Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Tue 02 Mar

Smudges Report on Warlingham v Hartley Witney.One of the best 0-0 draws I have seen in years.Passion ,Desire,And a will to Win from both sides.The game however was changed by the most inept Officials I have seen this year,either no bottle or inept.Explaination,Player A Studs Player B in thigh,causing serious lacerations,Player B then kicks player A,But player A then Retaliates by Headbutting Player B causing serious swelling to his Eye.Refs Decision with the help of LINESMAN who was busy all night,A Yellow for Player B,A yellow for Player A but because he had already got a Yellow,he was sent from field of play,as 2 Yellows make A Red,1 Match BAN.2 outstanding Saves by Hartley keeper Tom Lovett early in the 2nd half kept them in the game,Brunty is he your Reserve keeper,Ian Daniels your No 5 was outstanding is he your Reserve No 5.Danny Cecil,James Cecil,Gareth 'Ginge' Williams,and Warlinghams Right Back were outstanding,when they get some fire power they will be hard to beat.

I was also at this one last night and as a neutral I have to agree that it was one of the better 0-0s I have seen. I also agree with Smudge in so much as if the officials saw the full sequence of events outlined above then there really is no excuse not to give a straight red card for the headbutt.

Warlingham were definitely the better side, in my opinion, when it was 11 v 11. Once they were down to 10 it looked like they were quite happy to settle for the draw. I always feel that it is a mistake by teams to change their approach like this as it just opened them up to sustained HW pressure which they just about survived, whereas if they had continued playing as they had been I suspect it would have been slightly more comfortable for them.

All in all one of the best games I have watched in this division over the years.

The Moatside was in good nick last night,although it did cut up a bit.Well done to The Groundstaff for their hard work.

Doubly good effort considering the state it was in after Warlingham's Saturday game. Whereas some grounds don't seem to own a fork with which to drain a puddle!

South Park 2-1 Cobham

First off great facilities at South Park, for the pitch to look how it did at this stage of the season is fantastic.

Onto the game and first half we had all the ball but did nothing with it. South Park went a goal up through a cross that was hooked towards goal and just crept in off the post. From where I was sitting it looked to be going confortably wide so was shocked to see it go in off the post. We dominated the second half and I would say played our best 'football' of the season but again showed little cutting edge until Ramsay ran through and lobbed the Goalkeeper. Then things got a little strange. We became our worst enemy and gave away free kicks at every opportunity and then gave away a crazy penatly when our player wrestled with South Park striker as ball was coming into the box. Although Jurg says it definatly wasn't a penalty others on the pitch said it acctually was a penalty but I didn't see it as I was watching the ball. Pen was scored

Then the sending off which I also missed but when I came on I asked linesman who said Jurg has a nibble at the players leg and had to go for inproper conduct. Game finished 2-1 but how we didn't get a least a point I will never know but we can't keep saying we played better than them and losing. Chobham on Saturday has now become a lot tougher!

Sandhurst 0 Camberley 2

Close game, both teams didn't create many clear cut chances, but when they did Cambo took them and Sandhurst didn't. We came close just before half time, but then Cambo went down the other end and scored. Second half still even and we won a penalty which was skied and still waiting for for the ball to come down!!! Started chasing the game and Cambo hit us on the counter attack. Young left winger, rapid, only 17 I'm told. Nice dribble from the hlaf way line, beat the defender and slotted past our goalie.

Ref had a decent game, although he must have been bored with the Cambo No.8 who was constantly 'talking' to him during the game.

HI TC

WAS THERE ALSO LAST NIGHT WATCHING 2 GOOD TEAMS.

MUST ADMIT THAT WAS A FAIR RUN DOWN OF THE GAME. YES, IT WAS A TIGHT AFFAIR WITH FEW CHANCES BUT CAMBERLEY HAVING TAKING THERE'S AND SANDHURST DIDN'T, THEY EVEN MISSED A PENALTY, A DREADFUL ONE AT THAT ! HAD THAT GONE IN WHO KNOWS BUT IT DIDN'T WHICH KEEPS THE CCL PREMIER TITLE CHASE STILL ALIVE.

WHAT WAS YOUR OPINION OF THE GAME VPCTFC ? STILL KEEPING THE PRESSURE ON NGU WHO WILL SLIP UP FIRST !

Edited by NICE GUY

South Park 2-1 Cobham

First off great facilities at South Park, for the pitch to look how it did at this stage of the season is fantastic.

