Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

NGU ENFORCE SQUAD

I HAVE JUST READ A REPORT THAT NGU HAVE ENFORCED THEIR SQUAD SO TO PUSH HARD FOR PROMOTION BY GETTING BACK PROLIFIC GOALSCORER GARY SENIOR FROM NORTHWOOD. SEEN HIM PLAY IN RYMANS LAST SEASON AND HE LOOKS A GOOD ADDITION AND WOULD COST A BIT I WOULD ASSUME BUT IT SHOWS HOW DETERMINED AND ADVENTEROUS NGU WANT TO BE CHAMPIONS..

LAST TUESDAY, HE STARTED HIS 1ST GAME AS SUB AND CAME ON FOR 5 MINS AND SCORED !

WITH DAVE LAWRENCE AND GARY SENIOR PLUS PITHER THATS AN AWESOME STRIKE FORCE, IT APPEARS NGU MEAN BUSINESS CAMBERLEY AND CHERTSEY !

I HAVE JUST READ A REPORT THAT NGU HAVE ENFORCED THEIR SQUAD SO TO PUSH HARD FOR PROMOTION BY GETTING BACK PROLIFIC GOALSCORER GARY SENIOR FROM NORTHWOOD. SEEN HIM PLAY IN RYMANS LAST SEASON AND HE LOOKS A GOOD ADDITION AND WOULD COST A BIT I WOULD ASSUME BUT IT SHOWS HOW DETERMINED AND ADVENTEROUS NGU WANT TO BE CHAMPIONS..

LAST TUESDAY, HE STARTED HIS 1ST GAME AS SUB AND CAME ON FOR 5 MINS AND SCORED !

WITH DAVE LAWRENCE AND GARY SENIOR PLUS PITHER THATS AN AWESOME STRIKE FORCE, IT APPEARS NGU MEAN BUSINESS CAMBERLEY AND CHERTSEY !

Is it true chertski went the league to complain about the ngu application to go up?anyone

If NGU win the league they deserve to be promoted likewise Chertski or Cambo no argument, it is going to be a hell of a finish to the season and good luck to all three

with hopefully Cambo coming out on top, although the way we are playing at the moment it is highly unlikely.

Interesting about Chertsey appealing.

I have a little sympathy with them TBH. If NGU didnt get their application in on time why should they be allowed to go up ?

Bearing in mind what happened to Chertsey last year in the Cup I can see their issue.

In my mind though I want the league winners to go up whoever that be. What is always interesting is if they have the ground grading or not.

I can assure you that we will not bite at this. Chertsey Town have not appealed against NGU in any form. To the contrary we have had other clubs contact us asking us to do a joint appeal as they feel it is not right about the FA allowing the appeal by NGU but we have not pursued it. I bet though if it had been Chertsey that was late with its application that the FA would have had no sympathy. Pity other clubs didn't take the same stance with the 'abandoned' Colliers Wood game which we were leading 3-0 with eight minutes to go. The reason this case IS being appealed is that two clubs called the League to complain (we know which ones) and the League have ordered a replay ' in order to preserve the competition'. This is totally unfair as Colliers Wood offered the game with the support of the officials and now fair play is being abused which may well affect both the top and the bottom of the League. Its a pity that other clubs werent willing to let the promotion and relegation issues be dealt with on the pitch which is the correct way it should be. For once we have at least three teams within close proximity at the top fighting for promotion and just as many fighting against relegation. We should all be looking forward to an exciting last six weeks of the season and I hope that the best team wins and issues off the pitch do not detract from that .

Thanks for letting us know that.

Have to agree with you re the 3-0 game. Common Sense should have prevailed.

It appears there are no angels left in this national game of ours :)

I can assure you that we will not bite at this. Chertsey Town have not appealed against NGU in any form. To the contrary we have had other clubs contact us asking us to do a joint appeal as they feel it is not right about the FA allowing the appeal by NGU but we have not pursued it. I bet though if it had been Chertsey that was late with its application that the FA would have had no sympathy. Pity other clubs didn't take the same stance with the 'abandoned' Colliers Wood game which we were leading 3-0 with eight minutes to go. The reason this case IS being appealed is that two clubs called the League to complain (we know which ones) and the League have ordered a replay ' in order to preserve the competition'. This is totally unfair as Colliers Wood offered the game with the support of the officials and now fair play is being abused which may well affect both the top and the bottom of the League. Its a pity that other clubs werent willing to let the promotion and relegation issues be dealt with on the pitch which is the correct way it should be. For once we have at least three teams within close proximity at the top fighting for promotion and just as many fighting against relegation. We should all be looking forward to an exciting last six weeks of the season and I hope that the best team wins and issues off the pitch do not detract from that .

