Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Segregation

russboy

I know we went through it all last year, and no doubt the same rules still apply - but I've forgotten it all and was wondering if we have to have all our matches segregated. We have been noted as among the best fans in the league (see other thread) and have even been commented on about our good behaviour. With this in mind could we not de-segregate for some matches - I loved it in the Ryman when we could mingle with the opposition before the match and at halftime in the bar, it was a good feeling. Also, when we are away and segregated we never get to have a beer at halftime!!

Any thoughts ?

dancingman.gif

Alas it all depends on police "advice". Therefore depending on how dangerous they think it is they will segregate it and get the Club to pay them to do so. It is interesting to note that most games around Christmas and Bank Holidays are segregated to no doubt take advantage of enhanced hourly rates.

It's a shame, and a waste of much need funds in some cases - wasn't Docaster at home segregated one tuesday last year, in case there 50 or so fans ran riot !? OK not a great example, Doncaster did have a bit of a track record with fan trouble - but there have been several occcasions when there hasn't been any need for segregation at Stonebridge Road.

The only time I can think of there even being anything close to trouble was when our own ground staff over reacted to some passionate singing and tried making us move from our own end!! Which all ended in hand shakes and pats on the backs from both sets

of fans (Scarborough I think, could be wrong)

Oh well it's not to be, but now the away fans are no longer in the bar at halftime howcome it still takes 3 days to get served!!!!! affig.gif

Quote:
Hawkeye said:
I was under the impression that the club doesn't pay for policing these days

It certainly does, and if we don't segregate when they tell us the whole of Gravesend Nick comes to the match and we get the enlarged bill (no pun intended)

To go completely off topic for a sec, Thet just said on the news that Gravesend was the hottest place in the country (again) today at 97.5 degrees, lets hope all the players don't collapse from the heat on Saturday!

Incidently, I love the heat. It's 12.30AM and I'm eating Ice cream lol

Quote:
Fleet boy said:
I was working in sainsburys today...i was actually cold in there!

[color:"blue"] Well, you weren't working HARD enough, young man !

Quote:
Big J.R. said:
Quote:
Fleet boy said:
I was working in sainsburys today...i was actually cold in there!

[color:"blue"] Well, you weren't working HARD enough, young man !

Or they just had the air condition on full blast!I was working again tonight and was hot...i was working with my boss so i couldn't slack wink.gif Well done to the boy who was wearing the GNFC shirt in sainsburys tonight..brightened my shift up laugh.gif