Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Trivial Pursuit

David Holden

Mississippi. - JACKSON.

Missouri. - JEFFERSON.

Nebraska. - LINCOLN.

Wisconsin. - MADISON.

(Great to have E-Mail mates in the States !)

Born 'Arthur Stanley Jefferson' in England in 1890.

Died 1965 in the U.S.A.

What name do we know him by ?

Sorry AFF, but I have access to some good search engines, and I admit I didn't know the answer, but...

It's a WWII expression, hence:- .---"That's the whole nine yards."---Apparently a WWII saying. The ammunition belts (gun belts) on fighter aircraft were 27 feet long, so when ordered to give the enemy the "Whole nine yards," you used all the ammunition you carried.

Why is it considered unlucky to accept a 'third light' from a match when lighting a ciggie ? (CLUE:- Nothing to do with the trenches in WWI !)

OFFSIDE REF!!!!!! IS THIS YOUR FIRST GAME MATE?????!!!!!??????

Err.... Just a small point of order, once again, Mr Chairman.

My good friend Big JR asked a question about the 'third light' and added a comment "It's nothing to do with the trenches in WW1". My good friend DH answered with the traditional thing about the trenches in WW1.

Now I'm confused at the rules on here.

DH. Is Big JR a G&N fan? In which case, he can do no wrong [see Slartifastbastfastbart, passim]

Do I detect a conspiracy? Q: What's 7 times 6? A: 37. That's close enough if you are a Gravesend & Northfleet supporter. Ask another, old chap. Q: Who won the World Cup in 1966? Here's a clue: It's not England. A: England. Quite right you G&N fan, you. Ask us another.

Could we just have some clarification for those of us who are not Men of Kent?

Yours ay,

Confused of St. Albans.

[Good question about Alice, by the way.]

The first one might not be in the mouth at that point, Badger, the smoker having enjoyed the first drag after lighting the thing, may gesticulate with it or something like that. The cigarette is always in the mouth at ignition.

Indians? With bows and arrows? What? English longbowmen they weren't. Bows and arrows were more of a blanket thing than a weapon of precision, I think you will find.

Just noticed that you're from Gravesend Chrisblanc. Righto. That's O.K. then. Close enough with the native Americans for me.