prices.

FYI he actually left Ash United and had a brief spell at Bracknell town but couldnt cut it at that level so came back about 3 months later..... I was actually the longest serving player at the club until i joined Cove in july 2008.

But YES he has got the all time record for the most appearances for Ash United (from 2 spells at the club).

Probably the most consistent right back in the ccl in the past 13 years. Shame he had no pace!! Probably would have played higher!!

Well i did forget that very short spell but it was that short thought he was just under suspension

Quite agree TRS !!

I have, for my sins, supported Chelsea since 1958, both through thick and thin, though I admit to not having been to The Bridge FOR A MATCH for many years.

Only Grand-son is a 'Blues' supporter, and his Dad, (Liverpool supporter), took him up to Stamford Bridge for a top match last season for a birthday treat.

£150.

Came across an old ticket from 1998, Arsenal v Wimbledon - adult seat in Highbury Clock End £14.50. What would an away seat at the Emirates be today? 3 times that I would guess. Not sure my salary has increased by three times in the last 12 years!!

Thank the lord for non-league football! hooooray.gif

Quite agree TRS !!

£150.

Came across an old ticket from 1998, Arsenal v Wimbledon - adult seat in Highbury Clock End £14.50. What would an away seat at the Emirates be today? 3 times that I would guess. Not sure my salary has increased by three times in the last 12 years!!

£46 Cheapest seat for Burnley Game,40,000 people on Season Ticket waiting list.