Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Goal clip from the match at Canvey

Urchins

Lovely!!!

Get in!

About the best move of the game!

Thought we just about edged it.

Good to see the 50 or so Urchins fans in the crowd, you are a good bunch of fans who love the non league game.

Wish we didn't have to come to you on a Thurdsday night, wont help the gate.

I always like going to Canvey, nice bunch of people there. Bl**dy cold though.

As for the game, I don't think either side excelled and it was always going to be decided by one goal. Unfortunately it was Canvey that got it.

I thought a draw would have been a fairer result to be honest.

Didn't enjoy going through the Canvey fans at the end, but they earned the bragging rights unfortunately and we would have done the same!

Bring it on at the Bridge.

Poor game. although we shaded it neither side really looked like scoring. In the end a moment of class settled it but overall a very scrappy game that lacked any excitement.

I think the general standard this year other than Dartford has been quite poor. Even Dartford are no where near as good as Dover.

In ryman one north that game attracted over 700. Admittedly that was on Boxing Day but still a very poor turn out yesterday.

I don't think its neccesary due to the reccession that gates are down all over,i think its maybe more because football has been overkilled on the tele,our night attendances are very poor,especially when there is champions league games on,maybe with all the football on,people just choose to watch it on tele rather than support their own club.Saying that i don't think many clubs do enough to publicise their games choosing to rely on the press to advertise for them.The only club at ryman level which seems to advertise on a weekly basis is concord at sadlers farm roundabout,driving around most towns i never see any adverts for local sides.

Also i think the prices are too high to get into games,8 years ago we was paying £5 now we are nearly paying double.I think that if the prices were down to £5 adults and £1 for everyone else you would see the gates rise dramatically.Only the hardcore supporters are going to keep paying £9,after a while those who are not as passionate will simply decide its a waste of money and not bother going.This i think is whats happened as the years have gone past.If you could get in to the game,get a beer and a bit of grub for a tenner you would consider that a bargain,at the moment you would only get a couple of quids change from a score for the privelage

Once you lose fans it's very difficult to get them back. Once they move on to doing other things on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday evening, it's very difficult for them to break the routine.