Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I see Pitchero

I rarely visit the Official CCL Website as it is seldom up to date - I guess the same people who update that would need to update Pitchero.

On the contrary, the unofficial CCL Website is nearly always up to date - it even has last nights postponed matches.

Not sure who keep the unofficial one updated - but they are far more on the ball.

CCL Unofficial Site

I rarely visit the Official CCL Website as it is seldom up to date - I guess the same people who update that would need to update Pitchero.

On the contrary, the unofficial CCL Website is nearly always up to date - it even has last nights postponed matches.

Not sure who keep the unofficial one updated - but they are far more on the ball.

CCL Unofficial Site

The unofficial one's fine. It's done by a fella called Reg. I don't know if he's involved with any club in the league or not. The Mitoo pages for the league are alright as well even though they try to redirect you to the Goalrun section everytime you go to the homepage.

http://www.football.mitoo.co.uk/News.cfm?LeagueCode=COMC2009

If you don't know your way around Mitoo it can be a bit of a struggle at first but once you get the knack it's fairly easy to navigate around everything. You can't switch between leagues easily though.

the unofficial site is good, but transfers are way out of date. the official site seems a waste of time.

there are a few clubs, that have sites, but dont try to promote there clubs, by having out of date information.

we should do an award for best / worst website.:smilie_flagguk:

Reg was/is? a supporter at Ashford Town (Mx) who started up the unofficial site long before the League had their own. I am sure his info comes from Whitelaw, same as it goes to all secretaries etc.

He is just incredibly efficient at keeping it up to date -apart from transfers. In earlier days there have even been cases of the Official site having one league table and Reg another. Reg's was always the right one.

Why don't the league adopt Reg's site as the official one and pay him an annual retainer for updating/modernising?

A poor official league or club website reflects badly on the league or club IMHO in this day and age.

We moved to Club Website a week ago and we have had over 1,000 hits already.

Our basic and humble original site had over 40,000 hits last calendar year before closing!!!

Re club websites, I think most CCL clubs do pretty well given that one man and his dog run many clubs and little money to pay administrators.

Those clubs that actually do their own (ie not pitchero/clubwebsite etc etc) are doing especially well.

As the league do an annual programme award, could they not do something similar for club websites?

Thats the thing - with the new pitchero template its far easier to keeo up to date. You literally type and submit. A lot of clubs use Pitchero and submit the scores themselves. I normally spend an hour every sunday when the bulletin comes out updating the div one and reserve divison scores and fixtures

Just to confirm that the unofficial site is indeed run by Reg Miles who is a friend of mine. He takes his information from the weekly bulletins (which incidentally I am more than happy to email direct to anyone who wants them, who doesn't get them at the moment) and performs a great service, including alerting me to any errors he spots.

The lack of transfer information is down to me I'm afraid as most of my available time has been spent recently in re-arranging fixtures! I will try to get the info on the bulletin (and thus on to Reg's site) up to date asap.

Mittoo, as mentioned, is also usually up to date. The League is currently evaluating the possibility of adopting a Pitchero site.

Just to confirm that the unofficial site is indeed run by Reg Miles who is a friend of mine. He takes his information from the weekly bulletins (which incidentally I am more than happy to email direct to anyone who wants them, who doesn't get them at the moment) and performs a great service, including alerting me to any errors he spots.

The lack of transfer information is down to me I'm afraid as most of my available time has been spent recently in re-arranging fixtures! I will try to get the info on the bulletin (and thus on to Reg's site) up to date asap.

Mittoo, as mentioned, is also usually up to date. The League is currently evaluating the possibility of adopting a Pitchero site.

Whitelaw,no apologies needed you do an excellent job as fixture Secretary,and it is much appreciated by me personally.The problem is a bit like this site,too many people who expect something for nothing.You put in your time like Ian W. Does to run an excellent service,but the Freeloaders cannot put their hands in their pockets to pay £5 ,A bit like the Bars at most Clubs,they the players take there wedge an run,this site has many Tight Kents

that I have tried to embarass into paying up,but once a Tight Kent always a Tight Kent,and they are the biggest moaners.Sign of the Times I am afraid SOMETHING FOR NOTHING.