Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sat 24 April results

TRS

Lammas 2-1 Sheerwater

Much different game from compared to last week very boring game to be honest, i was given the opportunity to take penaltys as i was the only 1 who hadnt scored this season and unbelievably we got a penalty and i stepped up cool, calm, collected and sent the keeper the other way. Jmmy stanford with the other goal!!

Alot closer i see this time?! still got the 3 points! not as many goals! what was different? Looks like you are doing as much as you can to try and get in the top 3! will be an interesting last week! Worcester park look to of sealed it! I cant see them slipping up........ what do you think? who do you think the top 3 will be now?

MV 2-5 HW

Should have been alot more too.

great result brunty!

Cheers - yeah done you and WP a big favor!! Very convincing win and about time too! shame its too late now.

Hopefully we can hang on to 5th now with a win vs eversley in the last game.

yes TC that would be it. i think the N G U chairman said something about kicking the ball into the trees. just a little nibble. thoughjt that you had done enough for a draw. you made some crucial stops. thought a red was a bit harsh, as people were around. whats the high shorts all about. coffee%20%282%29.gif

MV 2-5 HW

great result brunty!

Cheers - yeah done you and WP a big favor!! Very convincing win and about time too! shame its too late now.

Brunty - were you boys that good or were MV that bad? I think Worcester Park have now won it, they seem to be beating everyone with ease and there hardest game now is Bedfont.

We've got MV on Thursday, but as we have a game on Tues as well we may be a bit tired. Always a close game between us though. If we can get 6 pts from them we go to Feltham Sat with a good chance of catching you and nicking 5th, we need to win most of the remaining games though.

Worcester Park 2-1 Cobham

A close game of few chances (both GK spent most of the afternoon dealing with crosses rather than shots) was won in the last 10 mins with a well placed header.

We took the lead in the first half with a free header from a corner. WP equalised from the spot just on the stroke of h/t. No real chances for either side in the second half, until we gave the ball away cheaply, it was worked wide and the cross was neatly flicked into the far corner.

Think the biggest cheer came when the MV v HW score came through!! I believe it is now WP league to lose.

Excellant surface (just a shame about the slope and the rabbit hutch of a changing room), plus a great bar and food.

Less said about the officials the better IMO!

On a slightly down note, our CF (who had been drafted in from the reserves) unfortunately broke his leg after an excellant block tackle from the WP centre back. We wish him a speedy recovery.

Lost 4 on the bounce now :bartshocked:

They were just second best on the day we didnt let them play and won every first and second ball - we wanted it alot more than them. the other main thing is we took our chances, So many times we have dominated games but not taken our chances and it had cost us.

On another note - the pitch was so hard on saturday that some of the MV players were wearing astroturfs!

MV will do well to overhaul WP now, they need to win all there games and with them playing 3 or 4 games in a week it is going to be tough.

Good luck to them though a decent bunch of lads

yes TC that would be it. i think the N G U chairman said something about kicking the ball into the trees. just a little nibble. thoughjt that you had done enough for a draw. you made some crucial stops. thought a red was a bit harsh, as people were around. whats the high shorts all about. coffee%20%282%29.gif

Maybe the Red was a bit harsh, but the winger was 1 on 1 with me if our full back did not tangle legs with him. Another day and another ref who didn't want to be centre of attention and he may have only got a yellow.

High shorts - I don;t know where my waist is!!! I just think the shorts are a touch long for me so I turn the waist band up one. I'll keep the waist band down from now on.

I was pleased with my performance but when I played crap we won, now I am playing well and we are not getting much!

I enjoy the banter with supporters behind the goal, as I said before, just had the hump after the third went in.

Town were forced to play skipper and central defender Guscott in goal against local side Banstead Athletic at the New Defence.After only 2 minutes a long throw from Weller found Gilbert in a goal mouth scramble and at the second attempt fire the ball for his 5th goal in the last five games to put Town one nil up.After five minutes Pullen got pulled down in the box and the Assistant referee flagged for a penalty. Chris Weller took the penalty and scored in the bottom corner (See the goal ) to send Town two nil up.After eighteen minutes Danny Guscott pulled of a good save diving to his right.This was followed by Danny coming out well and saving with his feet.With 15 left Horley went on the attack and each time the attack broke down with the final ball.With 7 left Banstead broke through and the ball bounced in front of Guscott and they scored.With four left JJ did a good covering tackle at the back for Town.In the last minute another long throw from Chris Weller found Mark Gilbert crossed to Pullen whose cross went right across the goal but nobody could get on the end of it.Town went in at half time leading two one. Banstead went on the attack early inn the 2nd half and Guscott was called into action.With 6 played Gilbert took a free kick and fired it straight at goal and the keeper got a hand to it but could not stop it going into the net to put Horley three one up and his sixth goal in the last five games.With sixteen played Banstead changed the goal keeper.Next Jupp put young Reece through and he controlled the ball beat the defender and the offside trap and scored a great goal to make it four.With 17 left Gilbert controlled the ball and looked up and found the head of Jupp who powered his header into the back of the net to make it five one to Horley.With 15 left Danny forgot his was goal keeper and came round out of the area and cleared the ball but caught the forward and was booked.This was followed by Danny tipping the ball over from a corner. This rounded of a great team performance to give Town three points.

www.youtube.com/user/HORLEYFC

And pictures at www.horleytownfc.fotopic.net

Tucks have you ever crossed anyones path for the "Right Reasons".

All I am saying is Cranleigh and Northfleet on a fecking Wednesday night !!!!!

bartshocked.gif

Krooner probably not but you learn by your mistakes!! ..Anyways Im sure you will reveal yourself when ready and I will then know how our paths crossed!!

MV 2-5 HW

great result brunty!

Yea did do us a favour but think were too far behind now so id settle for 3rd which would of meant promotion for us but oh well roll on next season, guna be be a better season than this one i think!!

Lammas 2-1 Sheerwater

Much different game from compared to last week very boring game to be honest, i was given the opportunity to take penaltys as i was the only 1 who hadnt scored this season and unbelievably we got a penalty and i stepped up cool, calm, collected and sent the keeper the other way. Jmmy stanford with the other goal!!

Alot closer i see this time?! still got the 3 points! not as many goals! what was different? Looks like you are doing as much as you can to try and get in the top 3! will be an interesting last week! Worcester park look to of sealed it! I cant see them slipping up........ what do you think? who do you think the top 3 will be now?

yea was alot tighter but to be fair it wasnt much different from last week, SW worked hard, got behind the ball and we found it hard to break them down, i think were finish 3rd because i think Knaphill have still got some tough games i.e bedfont, cobham and farnham, if they win them then youd have to say there deserve 3rd but after the start we had il take 3rd which would of meant promotion if we were able to go up! knowing our luck the season we get floodlights we wont finish in the top 3!! how u think it will turn out??

Lammas 2-1 Sheerwater

yea was alot tighter but to be fair it wasnt much different from last week, SW worked hard, got behind the ball and we found it hard to break them down, i think were finish 3rd because i think Knaphill have still got some tough games i.e bedfont, cobham and farnham, if they win them then youd have to say there deserve 3rd but after the start we had il take 3rd which would of meant promotion if we were able to go up! knowing our luck the season we get floodlights we wont finish in the top 3!! how u think it will turn out??

Well the good thing for staines is that they have only got the one game left so they dont have the backlog of games, which mole valley and knaphill could feel it in the last couple of games. The bad start to the season could cost you although slightly irrelevant as you cant get promoted, Its a shame you cant as you have been consistent over the past few years.