Onto the game and first half we had all the ball but did nothing with it. South Park went a goal up through a cross that was hooked towards goal and just crept in off the post. From where I was sitting it looked to be going confortably wide so was shocked to see it go in off the post. We dominated the second half and I would say played our best 'football' of the season but again showed little cutting edge until Ramsay ran through and lobbed the Goalkeeper. Then things got a little strange. We became our worst enemy and gave away free kicks at every opportunity and then gave away a crazy penatly when our player wrestled with South Park striker as ball was coming into the box. Although Jurg says it definatly wasn't a penalty others on the pitch said it acctually was a penalty but I didn't see it as I was watching the ball. Pen was scored

Then the sending off which I also missed but when I came on I asked linesman who said Jurg has a nibble at the players leg and had to go for inproper conduct. Game finished 2-1 but how we didn't get a least a point I will never know but we can't keep saying we played better than them and losing. Chobham on Saturday has now become a lot tougher!

YoungHammer, good report, glad to see not all excsues and complaints when teams lost. talked to Jurgs few days ago bout your team, just seems like of maturity if the giving away free kicks is anyting to go by!! whop gave away your pen?? have to say your defence seems to be quite 'clean' for defenders!!!!

Ban 0-1 Chess

Egham 4-1 Hanw

Sand 0-2 Cambo

Wem v Dork OFF

Called off 20 mins before ko!!!

Ref didn't like pitch repairs :smashfreakb:

NGU 4-2 Epsom (now a result)

Can anyone expand further on the reason and why it was so late ?

Ban 0-1 Chess

Egham 4-1 Hanw

Sand 0-2 Cambo

Wem v Dork OFF

Called off 20 mins before ko!!!

Ref didn't like pitch repairs :smashfreakb:

NGU 4-2 Epsom (now a result)

ANOTHER BAD RESULT FOR BANSTEAD. NOT LOOKING TO GOOD FOR THEM HAVING PLAYED MORE GAMES THAN THE BOTTOM 4-5 SO THEY NEED TO HOPE THE BOTTOM TEAMS LOSE THOSE GAMES IN HAND. GOES TO SHOW THAT ALL THEIR NEW PLAYERS SWAPPING AND CHANGING DOESN'T HELP ANY TEAM AS RESULTS APPEAR TO BE SHOWING. A TEAM NEEDS CONTINUITY AND NOT WEEKLY CHANGES IN PLAYERS WHO ARE ON LOAN AND DON'T REALLY CARE FOR THE CLUBS WELLBEING

No mention of the disallowed goal for Handball TC ? From what I understand if that goal had stood it would have been 4 or 5 by the end ;)

South Park 2-1 Cobham

YoungHammer, good report, glad to see not all excsues and complaints when teams lost. talked to Jurgs few days ago bout your team, just seems like of maturity if the giving away free kicks is anyting to go by!! whop gave away your pen?? have to say your defence seems to be quite 'clean' for defenders!!!!

Penalty was given away by new central midfield player Oti. We can't have any excuses. Although I can't blame the ref he was very arrogant and told me to f*** off when I tried to speak to him at the end when I just asked the question. Also said the same to another of our players after he gave away a free kick. I would agree that it probably is maturity causing us to give away free kicks. I think having clean defenders is no problem and a feature of our good form before Christmas was our defence and keeping clean sheets.

South Park 2-1 Cobham

Penalty was given away by new central midfield player Oti. We can't have any excuses. Although I can't blame the ref he was very arrogant and told me to f*** off when I tried to speak to him at the end when I just asked the question. Also said the same to another of our players after he gave away a free kick. I would agree that it probably is maturity causing us to give away free kicks. I think having clean defenders is no problem and a feature of our good form before Christmas was our defence and keeping clean sheets.

Why a new midfiewlder?? you had a strong squad before adding new ones?? and nothing wrong with clean defedners wasn a insult!! makes sense it wasnt a defender who gave it away!!! clean sheets seem to be problem atm for you guys, points you have dropped this season have been since new year after such long streak!

No mention of the disallowed goal for Handball TC ? From what I understand if that goal had stood it would have been 4 or 5 by the end ;)

Yeah, sorry, forgot that one. That was a fortunate decision for us from my angle. Could it have been 4 or 5 after that? Maybe, it would have been 2-0 and we would have chased the game from there. I would like to think it wouldn't have been.

