Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results tue 23 feb

Love it, you made it sound like some advert trailer. I read that with some dramatic voice over man in my head :smilewinkgrin:

Quite right NICE GUY Camberley at the moment look pretty poor, last night the first half it was all Wembley who you rightly say are the form team at the moment, the last 7 games they have won 6 and drawn 1. With Ian Bates running the midfield for them and a couple of useful lads up front they look a very compact side and could shock a lot of people. The second half was a bit more even although we didn't really create a clear cut chance the only one being a Ronnie Green shot that hit the post in the first half. It all got a bit niggly and a rush of yellow cards came towards the latter stages for both sides. A bit of a handbag confrontation on the final whistle did not enhance the proceedings either.

Edited by Flint700

I wouldn't call him our star player. He did well considering he ran a half marathon on Sun without training for it (but then he is a bit mental like that!!). Haha....mmm a shinner well inside the box would be why Spence smashfreakb.gif

Just felt we put you guys under more pressure than you did us (corner count, goal kicks, throws into box etc would back that up), but as you say we were just lacking a bit in the final third for once and as I've already said it's goals that win you games.

ok well one of your better players, wasnt counting the throw ins, corners, etc to busy sulking cos i didnt start due to the A3 traffic then cheering myself up with bench banter. Ure right about the shinner tho, hes actually tried to convince us he flicked it up (a la Matt Le Tissier) and volleyed it over the stranded keeper, more a mis controlled knee shin roll, but they all count. Anyway good luck in the league, youve got a good footballing side. Oh and good penalty save, now ive got more chance of catching Barry in the goalscoring chart.

Yeah he certainly has been this season and if he had half a footballing brain would be at a higher level imo. Ha heard the traffic was somewhat bad! Haha he sounds like Johnno with his goal descriptions, but as you say they all count and that won it for you.

Thanks, if we can keep the side together then think we can go on and do well. Hopefully we will both be in with a shout of promotion come the end of the season and no worries, you can buy me a drink next time ha!

Haha, yeah wouldve brought you 2 had u not thwarted my near post shot which im sure young whutby wouldve parried in.

I wouldn't call him our star player. He did well considering he ran a half marathon on Sun without training for it (but then he is a bit mental like that!!). Haha....mmm a shinner well inside the box would be why Spence :smashfreakb:

Just felt we put you guys under more pressure than you did us (corner count, goal kicks, throws into box etc would back that up), but as you say we were just lacking a bit in the final third for once and as I've already said it's goals that win you games.

Is your 'star player' hes referring to as the tall blonde hair fellow?? And tbh Cobhams form is dipping at times atm considering some players you supposedly have! what do you take that down to Jurgs? Lack of experience throughout the whole team/club, or just on the match day itself...sometimes things dont go for a team, can happen at any level! (not trying to slate any club etc just seems interesting some of the games you have lost/points dropped)

Yeah it was FOF! Yeah you're right it has at times since the start of the year and we dropped points at the wrong time having gone on a long unbeaten run in the league (14 games I think). Who are the players we supposedly have as not really that much different to last season except a few.

It's no secret we have a very young side with the exception being me - 4 starters last night were 18 or under - so yeah we do lack experience especially from front to back. I missed all 3 games we dropped points so read into that what you want, but I wasn't the only one missing/injured so it just didnt go for us in those games.

think I either mistyped/you miss read my 'players you have.' i heard simply you have same team as last season parting one here or there squad wise, so just thought performances/results be better than they r, though they r good!! if you r missing when they r dropping points could be a link there? need 'older' head barking orders and encouragement from back, think the team lacks not maybe age but certainly physical presence, some players are great on the ball but unfortunately at this level its not always the way to win games!!! thoguh if i asked to have a footballing team or one which was full of runners (like the blonde man) i would go for football any day!

... the first half it was all Wembley who you rightly say are the form team at the moment, the last 7 games they have won 6 and drawn 1.

Croydon have lost their last 6 on the trot. Saturday's fixture? Wembley v Croydon!!! Away win anyone???? :(

no complaints about the result after our second half performance. Thought we we looked comfortable first half and scored a superb goal. However slack marking second half cost us once again. Must say what an absolute [censored] that Razor spence is........ How do you put up with him Brunty ( good goal by the way)

Must say what an absolute [censored] that Razor spence is........Totally agree, very good player but absolute tool...elbowed and punched our young right back, then threatened to stab everyone after the game. In the home game got sent off because he weren't getting his own way so verbally abused the lino.

no complaints about the result after our second half performance. Thought we we looked comfortable first half and scored a superb goal. However slack marking second half cost us once again. Must say what an absolute [censored] that Razor spence is........ How do you put up with him Brunty ( good goal by the way)

Cheers NLN - whats your role at WF? you should have said hello.