Is that true that the colliers wood game is to be replayed? I thought similar had happened in this league before and been allowed to stand, therefore setting a precedent. Who are the 2 teams that complained then, very unsporting to say the least. Chertesytown are you an official at the club?

Chertsey appealed against the league decision to replay the Wood v Curfews game on Tuesday.

Their appeal was denied.

I do not know if Chertsey are taking the matter any further ie to the FA.

I'm Off to the bookies to back 3-0 in the Replayed Chertsey Town v Colliers Wood game whenever it takes place.Because I feel there are still a few Gentleman left in this World.I was going to have a double,but is Mercenary a Gent,I asked myself,will he become a Gold Member,did side of pitch say Hi,to many IFS there, so Single it is.

We don't complain about other clubs.

We just complain about...................................

:bolt:

Is that true that the colliers wood game is to be replayed? I thought similar had happened in this league before and been allowed to stand, therefore setting a precedent. Who are the 2 teams that complained then, very unsporting to say the least. Chertesytown are you an official at the club?

Epsom & Ewell v Bedfont in November. Abandoned due to a partial floodlight failure with 2 and a half minutes to go. The game was ordered to be replayed.

It was 2-1 at the time to Epsom but I don't think you can say that becuase Chertsey were winning by three goals their result should stand whereas Epsom were only winning by one so their game had to be replayed.

I thought it was a general rule that abandoned games must be replayed at all levels and always has been.

Edited by VPCTFC

Still can't understand why the game didn't continue for the last few minutes. I was in the stand and could still see both far corners fairly well. No sooner had the lights gone out and everyone was shaking hands and walking off!

Epsom & Ewell v Bedfont in November. Abandoned due to a partial floodlight failure with 2 and a half minutes to go. The game was ordered to be replayed.

It was 2-1 at the time to Epsom but I don't think you can say that becuase Chertsey were winning by three goals their result should stand whereas Epsom were only winning by one so their game had to be replayed.

I thought it was a general rule that abandoned games must be replayed at all levels and always has been.

VPCTFC YOU'RE THE ANORAK (SORRY I HAVE TO BE CAREFUL WITH THIS WORD) AMONGST US ALL I UNDERSTAND, BEING A RELATIVELY NEWCOMER.

THE WAY I SEE IT IS THAT THE CCL SET A PRECEDENT WITH THE GAME YOU MENTIONED IRRESPECTIVE OF THE SCORE BE IT 2-1 BE IT 3-0.

I THINK, BUT DON'T QUOTE ME, THERE WAS ALSO ANOTHER GAME AT MERLAND RISE WHEN THE LIGHTS FAILED AGAIN (I MAYBE WRONG, IT MAY HAVE BEEN AT ANOTHER VENUE) WHEN THE CCL MADE THE DECISION TO REPLAY THAT MATCH AS WELL. (COME ON VP YOU KNOW IT !)

IF CHERTSEY WON THEIR CCL APPEAL, THEN YOU WOULD HAVE E & E APPEALING AGAINST THEIR ABONDONED GAME AND THE OTHER MATCH WHICH I CANNOT REMEMBER THE TEAMS, WHOEVER WAS WINNING IN THAT GAME, THEY'D APPEAL.

CCL MADE A DECISION TO REPLAY THE E&E VS BEDFONT GAME AND STUCK TO THEIR GUNS OTHERWISE IT COULD BE SAID AS SHOWING FAVOURITISM. IN OTHER WORDS, IRRESPECTIVE OF THE SCORE, HOW LONG LEFT TO PLAY AND WHO YOU ARE, YOU'RE GOING HAVE TO REPLAY THE MATCH END OF STORY. THIS WAY EVERY TEAM IS IN THE SAME BOAT.

CREDIT GOES TO THE CCL IN MY EYES FOR STANDING FIRM. SORRY CHERTSEY BOY BUT I'M SURE YOU KNOW WHERE I'M COMING FROM, WHATS GOOD FOR ONE HAS TO BE THE SAME FOR THE OTHER ANYWAY, ARE CHERTSEY SCARED THAT THEY MAY LOSE TO COLLIERS WOOD......SURELY NOT, AND ARE THEY REALLY SO DESPERATE THAT THEY NEED TO GET THESE 3 POINTS BY AN APPEAL ! I DIDN'T SEE E&E APPEALING THEY JUST GOT ON WITH IT, AND IF MY MEMORY SERVES ME WELL, THEY LOST THE REPLAY !

