Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Trivial Pursuit

David Holden

Now this one will really have him up in arms. Was Vietnam a war or was it a Police Action, was Korea a win or a draw. etc etc etc.

I'll pass on this one as well and wait for questions that don't have to be interpreted before you can work out the answer.

Quote:
Badger said:
OK, dubious question. I reckon it's two. They lost Vietnam, and the British beat them when they sided with Napoleon.

Proper question: What was the name of the only German to escape from a Commonwealth p.o.w. camp in WWII?

Again I have a problem this quote is taken from a website entitled German Prisoners of War in Britain

"There were several escape attempts made and various methods were employed such as tunnelling and breaching the wire fences although most ended in failure with the escapees being re-captured within a few days. The local around the vicinity of the camp were alert to the possibility of escaped German prisoners and many were turned over by the locals to the authorities. There was one case however of two German POWs escaping from Glen Mill prison camp and making it back to Hamburg. From there they sent a rude letter to the camp commandant stating that they would not be coming back to enjoy any more of his kind hospitality!! "

Whch one of them do you want named?

Hi David.

Small point of order, old chap.

Colin Germany answered a question and waited for confirmation that it was correct. [They're well brought up these people. Not like the kids in this country.]

Anyway. I confirmed that he was correct and invited him to ask another. I thought that an alternative trasnslation of the rule was appropriate, so as not to take advantage of his lack of knowledge of English.

If there was any doubt about his nationality, his response confirmed it. No sense of humour these people.

Are we on the war one or the chocolate one?

Quote:
David Holden said:Whch one of them do you want named?

Hmmm, looks like my sources are incorrect. I was hoping you'd say 'Franz von Werra' as I always thought he was the only one to succesful escape the land of the nation he was at war with. He escaped from Canada into America, and as far as I know was interned shortly afterwards as the US entered the war.

I might just stop asking questions as all of mine seem to be a bit doolally.

Quote:
AFF said:
Ahhh.

I think that is covered by Rule 79 (d) where someone answers a question correctly and then forgets to ask another.

I did apologise when asking mine. It's under 'Addendum 19 Continuation of the Game'.

Make your [****!!****] mind up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You get into a strop when someone asks a question when their answer is wrong and you jump in if they wait for confirmation. This was a nice easy thread until you became involved. Kepp your drivel for the the St Alban's Forum where it's appreciated.

With that I shall join Badger

So ! Have we decided who is right ? Which question was answered, and who's 'go' it is.

I'm getting confused, and that's not hard for a bloke of my age !!

Temporarily withdrawn by the applicant, Rob.

Oh, by the way. Don't come on this thread with anything other than an answer to the previous question. 'Certain people' take great exception to any level of levity.

You have been warned!

What's the current/next question, please?