South Park 2-1 Cobham

Why a new midfiewlder?? you had a strong squad before adding new ones?? and nothing wrong with clean defedners wasn a insult!! makes sense it wasnt a defender who gave it away!!! clean sheets seem to be problem atm for you guys, points you have dropped this season have been since new year after such long streak!

That new midfielder was probably your best player on the night imo, but i would say that as i had to chase him round the pitch most of the night. He was nieve for the penalty as i was never going to get to the ball, but he had both arm's around me!!

One of the best footballing sides we've played this season, kept the ball really well but didnt test our keeper enough, although he did pull off a worldy near the end. We didnt play partically well, but was a massive 3 points for us.

South Park 2-1 Cobham

That new midfielder was probably your best player on the night imo, but i would say that as i had to chase him round the pitch most of the night. He was nieve for the penalty as i was never going to get to the ball, but he had both arm's around me!!

One of the best footballing sides we've played this season, kept the ball really well but didnt test our keeper enough, although he did pull off a worldy near the end. We didnt play partically well, but was a massive 3 points for us.

Ah, so it was you who went down so easily :zornig: !!! What No were you?

Yeah he has only played in our last 2 league game, but imo is a good addition to our squad. Like you say we never really tested your GK (only playing one up top and starting with our 2 top goal scorers as wide men in a midfield 5 baffled me), but the save he made was very good (applauded it myself), although our CB should have buried the header. Feel if we had played our usual formation we would have troubled the goal a lot more.

As you say was a massive 3 points for you (you certainly celebrated the final whistle as such) and at the end of the day that is what counts, so fair play to you. Look forward to the game at ours now.

South Park 2-1 Cobham

Ah, so it was you who went down so easily zornig.gif !!! What No were you?

Yeah he has only played in our last 2 league game, but imo is a good addition to our squad. Like you say we never really tested your GK (only playing one up top and starting with our 2 top goal scorers as wide men in a midfield 5 baffled me), but the save he made was very good (applauded it myself), although our CB should have buried the header. Feel if we had played our usual formation we would have troubled the goal a lot more.

As you say was a massive 3 points for you (you certainly celebrated the final whistle as such) and at the end of the day that is what counts, so fair play to you. Look forward to the game at ours now.

We celebrated, as we knew we could go above you if we won and didnt really deserve the win which made it that much sweeter. I was no.11 didnt enjoy having to retake the peno, was going to introduce myself after the game but couldnt find you smilewinkgrin.gif .

Yeah it's getting pretty bunched up near the top now so a lot of games will carry that kind of outcome. Nice to see you admit you didn't really deserve it.

Ah right (were you the skipper then?), I nearly got to the retake as well but was too close to my body as I dived (the initial pen was much better). Yeah sorry mate, I got a lift and he had to shoot straight off so didn't make it into the clubhouse for a drink.

Yeah it's getting pretty bunched up near the top now so a lot of games will carry that kind of outcome. Nice to see you admit you didn't really deserve it.

Ah right (were you the skipper then?), I nearly got to the retake as well but was too close to my body as I dived (the initial pen was much better). Yeah sorry mate, I got a lift and he had to shoot straight off so didn't make it into the clubhouse for a drink.

Yeah few of the top sides have been slipping up, should be a interesting end to the season. Yeah im skipper, one of only a couple over 30 so get it by default i reckon wink.gif . Good Luck for the rest of the season, looking to a tough game at your place, but not your sweaty changing rooms on legs!!

Ha Ha TC I am sure it wouldnt have been. :)

Is Stairsy still your DoF ?

Director of Football at CCL level, what kind of a club would be stupid enough to have one of those!!!

No, Stairsy is not involved anymore, just comes and watches every so often.

Yeah few of the top sides have been slipping up, should be a interesting end to the season. Yeah im skipper, one of only a couple over 30 so get it by default i reckon wink.gif . Good Luck for the rest of the season, looking to a tough game at your place, but not your sweaty changing rooms on legs!!

Yeah they have and the teams just below have certainly taken advantage of that! Wish we had that luxury.....I'm the only one over, with just a couple actually into the second half of their 20's!!!!

Yeah good luck to you guys as well and look forward to our home game.......haha I don't know what you mean they are lovely and warm when the sun is out :discobanana:

Yeah they have and the teams just below have certainly taken advantage of that! Wish we had that luxury.....I'm the only one over, with just a couple actually into the second half of their 20's!!!!

Yeah good luck to you guys as well and look forward to our home game.......haha I don't know what you mean they are lovely and warm when the sun is out :discobanana:

Haha, Jurg when I came on we had nobody left over 24!