Edited by NICE GUY

VPCTFC YOU'RE THE ANORAK (SORRY I HAVE TO BE CAREFUL WITH THIS WORD) AMONGST US ALL I UNDERSTAND, BEING A RELATIVELY NEWCOMER.

THE WAY I SEE IT IS THAT THE CCL SET A PRECEDENT WITH THE GAME YOU MENTIONED IRRESPECTIVE OF THE SCORE BE IT 2-1 BE IT 3-0.

I THINK, BUT DON'T QUOTE ME, THERE WAS ALSO ANOTHER GAME AT MERLAND RISE WHEN THE LIGHTS FAILED AGAIN (I MAYBE WRONG, IT MAY HAVE BEEN AT ANOTHER VENUE) WHEN THE CCL MADE THE DECISION TO REPLAY THAT MATCH AS WELL. (COME ON VP YOU KNOW IT !)

IF CHERTSEY WON THEIR CCL APPEAL, THEN YOU WOULD HAVE E & E APPEALING AGAINST THEIR ABONDONED GAME AND THE OTHER MATCH WHICH I CANNOT REMEMBER THE TEAMS, WHOEVER WAS WINNING IN THAT GAME, THEY'D APPEAL.

CCL MADE A DECISION TO REPLAY THE E&E VS BEDFONT GAME AND STUCK TO THEIR GUNS OTHERWISE IT COULD BE SAID AS SHOWING FAVOURITISM. IN OTHER WORDS, IRRESPECTIVE OF THE SCORE, HOW LONG LEFT TO PLAY AND WHO YOU ARE, YOU'RE GOING HAVE TO REPLAY THE MATCH END OF STORY. THIS WAY EVERY TEAM IS IN THE SAME BOAT.

CREDIT GOES TO THE CCL IN MY EYES FOR STANDING FIRM. SORRY CHERTSEY BOY BUT I'M SURE YOU KNOW WHERE I'M COMING FROM, WHATS GOOD FOR ONE HAS TO BE THE SAME FOR THE OTHER ANYWAY, ARE CHERTSEY SCARED THAT THEY MAY LOSE TO COLLIERS WOOD......SURELY NOT, AND ARE THEY REALLY SO DESPERATE THAT THEY NEED TO GET THESE 3 POINTS, I DIDN'T SEE E&E APPEALING THEY JUST GOT ON WITH IT, AND IF MY MEMORY SERVES ME WELL, THEY LOST THE REPLAY !

This forum needs an anorak emoticon so that we can warn readers of an impending boring reply. For now this'll have to do:-

_40577055_anorak203.jpg

If I've got the right game, the other match at Merland Rise you're referring to wasn't abandoned (Banstead v Hanworth Villa in February). The ref that night decided there was enough light to play on. It appears it was the same bulbs that went out in both games but I could be wrong.

And Epsom & Ewell beat Bedfont 2-1 in the replayed game.

CREDIT GOES TO THE CCL IN MY EYES FOR STANDING FIRM. SORRY CHERTSEY BOY BUT I'M SURE YOU KNOW WHERE I'M COMING FROM, WHATS GOOD FOR ONE HAS TO BE THE SAME FOR THE OTHER ANYWAY, ARE CHERTSEY SCARED THAT THEY MAY LOSE TO COLLIERS WOOD......SURELY NOT, AND ARE THEY REALLY SO DESPERATE THAT THEY NEED TO GET THESE 3 POINTS, I DIDN'T SEE E&E APPEALING THEY JUST GOT ON WITH IT, AND IF MY MEMORY SERVES ME WELL, THEY LOST THE REPLAY !

This forum needs an anorak emoticon so that we can warn readers of an impending boring reply. For now this'll have to do:-

_40577055_anorak203.jpg

If I've got the right game, the other match at Merland Rise you're referring to wasn't abandoned (Banstead v Hanworth Villa in February). The ref that night decided there was enough light to play on. It appears it was the same bulbs that went out in both games but I could be wrong.

And Epsom & Ewell beat Bedfont 2-1 in the replayed game.

BRILLIANT VP !!! BUT YOU ARE BETTER LOOKING !!!

OOPS ! SEE I KNEW YOU'D PUT ME RIGHT YOU 'OL ANARAK YOU........ THANKS FROM CCL NEWCOMER