With regard to Spence i think he has 17 goals and 17 assists in 15 games so not a bad return! - he does have a temper on him but just put that to one side. just glad he is on my team!

Assistant mate although we have more management than players it seems ( i was in yellow jacket). Your right he's an outstanding player- as is Neville Roach. Thought Wattsy did well against him as very clever player.

Unfortunatley booting the ball at us in the dugout isnt the wisest thing to do. I'm sure he'll wind up the wrong opposition one day ( if he hasnt already) Anyway if you attack like that as you did second half your be there or there abouts ( and maybe find a keeper! ) As for us we are sliding at an alarming rate!

I toddled along to HW last night too - Real shame about young master Spence if what you say about any 'afters' is true.

On the field and on song like he was for most of last night, he's almost unplayable at this level.

Big piece in the prog from LK about biting your lip when not liking what the officials have done - seem like it was written specifically with Ray in mind.

Then again there was a bit of a rumpus near FT too involving both benches - after he'd gone off?

Anyway - he's been pretty special at the level immediately above too - but allegedly no-one will take a risk on him higher still - though he's definitely 'got it' and has been there before.

Him and Roachy last night were the difference - although the little Westfield forward (Lorenzo) was causing lots of problems especially first half. The Westfield goal was very well worked too.

Overall I thought the HW defence looked shakey and GK was especially wobbly - but I sympathize cos the ball was like a bar of soap in those conditions - I made an complete @rse of myself trying to field a particularly wild clearance towards the bushes! :doh:

... but I was wearing big soggy Mitten Gloves !:118:

Thought HW equalizer was a bit cruel - seemed as if a clearance took a wild ricochet back towards goal where it was very well finished by Ray - hadn't noticed it was an intentional back-pass.

Thought Westfield battled on really well - unlike on Sat where i saw them 'jack it in' a bit @ Worcs Pk.

There was an underlying 'nasty' air developing throughout the game and in the 2nd half the officials didn't appear to be helping it much - some very bizarre decisions.

Once Ray got his Yellow Card 1/2 way through the first half for 'back-chat', I was sure he was a Red waiting to happen but his team mates could be heard telling him they wanted to win with him not without. Had the desired effect in that he stayed on til subbed and was instrumental in the outcome.

Thought the big No 10 had a good game too (Francis?)

With regard to Spence i think he has 17 goals and 17 assists in 15 games so not a bad return! - he does have a temper on him but just put that to one side. just glad he is on my team!

Assistant mate although we have more management than players it seems ( i was in yellow jacket). Your right he's an outstanding player- as is Neville Roach. Thought Wattsy did well against him as very clever player.

Unfortunatley booting the ball at us in the dugout isnt the wisest thing to do. I'm sure he'll wind up the wrong opposition one day ( if he hasnt already) Anyway if you attack like that as you did second half your be there or there abouts ( and maybe find a keeper! ) As for us we are sliding at an alarming rate!

They are quality and that's why it has been so frustrating last few weeks the boys up top just stopped hitting the back of the net. If they are both on song then they will score for fun.

Yeah I've enjoyed playing against him twice this season previous whilst at Feltham. Strong, quick and a very intelligent player. Aalthough the result for us was bad I really enjoyed the game. Well all apart from two or three stupid ocassions in the second half where players from both sides were giving out childish death threats to easch other!

We need to turn our first half performance into a full 90 minute one and then confidence will grow and we can pick up results! Although recently we've faced the 'top' sides theres been no excuse for the batterings recieved. We have alot of games coming up against teams in and around us where they'll be crucial!!

It was certainly a tight game in the first half. Felt in some ways as if was going to be like that for the duration! And of course it was nearly 5-1 (Well, it would have been if deliberate handballs were allowed, but... ;) )

The 'ball to dugout' incident wasn't nice. In no way defending such behaviour, I should point out in the balance of some sort of fairness that I could hear how the player was being provoked from my position on the opposite side of the pitch (when I wasn't planning how not to end up knee-deep in the mud...)

