Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

REFS

This isnt a dig at referees as they do an impossible job week in week out but im just putting the question the refs on here.

As a captain i find it hard every week dealing with a referee who is completly different to the previous one - on sat vs CBH the ref told me at the hand shake -" ill talk to you , your players , your manager, who ever wants to talk to me but wont stand for being shoouted at from 30 yards away" fair enough - last nights ref wouldnt speak to anyone and then kept putting his hand in his pocket threatening to book players if they didnt stop talking including me (captain) , players were only asking what that decision was for in some case actually quiite calmly. the ref on saturday was completly different and alot better.

Other case with swearing we had a player send off for saying F**K off to a decision by a ref , the following game a player from the other team said ref your f***king s***t very loud and he did nothing just said shut it.

Just gets so frustrating the difference in referees every week.

What is the rules now with talking to referees - and swearing.?

Another one for our Beloved Leader.

As I understood it at the start of the season, all 'conversations' would be conducted between Referee and Team Captain.

With regard to the 'F' word, when used indirectly. it should be ignored, but as Brunty indicated above, when used directly at an official, it should then result in an immediate RED.

Over to you, Kroons.

Edited by Big J R

The simple answer as a supporter and Football Lover is simple according to the Laws.Swearing is a RED card offence,does not matter who it is aimed at, be it Ref,Opponent,or ones Self.Therein lies the problem,some Refs tolerate it,others do not.If however they laid down the Law strictly,every game at every Adult Level,would never be completed,for lack of players on the field.All you are doing and I will say it for the umpteenth time is filling the coffers of your County F.A.,Refs rarely change their minds after giving their decision FACT,so no point in ranting and raving.Maybe the solution should be that the Respect part of shaking hands,should be held at the end of a game not the beginning,then it is your choice whether you do or you don't shake the Officials or Opponents hand. Or Team zip their mouths.

Edited by Smudge

Not my remit JR.

People are different every referee is different. Some refs you can talk too others you cannot.

As I always say no different to players. Brunty you will do one thing one game and something different the next. Not having a go at you just trying to explain.

I can't really write down how I deal with it because it would be easier to explain face to face so next time feel free to chat to me about it.

There is no hard and fast rule about referees talking to players.

In my opinion the better referees will attempt to talk to players but tghis is not always possible.

Some players (inclusing captains) only want to talk to referees if they get the answer or decision that they are looking for.

I personally will always start a game with the intention of striking up some sort of relationship with players though and see how it develops

Unusual thought it is, Smudge is incorrect about swearing.

Swearing is not an automatic red card offence.

Using language that a referee finds insulting, abusive or offensive is a red card offence.

Most referees will produce a red card if they are called a cheat or if the word c**t is used ... at least I would hope that they would.

Swearing other than that will largely depend on how it is said and how loudly ... and also to whom it is aimed