Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Local Derbies.

Just looked back to C.C.L. Premier Winners since 2000/1,and in my opinion since Cove were victorious in 2000/1,and A.F.C. Wallingford in 2001/2,the Teams in the Hampshire/Surrey Triangle have not been successful,could this be down to ,to many local derbies.Too much rivalry,too few good Players to go round.Any views?

its been a discussion before and totally agree with ya.

Far too many local derbies. When i was at Ash we had loads of derbies.... Cove, Farnham, Frimley, Hartley, Sandhurst, Badshot lea, Guildford, Camberley.

Fleet town would also take many of the better quality players too. i think a good team in the ccl prem that can win all of their derby matches has a great chance of winning the league.

J.J. Did Cove go up in 2000/1,as if they did,they would be the only Champions to return to C.C.L. since then.

No! Ground not good enough back then and still a bit away from being able to go up now. The FA keep moving the goal posts as such!!

A few clubs have come mighty close to coming back down. Walton Casuals, Godalming, Chipstead. It seems that if you finish bottom of the Southern League or the ryman south you have a great chance of getting a reprieve or moving sideways! Pathetic really!!

Kroons, not like you to be lost for words.

He's not lost for words - he's eating!!

Kroons, not like you to be lost for words.

Probably got his mouth full !!!

:bolt:

I suppose thats why Chelsea and Arsenal have won nothing either in the last 10 years......It don't matter.... If you have the best team its simple....you win.

I suppose thats why Chelsea and Arsenal have won nothing either in the last 10 years......It don't matter.... If you have the best team its simple....you win.

Erm, I think pennies has a lot to do with it as well !coffee%20(2).gif

Errr!!!!!!!!! Chelsea.......... Premiership and F.A. CUP!!!!!! or were you just jokingsmashfreakb.gif

Edited by Real Sarnie Recruit

Erm, I think pennies has a lot to do with it as well !coffee%20(2).gif

What has the American superstore got to do with anything...And the same applies to non league footie...finance.

Duncs I was thinking of AFC Wimbledon and teams that have in excess of 20k a week at non league footie...They will always do better than those with a limited budget. I don't begrudge them one bit as they have a great fan base which is where most of the revenue is populated.

Come on England........