It was definatly a handball Mewcenary, I've no idea what the officials were thinking in the comedy act that followed in deciding haha. A very similar innciedent happened when I play you guys (at the same end too) before Christmas with Feltham, but it stood

http://hartleywintney.football4ever.co.uk/video/gallery/4th-goal-v-Feltham-first-team

Still and good game but I wouldn't say Spence was being taunted, it was him doing everything because he couldn't get his way with the officials. I got on with him fine, had a laugh and a chat when the game stopped for injuries etc

Edited by Wattsy

It was definatly a handball Mewcenary, I've no idea what the officials were thinking in the comedy act that followed in deciding haha. A very similar innciedent happened when I play you guys (at the same end too) before Christmas with Feltham, but it stood

http://hartleywintney.football4ever.co.uk/video/gallery/4th-goal-v-Feltham-first-team

Still and good game but I wouldn't say Spence was being taunted, it was him doing everything because he couldn't get his way with the officials. I got on with him fine, had a laugh and a chat when the game stopped for injuries etc

Hi Wattsy, I was the assistant who gave the handball. It was a bit confusing because I thought after flagging the ref had blown for it... but had instead not noticed me and given the goal. Had to have a chat with him to explain the reason for the flag. I can assure you my decision was definite I just wanted him to know I wasn't just trying to get rid of cramp or something ;)

Ah haha. I was the defender talking to you most of the second half haha. Nothing personal when I had a go but the Ref told me he'd decided it wasn't a handball and didn't care what you'd flagged for but then two seconds later he said 'ermm ok I'm just going to double check what my assistant was flagging for' haha very odd

Ah haha. I was the defender talking to you most of the second half haha. Nothing personal when I had a go but the Ref told me he'd decided it wasn't a handball and didn't care what you'd flagged for but then two seconds later he said 'ermm ok I'm just going to double check what my assistant was flagging for' haha very odd

Wattsy, if you're not careful you'll get yourself known by the all refs - like Eddy

Thinking of Ed - he must be loaded this year as he hasn't been playing lol

Edited by WackoJackoUK

I thought that might have been you ;) I love the banter so no issues from here. After all, I knew all my offside calls were perfect... ;)

Not aimed at either side here, but part of the reason cries of 'offside lino!!!" roll off my back are you always get this:

1. Ball is kicked. Everyone is on side.

2. Attacker runs FAST through the line.

3. By the time the defenders look round, he is several yards past them...

Or a defender in the middle only looks at ME and therefore misses his team-mate on the opposite side of the pitch playing the attacker on by about a double decker bus...

I still love it :)

I thought that might have been you wink.gif I love the banter so no issues from here. After all, I knew all my offside calls were perfect... wink.gif

Not aimed at either side here, but part of the reason cries of 'offside lino!!!" roll off my back are you always get this:

Or a defender in the middle only looks at ME and therefore misses his team-mate on the opposite side of the pitch playing the attacker on by about a double decker bus...

I still love it smile.gif

Mewcenary tell it as it is,what your really saying is a Cruise Liner is quicker than Wattsy in turning.cheesy%20(2).gif

Mawcenary - im the HW captain - did you inculde the Ray Spence ball /dugout thing in your report i heard you guys say you would give a second yellow for that even tho he was subbed!!>?

I believe a report is being made but I can't really add much more as I had no involvement in the incident itself (I couldn't have been much further away!). HW manager/secretary has been given the usual misconduct sheet.

Please note that a substitute or substituted player is still under the jurisdiction of the referee and may be cautioned, dismissed etc in the same manner as a player who is on the field. As this wasn't done at the time (player unavailable?) it has to be done via a misconduct report.

I know that whole incident was contentious and there is upset involved, so that combined with the fact I was not 'involved' due to my position means I can't really comment any further than that. I will ALWAYS explain my decisions to players etc but in this case I'm somewhat powerless.

I thought that might have been you wink.gif I love the banter so no issues from here. After all, I knew all my offside calls were perfect... wink.gif

I still love it smile.gif

Mewcenary tell it as it is,what your really saying is a Cruise Liner is quicker than Wattsy in turning.cheesy%20(2).gif

Oi cheeky kent :smashfreakb:

I may have lost some of my pace but I'm still no snail, beat Spence Tuesday a couple of times in a foot race, mind you he won a couple more haha